PDA

View Full Version : scheduler to launch and close the video program automatically

sbl
06-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Hi all, I am considering to buy RVC. I tried the demo version. I have a question about the scheduler. My application of RVC is to schedule to launch a video program then record and then close the video program after finishing recording. The scheduler successively launch the program if I put the full path of the video player exe file in the field "url/file path". However, It will not close the video program after finishing the recording. I also tried to put the same full path of the video player exe file into the field "program name" but the scheduler fail to launch the video program. Does anyone know if the RVC 5 support the function of scheduling to launch and close the video program after recording? Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
The program will not launch to do a recording if closed and it will not close automatically. Thanks.

ktjensen
04-15-2012, 05:34 PM
also want to know more about this. what exactly does the PROGRAM field in the SCHEDULER do?

As far as shutting down the launched application, you may be out of luck with that. I suggest finding an application that will STOP or END or SHUT other applications from the command line, and then using the SCHEDULER to shut down the previously running application. Via starting a new application that does that. Cumbersome, but should work.

Beata
04-16-2012, 12:00 AM
yes,you are right.