PDA

View Full Version : RVC 5.2.1 MPEG-4 Recording on Win 7 Results in Error

GadgetGuy
06-21-2011, 07:19 PM
I am trying the demo version of RVC 5.2.1 on my Win 7 machine to see if I want to upgrade from my existing RVC 4.x license.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to start recording in MPEG-4, I immediately receive an error dialog box titled:
Replay Video Capture Message
with a message of:
Cannot install codec Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V3

I've tried installing and running RVC as an administrator but there is no change in the result.

Any guidance?

Thanks,
Chris

Cheryl Wester
06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Have you downloaded a codec pack for your computer? If not do so. I personally used k-lite as it is free and on all of the popular download sites.

GadgetGuy
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Cheryl,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

A couple of items:
1. I WAS able to run RVC 5.2.1 without issue on another one of my Win 7 machines. Would you be able to find out exactly what RVC is trying to execute to install the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V3? I tried to "discover it" with Winternals ProcMon, but I wasn't successful. I'd like to see if I can manually run that installation command to see if I can troubleshoot the issue. I'm not sure if there is another applicaiton that is conflicting on the "problem machine" or if there is something else that I can do to solve the root cause.
2. I took a look a the K-Lite codec packs. There are quite a few versions (basic, standard, full, mega). Which is the minimum that I'd need to install to give RVC what it needs to record?

Thanks again,
Chris

Cheryl Wester
06-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Install the free version if they are not all. I personally installed all of them. Each system is different as you can see so it is hard to say.