PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting captured video to display on my BluRay DVD player

spelmak
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I successfully have recorded music videos on U-Tube, converted them to MPEG-1's and burned them onto disks as data, then viewed them. That seems to work. But trying to get an episode of Glee from Hulu has been a problem. This is what I have done (tell me what I've done wrong):
1. Recorded the episode with Replay Video Capture in MPEG-2.
2. Converted it to WMV so it would be recognized by Replay Media Splitter.
3. Edited out unwanted commercials and saved it.
4. Burned the file to a CD data disk. The file plays audio and video fine on my computer but won't show video on my Blue Ray player. It treats the file as a WMA.

Cheryl Wester
04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
That is because it is a wmv file that you converted to. Your player probably uses a different format so you will need to convert it to that format.

stream-recorder.com
04-18-2011, 04:32 AM
1. Recorded the episode with Replay Video Capture in MPEG-2.
2. Converted it to WMV so it would be recognized by Replay Media Splitter.
Why don't you record into WMV directly?

spelmak
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
According to my user's manual, my BluRay player plays WMV. Too bad that the Replay Video Splitter can't simply process an MPG-2 file. I'm trying to convert the WMV file to MPG-1 and see if that will play, although I notice a definate degradion of quality once I've converted from MPG-2 to WMV then back to MPG-1.

stream-recorder.com
04-18-2011, 10:21 PM
According to my user's manual, my BluRay player plays WMV. Too bad that the Replay Video Splitter can't simply process an MPG-2 file. I'm trying to convert the WMV file to MPG-1 and see if that will play, although I notice a definate degradion of quality once I've converted from MPG-2 to WMV then back to MPG-1.
I recommend you to suggest new features in the following forum:
https://forum.applian.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Request-New-Features