PDA

View Full Version : Replay Video Capture error: Cannot install file writer filter

pantaydaya
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
In fact mine says 'Cannot install file writer filter' What can I do??

Jeff Lenney
05-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Regarding the screen capture error - It's POSSIBLE that this could be related to direct x..

However, please make sure you have the latest version of DirectX that your video card will support and if that DOESN'T fix it, then there's really nothing else we can cdo and this is what Microsoft would call a "fatal error", unfortunately.

Let me know the results please, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Jeff Lenney
05-02-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm checking with our programmer on this one now - will follow up once i hear back :)

pantaydaya
05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm checking with our programmer on this one now - will follow up once i hear back :)

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it as Im soooooo frustrated as I've never had a a problem before that was not fixable after a reinstallation etc.

Jeff Lenney
05-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Hey there, i heard from our programmer and here's what he said:

The File Writer error is generated when RVC can't open a file to record. Reasons - the recording folder is not accessible or not setup, non-English characters in the file name or folder, file name has characters not accepted by Windows, the recording folder does not have the PC format (for example C:\) , it may be located in a network.

Ask the user to use a different recording folder (Desktop for a test) and verify that this folder is saved in the file Settings.ini located in Replay Video installation folder. Also, leave the file name blank (let Replay Video automatically choose a name).

To setup the recording folder click Setting / Set Output Folder

pantaydaya
05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Jeff...I un installed and reinstalled and let the install dictate where to put stuff and so far it has solved the problem. I have always previously made a folder on a partition for safety and it has always worked ok so I am still confused as to why all of a sudden it didn't like it?? Anyway I hope it continues to function Thank you :-)

Jeff Lenney
05-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Pantayadaya, exactly - Let the program decide where to install, where to record and how to name the recorded files. Some times people name their partitions in different ways using names that are not supported. Thanks :)