PDA

View Full Version : Audio from laptop to HDTV via 15-pin video cable

microtube
06-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Amateur Error? Must be missing something simple. I'm able to record audio and video using RVC5, but when replay to HDTV I get no sound to TV. The sound does come out of my laptop speaker, but my laptop speakers aren't that great. My hookup is via 15-pin video cable from laptop to HDTV. Shouldn't this also transfer audio???? Maybe not any ideas? Thanks for any comments. :confused:

stream-recorder.com
06-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Sometimes the sound is not transferred over HDMI automatically. It depends on your OS and your player. Sometimes sound settings need to be changed.

Is the problem related to RVC recordings only or to any other sound as well? What format do you use for recording?

microtube
06-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm not using hdmi cable, maybe that's the problem.

stream-recorder.com
06-24-2011, 12:23 AM
VGA and DVI allow to transfer video only. For video with audio you need to use HDMI and DisplayPort.

juanlfm
07-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Sounds to me like you are using an RS232 cable. That will give you the picture but no sound. Next connect a cable with 3.5 size jack between your PC headphone socket and the sound-in socket on your TV. These are also ussually 3.5. They might be RCA in which case you will need a cable with 3.5 for PC at one end and two RCA plugs at the other. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Jeff Lenney
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Hey guys - this thread died in June of 2011...no need to further respond :)