PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "Cache Browser"... (Windows 7 64bit and IE9)

bfranker
06-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Hello!

I'm not an expert user of Replay Media Catcher 4 but did buy the Suite a while ago and had a need to use this today so tried it out but I'm having some problems.

I'm using the newest version with Windows 7 64bit and IE9.

When I go to the Cache Browser, it is always completely empty. If I hit "Refresh", I get the error "Unexpected Error" with the message "Input String was not in a correct format." I've tried rebooting and even using this with IE closed and the same results. I did a search here for "input string" and got ZERO results so it does not look to be a common issue.

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

stream-recorder.com
06-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Personally I don't use I.E. But the Cache Browser works fine for Firefox 4 for me.

sfan
06-20-2011, 06:10 AM
I think in Windows 7 64-bit, Microsoft changed where the Temporary Internet Files are store, and that's why the cache is always empty.

Type int opt in the Start menu search, open Internet Options, click on Settings, then on View Files, and you'll see that most of the files in that folder (Temporary Internet Files) are useless.

Search the Web for info on where IE in Windows 7 64-bit saved its cache. I tried looking into it a while back but gave up 'cause it sounded like a lot to do.

bfranker
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Can anybody from Applian confirm what sfan indicates and if this is the case, will there be an update in the future? Thanks!