PDA

View Full Version : Not sure which program to use... but I need to resize a video

Liliana Mercado
05-03-2011, 01:07 AM
I just ordered the suite and I'm not sure how to resize a "widescreen" video from youtube. Unfortunately, some people have the idiocy to covert a tv screen video into widescreen which instead of making it better to watch, it rather distorts the image. I always wondered why people do that at all. Anyway, can somebody help me which program in the suite can help with that? :confused:

Thanks for reading!

Cheryl Wester
05-03-2011, 05:51 AM
You will use Replay converter. Load your file. At the bottom where you select the format select the icon to edit the file. You will be able to change the dimensions in that location.

Liliana Mercado
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Sorry I attempted this in a lot of different formats. I am not given a wide selection (and selecting custom gives me an error message rather than allowing me to enter values), all of the options use constrained proportions. This just wont do, my cartoons still look stretched. Please help me out on how to do this. Replay Media Splitter is the video editor and I was thinking it would help me to do that. I wish Replay Converter was a bit more versatile than it is.

Cheryl Wester
05-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Please contact tech support regarding this issue. A log file and additional details weill be needed.

Liliana Mercado
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
There's a workaround for this and I've been able to do it effectively. VLC has an aspect ratio option (lots of options)! Play on VLC and use Replay Video Capture to record. I know it sounds threatening to those who worry about losing quality, but as long as your PC is fast enough (mine is 2.2Ghz and still works well) it should be all right. Just make sure you don't have any other programs running (specially internet browsers). VLC also has an option to increase volume, so I suggest you raise/lower it to whatever desired level you need.

Jeff Lenney
04-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks Liliana :)