PDA

View Full Version : Record to DVD Format Size Limitation?

uncled
06-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi - I'm evaluating the demo version and was ready to purchase, however, I noticed while playing with the settings, that the max file size for DVD Video Format is capped at 4096MB. The 2 min demo capture that I created is approx 120MB, so it looks like I'll be maxed out after about 35 minutes or so. Weird thing is that Windows DVD Maker shows that I can put 75 of these 2 min demos (150 mins) on a single 4.3GB DVD...does that software compress the files?

Am I misinterpreting this? I'm looking to capture about 2 hours of media. Should I just parse it out into 30 minute segments or would i be better off with a different format (i.e. avi) that doesn't have this limitation and then convert to DVD format? I want the highest quality video/audio i can get.

Also, should i have any concerns with maxing out the Bitrate for Audio as well as Video (e.g. 384 Audio and 12000 Video) and jumping the Frames/sec to 50fps?

Thanks for any guidance. I'm pretty much a newbie to all this stuff, so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheryl Wester
06-19-2011, 08:57 PM
If you set it for the DVD format you will give it a time to record. It will make an adjustment on the bitrate. I have done two hour movies using this without an issue. For that length of time you would need to split it up.