PDA

View Full Version : A requiest to set the filename based on fields specified in the schedule

filename
06-18-2011, 01:27 AM
I like the newest 4.2.8, but I still need more options in setting the filename of the recording. So, this is what I am asking for.
1) Add a field to the schedule window to set a base filename for the recording.
2) Assign that base filename field to the variable {schedule}.
4) Assign the start time of the scheduled recording to {starttime}.
5) Add filename renaming options, and dulicate name options, to include {schedule}, {date} and {starttime} as possible fields to chose for the filename renaming process.
That way, I can have two schedules. One of "Radio Swap Meet - 20110617 - 1100.mp3" and the other of "Late Night Talk Show - 20110617 - 2300.mp3" recording from the same streaming radio station.
Just having the duplicate filename generator with a template of
{name} - {date} - {0}
would make most people happy, but {date} is missing at the moment. I am looking for
{schedule} - {date} - {starttime}
to give me my perfect filenames.
6) I really want to set mp3 tags inside the schedule panel, but I will gladly take just getting the filename with a definable base name, date and time fields.

The second issue I have is that for every schedule that records a stream and then converts it to a .mp3 file for me, it annoyingly stops and asks "Still Convert? Do you want to convert the cancelled download?"
Please give us a way to bypass this check when the schedule is created with an automatic yes. The reason it was scheduled in the first place is the user may not be at the machine at the time the recording is happening. The download was not cancelled. The schedule of the stream was to only record an hour of it. The program currently seems to not see the difference between a cancel and scheduled stop.

Thanks