PDA

View Full Version : Access AV8 via script

dpm
04-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Here's the problem: I want to record a BBC show unattended, but the URL changes every week. Now, I can write a script that scrapes the new URL off the main web site, but I need a way to update the URL in AV8 programmatically. Is that possible? If not, is there a way for AV8 to accommodate dynamic URLs?

Thanks,
dpm

Cheryl Wester
04-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm afraid the program doesn't have that ability. Thanks.

dpm
04-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Is it possible to request this as a new feature? Without it unattended recording of certain websites is almost impossible.

Thanks,
dpm

alanell1
04-24-2011, 08:49 AM
As you say the URLs are dynamic but presumably those for the Listen Live facility in BBC iPlayer are not. For example if what you intended doing was recording "Russia - The Wild East" on BBC Radio 4 from 0345 to 0400 pm Monday to Friday next week could you not just copy the url from your browser's address bar at any time you were listening to Radio 4 live thus -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_fourfm/listenlive

subsequently paste it the Edit Properties box for "Russia - The Wild East", specify capture by recording streams, schedule recording to begin on 25/04/2011 at 03:444:30 (say) and stop at 04:00.30 setting the process to repeat weekdays.

A bit fiddly perhaps when a few lines of code might in theory accomplish the same thing but it might serve pro tem. An element of kite-flying on my part I have to admit and Applian's tekkies may well shoot me down but I have set my machine up to hopefully do precisely as outlined above next week while I am out earning a crust.

alan091142