PDA

View Full Version : Editing engine error

cobra2411
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I am trying to trim a WMV file and I've been getting the following error.

SolveigMM Video Editing Engine error

Unknown Error. HRESULT: 0xc00d002f
(Unspecified error
hr = 0x80004005)

I was trying to overwrite a spit I had made at the wrong points. I restarted the computer and tried again, same problem.

After that error it won't save any trimmed files till the computer is restarted.

I restarted, uninstalled, restarted, installed and same thing. When I save the trimmed file I get that error and it will not save any more files...

It now makes that error when you save any trimmed file, new file name or overwrite.

It's useless to me in it's current condition.

Windows XP pro SP3

Bobcat
10-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Same error here. Windows XP Professional media center edition Version 2002, SP3. WOrked fine when I was using the SolveigMM Video Splitter demo, but once I laid my $$ down for the paid version (Replay Media Splitter is the same software), no joy, just that pesky error. Sent a ticket in on it. Hopefully a joyously simple fix will come back.

Have you heard anything from Applian yet?

In any case, I still have the demo on another machine, Hopefully, I'll have enough time left on it to complete the course material I bought it for...

Bobcat
10-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I received the following from tech support in answer to my aforementioned ticket:

HI

Please make sure you have allowed the program in your windows firewall exception tab. Make sure you are using our latest version. Also, watch the file format that you are splitting to make sure that it is one that works with this. Let us know if you still have a problem.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Wester
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Since I had just bought the software last night, I am pretty sure I am at the latest version - I even clicked the "upgrade" button and was told same - one dog that won't hunt.

The file format I'm splitting is .wmv which the SolveigMM Video Splitter demo that prompted me to buy this thing handles without issue. You'll note that the the Replay Media Splitter is simply a "repackaged" SolveigMM Video Splitter. I suspect this is another dog that don't hunt, but maybe Applian or Solveig dumped some formats from its capabilities when repackaging it? No. Wait. Definitely a dog that don't hunt:

Replay Media Splitter edits these popular video and audio formats:

AVI
WMV
ASF
WMA
MP3

The firewall suggestion rings a little fishy - first, I am not using the windows firewall (I prefer McAfee). In any case, the application is expected to be operating entirely on my side of the firewall, and it fails with this error after having saved a small portion of the split file, but - what the hey! I'm willing to check anything. I will report on my findings here.

No disrespect, Applian folksen. I'll add the app to the firewall "allowed" list, but let's just say I'm a wee bit skeptical.

Bobcat
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
The firewall suggestion rings a little fishy - first, I am not using the windows firewall (I prefer McAfee). In any case, the application is expected to be operating entirely on my side of the firewall, and it fails with this error after having saved a small portion of the split file, but - what the hey! I'm willing to check anything. I will report on my findings here.

No disrespect, Applian folksen. I'll add the app to the firewall "allowed" list, but let's just say I'm a wee bit skeptical.

OK - set McAfee to allow two-way internet access for this application (it had outbound only), and verified that the Windows Firewall is off. Doh! Same error. What now, Applian?

Bobcat
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
OK - set McAfee to allow two-way internet access for this application (it had outbound only), and verified that the Windows Firewall is off. Doh! Same error. What now, Applian?

I've got it working. Here's what I did: I went to www.solveigmm.com and downloaded the trial of SolveigMM Video Splitter 2.1 and installed the 21 day trial. Now, replay media splitter works just fine - apparently, installing the SolveigMM trial replaces the faulty Replay Splitter editing engine with one that works. Now, I guess I'll see if this fix expires before Applian responds with anything meaningful. Whether or not it expires depends on where SolveigMM placed its timer: in the engine itself, or in the user interface...

Cheryl Wester
10-10-2008, 10:06 PM
We updated the program today and it should take care of the error you are receiving. Please give the new version a try and let us know.

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-splitter/demo.php