PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

Kuzushi
05-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I have had Replay AV 8.52C for quite a while. Should I be upgrading to a new version by now? If so how do I do that? I looked under help and nothing seems to be mentioned.

Cheryl Wester
05-11-2011, 08:32 AM
It is always best to use the latest version as it has improvements and more converting options. To do this all you need to do is uninstall both AV and the Converter. Reboot your computer. Then download the latest version from our site. Based on the version you have it is a free update so download the demo and it won't even ask for your code as it is already in your registry.

rickd24
09-26-2011, 07:51 AM
If I uninstall the program, will my settings be uninstalled too? Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
09-26-2011, 04:55 PM
They shouldn't be but you can always make a backup of your schedule8.dat file if you wish before hand.

CharlieSummers
09-27-2011, 04:24 AM
They shouldn't be but you can always make a backup of your schedule8.dat file if you wish before hand.

It is always a good idea to back up the schedule8.dat file any time you make major changes...I've had the file blow up after a system crash and had to reconstruct it. Since then, any time I make any changes to the schedule or to Replay A/V, I make a copy just to be sure. And it's small, so I keep all the copies.

rickd24
09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Where do I find the schedule8.dat file? I looked in my C:\Program Files\Replay AV 8 folder but didn't see it there. The only .dat file I found there was uninstallRAV8.dat. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Each system is different. To find it go to AV and select Tools-open log viewer. The location will be listed there.