PDA

View Full Version : VLC player seems to outrun the download: help with settings

crashdawg
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
hello, i have a question on replay media catcher.while recording live feeds, it seems as if i need to change a buffer rate? i watch the feeds with vlc player, and it seems the player is out running the download,or recording. replay keeps recording but my video i am watching stops and i have to start watching it over, almost like i need to change a buffer speed? any help aptetiated~~CRASH

stream-recorder.com
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Do you have the same problem with Applian FLV Player?

crashdawg
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM

not sure,i will see if i have it and try it.Thanks~~CRASH

walker428
04-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Keep me upated on this. I was running into a similar issue, havent had time to further research it yet though. In my situation I am using VLC to stream jtv live feed to my roku box so i can watch it on the tv, It takes a while but VLC is transcoding the file from FLV to mp4 and will eventually catch up to the end of the file and stop transcoding which ends the playback. This usually takes about 45 minutes on my single core 1.8ghz athalon 64 cpu; when I buffer the video by about 5 minutes. Are you thinkinking there may be a parameter to slow down VLC some?

crashdawg
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
tried flv and same results. i have temperaily started using my laptop,while descktop is in repair. maybe laptop proccesor to slow?

walker428
04-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Now that I think about it more. It is probably related to your download speeds, especially since it is duplicated in FLV. You may want to see what speeds that laptop is able to download at.