PDA

View Full Version : (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

kev333d
02-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with XM or Sirius loggin in today, mine just stopped working, I leave it on 24 hours a day.

It records some shows for later playback, and now today, I get the error

error: unable to connect to login site|

Anyone else having this issue, I call XM, my name and password are correct, so went to the xm website to test my login info there, it worked fine.

I also noticed that the website for XM and Sirius has changed to Siriusxm.com, does this make a difference.

Cheryl Wester
02-04-2011, 12:03 PM
We are aware of this issue and looking into it. When we have an update I will post it on this forum. Thanks.

CharlieSummers
02-04-2011, 04:56 PM
However, the new login page is built in Flex, a Flash based framework.

Yes, but as I mentioned in a previous post, the old login is still available. (At least I entered the Sirius version of the HTML-based login earlier today.)

Anyone know if other applications are having the same issues? Have any of the others released updates for the changes?

DaCoach
02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Charlie, that old Sirius Player link will still work because it is being forwarded to the new SiriusXM.com domain and login page. You are not really going to Sirius.com anymore when you use that link because when Sirius.com server recieves that request it automatically sends you to SiriusXM.com

CharlieSummers
02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Charlie, that old Sirius Player link will still work because it is being forwarded to the new SiriusXM.com domain

Um, with due respect, no, I'm not being redirected anywhere; I have an HTML page from sirius.com with no redirect. It does obviously get the stream from http://a570.l2280061149.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net/bla-bla-bla, but the page I am receiving is coming directly from sirius.com. (Because I am currently recording the system sound with [a non-Applian application] on the XMPR chanell channel, some of the javascript variables are actually pointing to xmradio.com, not sirius.com, as in:

var appContext = '/player';
var appHostUrlXM='http://www.xmradio.com';
var secureHostURLXM='https://www.xmradio.com';

I'll be more than happy to provide you with the source of the page once I remove personal data. I am accepting javascript from sirius.com, and am not accepting javascript from akamaistream.net (or any google machine, but that's a given around here). This probably explains why I don't have a volume control on the player, when the code is clearly asking for /mp/sirius/scripts/volume.js (although I would have assumed that was on the sirius.com server based on the relative URI). I can't log-out, either, not without dumping all the sirius.com cookies and reloading the page. Also just checked, no siriusxm.com cookies, although I can't remember if I'm blocking them.

This is exactly the same page I've always received when testing; no new whiz-bang flash stuff, just stock HTML/javascript, excluding the player itself. (*sigh*) But I suppose I'll need to post an URL Snooper trace to prove it...or, I could (indeed did) just stick siriusxm.com and www.siriusxm.com in my hosts file pointing to localhost...will that suffice?

cjlemke10
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
With respect to the login issue the siriusxmstreamer at

http://www.permanence.com/sirius/

has found a solution

Jeff Lenney
02-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Folks

We've got an update on the RECORDING issue some of you have been having with Sirius/Xm.

Our programmer confirmed it is RTMPE (encrypted - and illegal to STREAM record). Actually, they are using every trick in the book to encrypt these streams: RTMPE, SWF Verification and https. It's quite a piece of work.

Our programmer is almost done with a tuner program that will allow us to use audio recording on Sirius/XM.

More soon...

mr pink
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Just realized I can record audio steam of sirius/xm online using replay media catcher's audio recorder...(recording what you hear through your speakers)...the sound is fantastic. Still miss my REPLAY AV with timers but this works for now. As I stated before when Applian fixes the problem with REPLAY AV Sirius/XM will sound great...their online sound is 100% better.

Paint
02-06-2011, 05:57 AM
I have the same problem but wondered is there a way to sign in and record from the speakers on the sound card?

I am a bit tired of Sirisu / Xm after their merger and now no competition they seem pretty smug... if this can't be fixed I am dumping them, their programing is now all talking through music and just like free stations.... I went throught this issue last fall and it makes me very mad.

kev333d
02-06-2011, 06:50 AM
The question is out here.. and I would like to know if it is still going to be possible to schedule a recording of sirius or xm?
Being able to record for later playback is not illegal, is it?
Being able to record more than 4 hours is also a must, unattended I might add.

This software is great for people that actually work and have a life, being able to schedule a recording to take place and actually record it for over 4 hours at a time is the most important thing about this software.

I dont know what most of you do with this software, but I record howard stern so I can listen to it later........ satellites, Internet, or cell phone signals are not an option. Not even howard TV.

I convert it to mp3, its dated, and I listen about a day after the live shows.

Applian, I beg of you, I know there is no problem in recording from the audio out of my PC, but please make it work so that a SiriusXM channel can be recorded for long periods of time. PLEASE.

kev333d
02-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Just another thought on the whole legal or illegal thing......

My DVR from my cable company can do what your software does for my Satellite/Internet/Smart Phone Radio listening needs..... They are both subscription based companies(my cable and sirius), basically if you can hear the stream, you are a paying customer, does it matter? Are we doing something wrong?

jtschinkel
02-06-2011, 07:07 AM
After all we are still listening to the commercials/Ads and thats what keeps the broadcasters in business.

Flat_Timmy
02-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I don’t think it’s illegal to record from Sirius. As long as the recordings are for your personal use, it’s legal. But when you sign up for the service I think you have to agree to abide by their rules, which include a provision that prohibits you from recording content. The only exception is recording using approved equipment like a Stiletto or S50. Those devices record in a proprietary format that Windows does not recognize. So you can’t import the files into your computer and put them on an iPod. Although I think software exists that gets around this. If I understand what the Applian people are saying, Sirius has changed the way they stream. The streams are now encrypted and it is illegal to sell software that de-crypts the stream. So the fixed software will record from the speakers.

mr pink
02-06-2011, 08:37 AM
I have three mp3 players with in-line recording that I can jack into my XM radio,computer, squeezebox, cell phone etc, and record all I want. Sirius/XM can't stop that.....What made Replay Av8 nice was to record mulitple channels at once with the timers (that I will miss). PLUS SIDE: I just recorded XM for three hours off their stream using REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER and it sounds fantastic. * C.CRANE WITNESS SELLS A
MP3 PLAYER (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F51GU2/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=streamingme01-20) THAT RECORDS VIA IN-LINE AND HAS A TIMER. You could jack it into your
computer (keeping the Sirius/XM online site open) and it would set to record at a given time.

Flat_Timmy
02-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I have a Crane (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F51GU2/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=streamingme01-20) and its predecessor, Radio Your Way. They work well. Sirius can't stop us from recording, but we're not supposed to do it. The only problem with the mp3 recorders is that when you hook them up to the satellite radios, you still get all the dropouts the radios get. That's what drove me to Applian in the first place. I have three Sirius radios and when the weather is bad all three of them experience interruptions. I hope the new version of Replay will retain most of the nice features of the Sirius stream recorder (timers, automatic logins, ability to record for extended periods, etc.).

edadks
02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
PLUS SIDE: I just recorded XM for three hours off their stream using REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER and it sounds fantastic.

How are you doing that? If I use the latest Media Catcher to try to record siruisxm, Media Catcher notices the signal but then immediately says "Complete with Errors" two times each time I try to record.

thanks,

Ed

Brooklyn
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Guy's, log into you XMSirus account & click -n- drag the url (https://www.siriusxm.com/player/) to your replaya/v 8
Right click on the "new station" & select "Properties"
Make sure you select "Capture by recording audio output" in the edit show properties dialog box.
Once you have adjusted your settings, select "Tune to Station"
The Reply Tuner window will direct you to the login screen
Just fill out the login fields with you username & password & ReplayA/V will connect

That's the best we can do for now until there is an upgrade

CharlieSummers
02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I don’t think it’s illegal to record from Sirius.

Ignoring that it is a violation of your Terms of Service (and so a violation of civil contract law) to record Sirius, that isn't what Jeff meant when he said, "illegal to STREAM record."

It is illegal (that is, a violation of law punishable by criminal penalties, specifically the Digital Millenium Copyright Act) for Applian to write and provide software that will perform unauthorized decryption of an encrypted audio or video stream. My guess is that the programmers there are capable of it, but are constrained by the legal department from making this software available. Please read their legal faq (http://www.applian.com/legal.php) for their position on this. (And perform a web search for "Applian and Adobe" to get an overview on the last time an Applian application decrypted a secure RTMP stream.)

IMNAL, so I strongly urge you to pay an attorney versed in this area of the law for a definitive opinion, but you can't fault Applian for trying to work around the issue by recording the already-decrypted analog instead of decrypting the stream. I don't like it any more than you do (probably a good bit less, since there are already alternate sources for HooHoo's channel but not for the less juvenile original programming), but there it is. We're stuck with what Applian can do given their legal restraints, unless someone here is able and willing to intentionally violate the DMCA by writing their own stream decrypter.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the congresscritters who are in the pockets of big media and passed such a consumer-unfriendly law.

MyRosie
02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Guy's, log into you XMSirus account & click -n- drag the url (https://www.siriusxm.com/player/) to your replaya/v 8
Right click on the "new station" & select "Properties"
Make sure you select "Capture by recording audio output" in the edit show properties dialog box.
Once you have adjusted your settings, select "Tune to Station"
The Reply Tuner window will direct you to the login screen
Just fill out the login fields with you username & password & ReplayA/V will connect

That's the best we can do for now until there is an upgrade

I did this and I still got the couldn't parse error. I used the url of the sirius player that was playing the station I wanted. when I tried to click "tune to station" i got the parse error. Can you help me?

Brooklyn
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Click -n- drag the url to Replay A/V
Log out of your XMSirus account
Open the "Properties" dialog box
Click "Basic" tab & select "Mp3" in "Record to this Format" text box
Click "Recording" tab & select "Capture by recording audio output (Speakers, Mic, Line in)
Select "General Streaming Audio" in the "Type" text box
Select "OK" & return to Replay A/V dialog box
Right click on your show & select "Tune to Station"
The Replay Tuner should open & you should see your login screen
Log on
Right click when you hear sound on your show & select "Stop Record/Download

This works fine for me

Good Luck

Paint
02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Can you give us the law the congress creatures passed or the FCC or what? That would be interesting too. Thanks

Ignoring that it is a violation of your Terms of Service (and so a violation of civil contract law) to record Sirius, that isn't what Jeff meant when he said, "illegal to STREAM record."

It is illegal (that is, a violation of law punishable by criminal penalties, specifically the Digital Millenium Copyright Act) for Applian to write and provide software that will perform unauthorized decryption of an encrypted audio or video stream. My guess is that the programmers there are capable of it, but are constrained by the legal department from making this software available. Please read their legal faq (http://www.applian.com/legal.php) for their position on this. (And perform a web search for "Applian and Adobe" to get an overview on the last time an Applian application decrypted a secure RTMP stream.)

IMNAL, so I strongly urge you to pay an attorney versed in this area of the law for a definitive opinion, but you can't fault Applian for trying to work around the issue by recording the already-decrypted analog instead of decrypting the stream. I don't like it any more than you do (probably a good bit less, since there are already alternate sources for HooHoo's channel but not for the less juvenile original programming), but there it is. We're stuck with what Applian can do given their legal restraints, unless someone here is able and willing to intentionally violate the DMCA by writing their own stream decrypter.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the congresscritters who are in the pockets of big media and passed such a consumer-unfriendly law.

CharlieSummers
02-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Can you give us the law the congress creatures passed or the FCC or what? That would be interesting too. Thanks

I did. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act, passed and signed in 1998.

MyRosie
02-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Click "Recording" tab & select "Capture by recording audio output (Speakers, Mic, Line in)
Log on

This works fine for me

Good Luck

Unexpected error on the server.
[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]

It worked but when the replay tuner box brought up sirius log in it gave me that error and it won't let me log onto the sirius player.

tomkle
02-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I must be missing something with the instructions here. Where do you drag the url to? Do I click on the "Open Recording Wizard" first? What do I select from there? Can you give us a step by step guide? Thanks.

MyRosie
02-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
Log on

This works fine for me

Good Luck

Unexpected error on the server.
[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]

It worked but when the replay tuner box brought up sirius log in it gave me that error and it won't let me log onto the sirius player.

Can someone help me?

btprice2001
02-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Does anyone know how smartphone apps access the online streams? I have the iPhone app and it hasn't been updated. Maybe the way they access the streams can be of use...

Flat_Timmy
02-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if the new Sirius player times out after an hour if it's left unnattended? I've been making it a point to pause and restart the player at every commercial break. But I can't do that at work.

MyRosie
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Does anyone know if the new Sirius player times out after an hour if it's left unnattended? I've been making it a point to pause and restart the player at every commercial break. But I can't do that at work.

Yes after 1 hour and 30 minutes it asks you if you are still listening and you have to click yes to keep it running.

refmon
02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes after 1 hour and 30 minutes it asks you if you are still listening and you have to click yes to keep it running.

I have been using the application from xmtuner.net (which was fixed Saturday) - it has been running for 24+ hours with no need to log back in - the application can be set up as a server and you can point Windows Media Player at it and listen away - you can also use it as a stand alone player (but I haven't tested that to see if it times out). I also use it in conjunction with ORB to stream to my blackberry (not a big fan of the XM blackberry app).

I paid for replayAV just so I could record a couple favorite shows off XM when my old solution to record the streams stopped working last year - the solution listed so far in this thread can be done using any app so I am really hopeful that we get a 'real' fix soon!

edadks
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Well, still no solution and as I miss shows that would have recorded, I need to find another source.

Does anyone know if either siriusxmstreamer or xmtuner.net or any other app support time shifted recording without having to login manually?

DaCoach
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Just realized I can record audio steam of sirius/xm online using replay media catcher's audio recorder...(recording what you hear through your speakers)...the sound is fantastic. Still miss my REPLAY AV with timers but this works for now. As I stated before when Applian fixes the problem with REPLAY AV Sirius/XM will sound great...their online sound is 100% better.

I had done this as well, and exactly one hour into doing it, the stream dropped and I could not get RePlayAV to record from sound card . . . which I thought was bizarre. Perhaps an anomaly on this end, but I think Applian's temp solution to this using the 3rd Party XMTuner is a good one.

DaCoach
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Setup xmtuner to automtically log in. the program itself runs as a service and functions as a server. Follow Applian's instructions for tuning to the station you want to record, copy the URL from xmtuner, and manually enter a scheduled program into ReplayAV. So long as your computer remains on (like mine) that xmtuner sirius URL should work fine for scheduled recording on Replay AV. It has been working a charm for me today. I am currently recording two simultaneous shows. I have not yet listened to the results, but if there is a problem I will update.

UPDATE: Yep, it's working great. I'm currently recording Howard and Mad Dog. Mad Dog's show I have set up so it records in 60 minute blocks. I just went and listened to the 2 PM hour (with the Howard 100 11-4PM recording running concurrently) and there is no audio mixing of the two stations (like you would get if you had to record from speakers or sound card). So XMTuner handles the logging in and credential issues and then feeds other devices unique URLs that can be recorded. Basically its acting like a LAN proxy server.

Brooklyn
02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Thank You DaCoach!!!
This is working SWEET!!!!!!
After setting up my config's for XMTuner, I just run XMTuner Service control in the background, copy -n- paste the URL from XMTuner like you said to Reply A/V & let Replay A/V operate per schedule.

Thank You so much again DaCoach!!!!

edadks
02-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Many thanks, DaCoach, that's working for me too. I'm getting a few dropouts here and there but this should work fine until we get an update on ReplayAV.

CharlieSummers
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Setup xmtuner to automtically log in. the program itself runs as a service and functions as a server.
<snip>

I add my thanks...that's kinda awesome. What I don't understand is how it stream-records...I did a test to record stream and convert to nothing, and I get a 128kbps (WMP naturally reports a 127kbps) ASF file out the back end.

But, frankly, I do not care how, I'm back time-shifting The Bob Edwards Show! Your advice almost makes up for my XM radio being stolen out of the car overnight last night!

Cheryl Wester
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
We have this for you as a viable solution. We are also still working on this issue: http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/xm_tuner.php

CharlieSummers
02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
We have this for you as a viable solution. We are also still working on this issue: http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/xm_tuner.php

There's actually, believe it or not, an even simpler way to get the URI than the URL Builder; just open the web page (defaults to http://localhost:19081/ ), right-click the "Play!" link on the right side of whatever channel you want, and "Copy URL" or "Copy Link Location" or whatever your browser selects. Paste into a new show, set the time, and done.

I haven't even opened the XMTuner application; I opened the Service Control application, configured and started the service, added the URI to Replay A/V, and done. Been running 2:50 of a three-hour recording session without a hint of problem.

Cheryl Wester
02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
When I select your link I get a page not found. Do you have another link so we can test this. Thanks.

Crazz
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
There's actually, believe it or not, an even simpler way to get the URI than the URL Builder; just open the web page (defaults to http://localhost:19081/ ), right-click the "Play!" link on the right side of whatever channel you want, and "Copy URL" or "Copy Link Location" or whatever your browser selects. Paste into a new show, set the time, and done.

I haven't even opened the XMTuner application; I opened the Service Control application, configured and started the service, added the URI to Replay A/V, and done. Been running 2:50 of a three-hour recording session without a hint of problem.

Please, please explain with more detail. "Just open the web page" What web page? Please explain step by step. What the hell is a URI? Do I open the Service Control application BEFORE opening 'the web page.' Huh?

Crazz
02-07-2011, 09:28 PM
2.Click Start in XM Tuner.
3.Choose a channel, then make a URL in the URL builder.
4.Click Copy to place this URL on the clipboard.
5.Open Replay AV, then click Shows, Add Show Manually from the top menu.
6.Paste the URL into the URL field.
7.Name the show, and set up the recording schedule.

Do I set up as 'Capture by downloading stream?'

Crazz
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
When I select your link I get a page not found. Do you have another link so we can test this. Thanks.

Can I set a schedule as before? If I turn my computer off and turn back on, do I need to log back in or will it occur automatically as before? Does the URL change from day to day? Will this log out after an hour or so like another solution mentioned?

CharlieSummers
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM

Um...localhost is your own machine (127.0.0.1)...that link would only work if you had the XMTuner service running on your own machine. (Also, if you're running Firefox with the NoScript plugin, you'll get an ABE filter error clicking on it.)

That is, assuming you left the default port alone, run the XMTuner service after configuring with valid XM or Sirius credentials, then connect to that service's webpage. On that page are all the channels, with a "Play! link to the far right. But that page can only display if you have the server or the service running.

DaCoach
02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank You DaCoach!!!
This is working SWEET!!!!!!
After setting up my config's for XMTuner, I just run XMTuner Service control in the background, copy -n- paste the URL from XMTuner like you said to Reply A/V & let Replay A/V operate per schedule.

Thank You so much again DaCoach!!!!

I wish I could take credit, but but it was Applian who posted the info about XMTuner.

Either way, I am glad it is working for you guys! Never realized how much I love the functionality of this program until Sirus changed the login (again). :-)

CharlieSummers
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Can I set a schedule as before? If I turn my computer off and turn back on, do I need to log back in or will it occur automatically as before? Does the URL change from day to day? Will this log out after an hour or so like another solution mentioned?

Wow. Take a deep breath. Exhale. There. Feel better?

Yes, you can set a schedule, but not as before (you don't set Replay A/V to record Sirius, you set it to record the output of XMTuner). No, you don't log back in, the XM Tuner service does it for you (this is really not the place to get support for that; read the pages at the link to the XM Tuner so you understand what it does). The URI doesn't change, since you don't directly interface with SiriusXM (again, read the pages that describe what XMTuner actually is). Since I mentioned earlier that I had, at the time of posting, recorded 2:50 of a three hour recording, it seems silly to ask if it will log you out in an hour.

Why don't you spend three or four minutes following the directions Cheryl posted; download, install and configure the app, set a recording, and just try it?

Seriously, a little light reading so you understand what XMTuner is will save you much frustration, and answer many of your questions as a bonus.

refmon
02-07-2011, 10:33 PM
As I said several pages back, I've used XMTuner since it was created (back when xamp stopped working for the last time), I have set it up as coach suggested (normally I use it to get my xm stream to ORB so I can listen on my blackberry) and I am sure it will work fine tomorrow when my shows come on to be recorded.

The one thing to keep in mind is that, at least for me, the xmtuner server occasionally loses its connection to xm/sirius. It isn't a 'time out' thing - it can run fine for me for a week - and then I'll notice I can't connect (using my blackberry) and when I check the machine the service is running on the log reports that the connection to the xm/sirius has been lost and I have to stop and restart the service.

So if the recordings are important to you - I would suggest you check the xmtuner service at least once a day to make sure your connection is still working correctly. Maximize the xmtuner window, click on the 'service log' tab and scroll down to make sure you don't have an error at the end.

DaCoach
02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I add my thanks...that's kinda awesome. What I don't understand is how it stream-records...I did a test to record stream and convert to nothing, and I get a 128kbps (WMP naturally reports a 127kbps) ASF file out the back end.

But, frankly, I do not care how, I'm back time-shifting The Bob Edwards Show! Your advice almost makes up for my XM radio being stolen out of the car overnight last night!

Can't steal the credit, Applian came up with this temp work around. I just repeated it here in the forums along with my experience of getting it to work.

As for how it works - in layman's terms, XMtuner serves as the middle man. XMTuner is a freeware project and they posted their SiriusXM login fix on Saturday. One of the functions that XMTuner provides is to authenticate your login and act as a local 'server' to provide fresh unencrypted URLs to devices on your LAN. The device might be another computer or an Internet radio . . . or in this case, ReplayAV.

So there is SiriusXM serving their content --> you connect to SiriusXM by logging in using XMTuner --> XMTuner acting as a LAN server then creates a new URL for the Sirius or XM channel you are interested iin listening to or recording --> you copy that new URL and paste it into "Shows - Add Show Manually" - then configure the Schedule Tab.

I do not see XMTuner running as a service on my computer (Win7). So if your computer reboots it likely won't automatically restart the XMTuner server. You can however Copy the program icon to the Startup folder on your Start menu. It's a small program so it shouldn't cause any noticeable slow down during boots. I'm not yet sure if the URL's that XMTuner feeds to your LAN will change after reboot.

I'm sure Applian will have a more permanent update at some point, but for now this is working just fine for me.

Crazz
02-07-2011, 10:50 PM
"I do not see XMTuner running as a service on my computer (Win7). So if your computer reboots it likely won't automatically restart the XMTuner server. You can however Copy the program icon to the Startup folder on your Start menu. It's a small program so it shouldn't cause any noticeable slow down. I'm not yet sure if the URL's that XMTuner feeds to your LAN will change after reboot."

That's helpful. Thank you.

DaCoach
02-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Please, please explain with more detail. "Just open the web page" What web page? Please explain step by step. What the hell is a URI? Do I open the Service Control application BEFORE opening 'the web page.' Huh?

I wasn't sure what Charlie was referring to at first either, but now I know what he was saying.

When you first launch XMTuner, you need to add your login credentials. Also make sure Default to High Bandwidth Stream and Auto Login are checked. On the UI Tab, be sure that "Show URL Builder" is selected (more on that in a moment). Save Configuration. Once the XMTuner Program is logged in, it should default to the Log Tab. In the bottom right hand corner you will see a link in blue writing "Server is Running". If you click on that it brings up a web page with the channel listing and whats currently on. Thats what Charlie was originally referring to.

But to me its far easier to click on the Channels Tab, scroll to the Station you desire and left click on it once. You will notice that a URL has now populated the text box next to the "Copy" button. Simply click on "Copy" and that's the URL for that station that you will paste in ReplayAV "Shows - Configure Show Manually" to set up your scheduled recording. (Note: to get the right URL from XMTuner for your recording, make sure the drop-down boxes to the left of the URL text box have Channel/HTTP/High selected respectively)

DaCoach
02-07-2011, 11:22 PM
"I do not see XMTuner running as a service on my computer (Win7). So if your computer reboots it likely won't automatically restart the XMTuner server. You can however Copy the program icon to the Startup folder on your Start menu. It's a small program so it shouldn't cause any noticeable slow down. I'm not yet sure if the URL's that XMTuner feeds to your LAN will change after reboot."

That's helpful. Thank you.

Not to inject confusion, but for the more adventurous - XMTuner CAN be run as a service. In the XM Tuner program folder there is a small program that helps set up and start XMTuner as a service, HOWEVER - I just attempted to do so and I was unsuccessful in getting a streaming feed to record from. So for now, just stay with what works. Run XMTuner as a regular program (by either starting it manually or adding the icon to your startup for folder). Use the URL builder to copy the URL of the Sirius or XM Channel you want to record and you know the rest!

geobrick
02-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Using XMTuner is a great workaround until a fix is made. It seems complicated from reading this thread but it's pretty easy. I just ran a 10 minute test. XMTuner logs you in to sirius or XM and provides a channel guide. Select the channel from the the channel tab and copy the url provided by xmtuner. Use the copied url in Replay AV8 when adding a manual recording.

I'll leave XMTuner running, add it to the start menu or make it a scheduled event. Should work fine for now but I look forward to the Replay AV8 fix.

Jaybe
02-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Hello. I just completed a 3 hour Sirius radio automated recording test-run based upon the instructions provided in this forum using the XMTuner application running as a regular program and not as a service. I am quite impressed and pleased that this work-around seems to function as well as it does, providing me with an ASF file that I was able to convert. The resulting converted MP3 seems to be pristine and sounds wonderful. Kudos to all involved in making this work-around available to this forum: Applian Technologies, the people who created XMTuner, and you forum participants. Thank you. I deeply appreciate it.

I do want to report that the XMTuner log shows that at the 2 hour 17 minute mark the Sirius connection timed-out and had to reconnect. The entire reconnection process took only 7 seconds. I assumed that this reconnection process would leave an audible gap in the resulting ASF file, but if it has I have not yet been able to find it. Even if I do, a 7 second gap is quite preferable to a 4 hour or more gap in Sirius radio programming that I would have had to endure.

Since this time-out happened way past the usual 1 hour 30 minute mark, the reason for it might just be network traffic or some other minor glitch. But if there is a way to avoid a time-out via some configuration parameter that I have not yet found, may I encourage you to please post that information here in this forum.

Thank you, again.

hkuerner
02-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks DaCoach - your xmtuner suggestion works like a champ. :-)

tigercat74
02-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Working great for me also.

kalon74
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
My recording completed as expected this morning using xmtuner.

CharlieSummers
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
I need simple quick answers

If you are to lazy to do a little homework, don't be surprised if some of us will call you on it, and go so far as to suggest you want everything spoon-fed to you.

Don't worry...I'll just ignore your questions in future.

As for how it works - in layman's terms, XMtuner serves as the middle man.

Yes, I am aware of that. That wasn't my question, although I realize how you could have misunderstood my lack of precise language; I was instead asking how it can provide a decrypted ASF stream - this app should have the same legal constraints Applian has regarding the DMCA, and so should only be able to provide a re-encoding based on the authorized decryption routines in the flash player, and if it is a re-encoding, it most likely wouldn't re-encode as ASF. My musing wasn't meant to be technical, but was rather wondering aloud about the legal status of the XM Tuner application.

I wasn't sure what Charlie was referring to at first either, but now I know what he was saying.

Not really, I'm afraid, you don't. I never launched XM Tuner. Still haven't, after two separate three-hour recording sessions. Read that again...I haven't seen the XM Tuner application, other than in screen dumps on web pages. I only launched the XM Tuner Server Control, and did everything through it. It provides the localhost URI for the streams, which is literally all you need, and has its own configuration routine so you don't even need to edit the config files directly. Heck, to get back to Replay A/V for a moment, you can drag that "Play!" link directly into the "New Show" URL field...you can't possibly suggest screwing around with build-a-url is easier than that!

And there's the added advantage that you can get to that web page from any machine on your internal network, assuming you've opened port 19081 for both TCP and UDP in your firewall, replacing "localhost" with the internal IP address of the machine. My internal network is 192.168.123.* (Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone used 192.168.1.*, but my first router many years ago used the former, and I got used to it), and the XP machine running the service is at IP 20, so http://192.168.123.20:19081/ gives me the page on any machine on my local network (and won't work outside it, so don't bother copy/pasting). My wife could easily listen to Doctor Radio from her laptop in the living room simply by connecting to http://192.168.123.20:19081/streams/114/high while I listen to Bob Edwards on my desk machine at http://192.168.123.20:19081/streams/196/high and my daughter could listen to http://192.168.123.20:19081/streams/60/high on her netbook (but with earphones, since I hate country music! ;) Don't need anything else, assuming a Windows machine or device that can play ASF streams.

(FWIW, after the first restart I made the service wasn't running; I went into Administrative Tools:Services and verified the service was set to "Automatic" instead of "Manual," then started the service and restarted the computer. At second reboot, the service automatically started.)

Since I don't want to listen through the player, there's no reason to launch it and accept the overhead it entails. When used in conjunction with Replay A/V, it's unnecessary. Just start the service instead (under Windows7, you probably need to start it as administrator, dunno since I use an old XP machine for audio/video recordings and downloads).

So for now, just stay with what works.

Um, I can't explain why you are having problems - perhaps you might want to check the XM Tuner forum for help with Win7. I had none at all, so "what works" is running the service only, then using Replay A/V to retrieve streams from that. Because you seem to be having difficulty with your specific setup doesn't necessarily imply it is the only, or even best, solution.

geobrick
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
.... I am quite impressed and pleased that this work-around seems to function as well as it does, providing me with an ASF file that I was able to convert. The resulting converted MP3 seems to be pristine and sounds wonderful.....

Thank you, again.

If you're playback method (mp3 player etc) allows the use of wma files, you won't need to convert the file (which in most cases requires a lossy recompression). You can simply rename the file from *.asf to *.wma. The resulting wma file works great in my sansa clip and in WMP but for some reason, it doesn't work in my archos5 player. Try it. You'll be able to use the original stream without recompressing it.

wpicha
02-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted on this topic. I installed xmtuner, set it up, and was back in business in about 10 minutes. As mentioned above, just install the service and set it to start automatically rather than manually.
Excellent work around!

Scott Wood
02-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I have been reading this thread with interest after my daily recording of Ron & Fez failed. I installed the xmtuner last night and gave it a try this morning without setting it up as a service. I just ran the app and left it running. My recording this morning failed. Just setup the service and will give it another shot tomorrow. Should have just done it last night but I was being lazy.

mr pink
02-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Great forum and some wonderful suggestions. Xmtuner works like a charm...recorded a couple of channels and experienced no timeouts or clitches. APPRECIATE THE HELP!

CharlieSummers
02-09-2011, 07:02 AM
I was instead asking how it can provide a decrypted ASF stream - this app should have the same legal constraints Applian has regarding the DMCA, and so should only be able to provide a re-encoding based on the authorized decryption routines in the flash player, and if it is a re-encoding, it most likely wouldn't re-encode as ASF. My musing wasn't meant to be technical, but was rather wondering aloud about the legal status of the XM Tuner application.

I've done some research, and think I can answer my own question now. I was confused about two things; first, the "new" player is supposed to be using AAC encoded flash streams, not ASX streams. XM Tuner is providing unencrypted ASX streams, which doesn't make sense, since XM Tuner doesn't transcode internally (it depends on a uPnP server for that). So I set up a sniffer (URLSnooper2), and tried to open a stream (Sirius Channel 1) in VLC through the XM Tuner-supplied URI http://localhost:19081/streams/1/high and using a demo Sirius account. The reflected URI is:

http://a1803.l2280062940.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1803/22800/v0001/reflector:62940?aifp=abcd&partner=sirius_online_subscriber&stream=siriushits1&auth=db.a2d4bUd7cdc7aVcfcCccb8a5aLc0dldT-bnuPH0-8-vga-FuGRxszdcbo-ripcsam8jir2rfm3lTp8omq2q7tXnUt4r4o5sUm5k2ri&login_type=guest&[email protected]&campaign=default&bitrate=high&wmcache=0&mswmext=.asx

It's apparently an unencrypted ASX stream from akamaistream.net. This suggests XM Tuner is currently using the old streams, explaining how it manages to provide that ASF file, and implying this is a temporary workaround at best. If the programmers at Applian and/or PCFire (Chris Crews and Curtis M. Kularski, authors of XM Tuner) don't come up with a solution for the new streams, this will eventually stop working once they pull the plug on the old streams.

enfuego360
02-09-2011, 07:32 AM
very odd. yesterday the xmtuner worked perfectly with replayav. i rebooted last night. i tested replayav by tuning to the station. it worked. this moring i got up and my recording did not record. replayav couldnt connect to the stream from xmtuner. maybe it is my computer or some other glitch, but right now i cant connect to the sirius stream through replayav with xmtuner.

the good news is though, replayav came up with a solution for sirius users (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/index.php?version=8.82&log=D:\Replay%20AV\Replay%20AV%208.82\log-02-09-11.txt). it is working so far.

CharlieSummers
02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
the good news is though, replayav came up with a solution for sirius users (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/index.php?version=8.82&log=D:\Replay%20AV\Replay%20AV%208.82\log-02-09-11.txt). it is working so far.

Not a solution, just a workaround. They are using the old akamaistream.net streams, not the new encrypted ones (edgefcs.net?). The moment SiriusXM shuts down the old streams, both this workaround and XM Tuner's will cease to function.

virgoken
02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
I downloaded XM Tuner yesterday; however, I'm having trouble logging in. I have read the entire list of threads which have been posted in hopes of finding out what the problem might be. The first step in the directions asked that I "configure" the application. Clicking the "configure" button made a log in screen pop up. I entered my username and password ---- the ones I use to access info about my Sirius account; I've made sure "autologin" is checked; and that a check mark has been placed beside "show URL builder". When I click "save configure" I'm sent to the log in tab. I receive several error messages in the log in window:

Configuration Loaded
10:44:19 Please wait... logging in
10:44:19 Logging into XM Radio Online
10:44:20 Logged in as orozcomark
10:44:20 Loading channel lineup...
10:44:20 Downloading channel lineup...
10:44:20 Downloaded channel data had no stations. Verify your subscription is active.
10:44:20 Login failed: Unable to retrieve channel data.
10:44:20 Login attempts exhausted, giving up...

I phoned Sirius to double check that I had my username and password correct. I then checked to see if there might be any firewall issues related to XM Tuner which could be blocking the log in. Any clues as to what might be wrong?

Replay A/V Tech Support also listed a second "fix" for the problem: "replace SatelliteLogin.exe in Replay A/V program files folder to record Sirius only."

Has anyone had success with this? Where would I locate the "program files folder" and how would I go about doing the "replacement" which is suggested?

Thanks in advance for any help. Figuring this out has become the perfect project for the snowy day we're experiencing here in Dallas.

CharlieSummers
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I downloaded XM Tuner yesterday; however, I'm having trouble logging in.
<snip>
10:44:19 Please wait... logging in
10:44:19 Logging into XM Radio Online
10:44:20 Logged in as orozcomark
10:44:20 Loading channel lineup...
10:44:20 Downloading channel lineup...
10:44:20 Downloaded channel data had no stations. Verify your subscription is active.
10:44:20 Login failed: Unable to retrieve channel data.
10:44:20 Login attempts exhausted, giving up...

Hum. It says you were logged in, then says the channel data is empty. An incorrect password throws a different error in the log ("Login failed: Bad Username or Password"), so you apparently have everything set up correctly.

The config screen is the same in both the app and the service controller, so just for giggles make sure your stream is set to SIRIUS in the dropdown, as I was able to exactly duplicate your error by changing it to XM and trying to log-in with a Sirius demo account:

14:26:57 Please wait... logging in
14:26:57 Logging into XM Radio Online
14:26:59 Logged in as [email protected]
14:26:59 Loading channel lineup...
14:26:59 Downloading channel lineup...
14:27:00 Downloaded channel data had no stations. Verify your subscription is active.
14:27:00 Login failed: Unable to retrieve channel data.

While you're at it, make sure you downloaded 0.6.3 and not something earlier by mistake. Then I'd probably restart the computer and try again.

Replay A/V Tech Support also listed a second "fix" for the problem: "replace SatelliteLogin.exe in Replay A/V program files folder to record Sirius only."

Has anyone had success with this? Where would I locate the "program files folder" and how would I go about doing the "replacement" which is suggested?

Yes, limited success (that is, I did a test stream capture on a 7-day demo account, but didn't use it for anything serious yet). The "program files folder" is where you installed Replay A/V...that will change based on your computer OS, processor type, phases of the moon, and whether or not you accidentally hit a key, but figure C:\Program Files\Replay AV 8\ or something similar (like "Program Files (x86)" if you're running a 64-bit Windows).

Simplest way is to use Search in the Start Menu to look for SatelliteLogin.exe which should lead you right to the directory - FWIW, I renamed my old one to SatelliteLogin_old.exe instead of replacing it, but that isn't necessary. Just copy the new version into the same folder the old version lives in, and when Windows asks if you really want to replace the old file, tell it you do. It is apparently safe to do the replacement while Replay A/V is running, even recording, so long as it isn't trying to log-in at the time. D*mned clever of Applian to abstract the log-in so a change like this would be simple to implement.

Oh, and this goes for everyone, don't forget to back up your Schedule 8.dat file, in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data for XP, probably C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming on Win7 (not sure, though, never installed to the Win7 machines). Again, if you can't find it, search under Start menu.

edadks
02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I entered my username and password ---- the ones I use to access info about my Sirius account;

Your account login is not necessarily the same as your login for the online player. Check your login credentials using the the SiriusXM player to make sure you're using the right login details.

codgus
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Thank you Cheryl!!!! Wow guess we shouldn't put our hands in the tank to far, the sharks'll bite you to your neck. I've just read some of the posts here and people are eating their own over this. The solution is great, one question, can I run the XM Server as long as I want or is it prone to time outs? I just want to know so I can check on it and restart if needed. I placed it in my start up group so when my computer auto starts, it will auto start/connect, I like that it auto connects on start up.... nice! FYI... I actually pulled my Sirius Stiletto out of storage for the last few days, it worked but the Satellite is just too whimsy a signal for my tastes, every so often it cuts out. With the 'RAV Tuner' it uses the internet stream, much cleaner. Thanks again and give a shout out to the developers as well as yourself for a job well done.... THANK YOU!!!!

Cheryl Wester
02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I personally would test it periodically to make sure that it is still running. With our issues they are getting a lot more usage out of it now. Thanks.

ProperModulation
02-09-2011, 10:25 PM

This worked for me one time earlier today, but it now fails with the same old "couldn't parse login page" error. I sure hope they are close to a real solution.

edadks
02-09-2011, 10:43 PM
The xmtuner solution has stopped working for me once or twice but it seems to come back after a while. We'll see how long that lasts.

enfuego360
02-10-2011, 06:35 AM
This worked for me one time earlier today, but it now fails with the same old "couldn't parse login page" error. I sure hope they are close to a real solution.

yea, very odd. on monday i read about the xmtuner fix, and that worked perfectly for me on tuesday to record. but then when i woke up on wednesday, it did not work, but i found out about work around #2 in that link. that worked great yesterday. now today, work around #2 iisnt working, but work around #1 is. right now i am recording with 3 different methods, hoping that at least 1 works.

i was thinking about why work around #2 wasnt working and maybe i have an idea why. could it be that the xmtuner logged into sirius before replayav did, so the xmtuner work around is working, but when work around #2 went to log in, it couldnt because the xmtuner is already logged in? but then again, my old way of recording is working (yahoo widget), and that is logged in too. not sure.

here is another question. if you reboot your computer (like i usually do every night), do you have to change the xmtuner link in replayav? i do notice that the link does change in xmtuner. but will the old link still work?

CharlieSummers
02-10-2011, 08:44 AM
could it be that the xmtuner logged into sirius before replayav did

You should only use one of the workarounds. XM Tuner logs into Sirius when it's launched so my assumption is logging in with Replay A/V's new login app would (should, anyway) disconnect XM Tuner's login. XM Tuner is designed to re-connect, so that reconnect will disconnect Replay A/V's connection. Replay A/V is designed to reconnect, so...well, you can see where this is going.

Pick one and stick with it. FWIW, I've been running the service version of XM Tuner for days now, and it's caught every recording flawlessly, and as mentioned before lets us play different stations on different computers at the same time. (A single log-in, but separate akami stream redirects, I assume.) I tested Replay A/V's fix, and that worked fine, too, but before my test I stopped the XM Tuner service so as not to create conflict.

If you use XM Tuner, though, unschedule all of your direct recordings in Replay A/V. If you use Replay A/V, unschedule all of your XM Tuner recordings, and don't run either the XM Tuner service or the XM Tuner app.

here is another question. if you reboot your computer (like i usually do every night), do you have to change the xmtuner link in replayav? i do notice that the link does change in xmtuner. but will the old link still work?

The link should not change in XM Tuner. Both the application and the service should stay on the same port unless you physically change it. The URI it delivers is:

localhost:<portnumber>/streams/<channelnumber>/<low|high>

For example, on a default install (port 19081) to record channel 1 in high-quality you'd use:

http://localhost:19081/streams/1/high

Unless you change the port, that should not change at all, let alone between reboots. The main difference is the service should run immediately at boot, even if you don't log in, where the application needs to be started after login (either manually or with a shorcut in Startup, but either way it requires a user login first).

nixnerd
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I had a chance to try the SatelliteLogin fix from the zip file today and it's not working for me.
Renamed the old one and copied the new one into same dir.

If I right click on a show in my list and choose "Start Record/Download" it returns
"error:couldn't parse....etc."

XMtuner has been working for me since Tuesday but I'm sure it's only a matter of time until that is "broken".

A little off topic but I wonder if my Internet Radio will soon be broken for Sirius use as well?

Devil_PE
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I used the SatelliteLogin fix yesterday and got Replay to work fine. Today it is back to being broken.......couldn't parse.

cjlemke10
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I experienced the same thing. Replaced the Satellite EXE yesterday, everything worked fine. Today, it is broken and is unable to login. Any ideas from Applian as to what changes ocurred between yesterday and today?

cjlemke10
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM
You should only use one of the workarounds. XM Tuner logs into Sirius when it's launched so my assumption is logging in with Replay A/V's new login app would (should, anyway) disconnect XM Tuner's login. XM Tuner is designed to re-connect, so that reconnect will disconnect Replay A/V's connection. Replay A/V is designed to reconnect, so...well, you can see where this is going.

Pick one and stick with it. FWIW, I've been running the service version of XM Tuner for days now, and it's caught every recording flawlessly, and as mentioned before lets us play different stations on different computers at the same time. (A single log-in, but separate akami stream redirects, I assume.) I tested Replay A/V's fix, and that worked fine, too, but before my test I stopped the XM Tuner service so as not to create conflict.

If you use XM Tuner, though, unschedule all of your direct recordings in Replay A/V. If you use Replay A/V, unschedule all of your XM Tuner recordings, and don't run either the XM Tuner service or the XM Tuner app.

The link should not change in XM Tuner. Both the application and the service should stay on the same port unless you physically change it. The URI it delivers is:

localhost:<portnumber>/streams/<channelnumber>/<low|high>

For example, on a default install (port 19081) to record channel 1 in high-quality you'd use:

http://localhost:19081/streams/1/high

Unless you change the port, that should not change at all, let alone between reboots. The main difference is the service should run immediately at boot, even if you don't log in, where the application needs to be started after login (either manually or with a shorcut in Startup, but either way it requires a user login first).

I can tell you that I removed my XM Tuner recording method from Replay AV and it still couldn't login today, but did yesterday.

CharlieSummers
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I can tell you that I removed my XM Tuner recording method from Replay AV and it still couldn't login today, but did yesterday.

I believe you; I just shut down XM Tuner's service and manually (non-scheduled, just "Start Record/Download") tried to record. It failed with the same error you note. Restarted the XM Tuner service, waited for it to settle down (until I received the "Starting server...Server started") then started a manual record through it, with no problem.

Looks like SatelliteLogin.exe needs to be refreshed again.

Cheryl Wester
02-10-2011, 06:54 PM
At this time the XMTuner is the best way.The other fix appears to be only temporary and thus we need to use the XMTuner. The developer is working on this but we don't know when a more permanent soluton will be made.

4rcher
02-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I've read through this entire thread and am having strange results with the XMTuner workaround. When I copy/paste the generated url (http://myIP:19081/streams/197/high) and start the recording the status just says connecting, then saving, but never starts capturing. The only way I get it to capture is to paste the generated url into chrome or firefox, then it converts to the long string like this:
http://a156.l2280012155.c22800.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/156/22800/v0001/reflector:12155?.................................. ...=default&bitrate=high&wmcache=0&mswmext=.asx

I paste that in as the URL in Replay AV and it works, but only once. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks.

CharlieSummers
02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I paste that in as the URL in Replay AV and it works, but only once.

Well, yeah, that akamaistream URI contains your current authentication cookie, which is one-time use. That you place the XM Tuner URI into Firefox and receive the akamaistream URI in return tells me XM Tuner is working properly...can't explain yet why Replay A/V can't grab the same information.

Try changing the URI you place in Replay A/V to http://localhost:19081/streams/197/high and see if that helps. Also, you didn't mention whether you're running the service or the application.

4rcher
02-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the response. I tried localhost and had the same result. I've tried both the app and service, currently just running off the app with the service disabled.

CharlieSummers
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the response. I tried localhost and had the same result. I've tried both the app and service, currently just running off the app with the service disabled.

Hum...that Firefox delivers the proper URI implies the problem is in your Replay A/V application, not XM Tuner. To verify this, try pasting that URL (http://localhost:19081/streams/197/high) into Windows Media Player...if it plays, there's a good bet there's something amiss with your install of Replay A/V, based on many of us using Replay A/V and XM Tuner together successfully. (FWIW, I just did the same test and The Virus played. I was a little surprised to see it running at 49kpbs.)

Heck, maybe something as simple as a restart will take care of it.

virgoken
02-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you, Mr. Summers for your help! I had written about not being able to log in to XM Tuner on 2/9/11 and your suggestion about making sure I had "Sirius" in the drop down menu solved the problem. (That would account for the "d-uh!" heard 'round the metroplex that day.) The system has been working just fine. I know we're all busy with work and with life in general and I appreciated the time you took to respond.

Thanks again.

codgus
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Mr Summers, thanks for your input, I signed back on here to see if anyone else was having the trouble I was, with having to update the IP address every time my XM Tuner started. I knew it was something easy and researched and rediscovered the %localhost% variable. I've not recently had an occasion to use it, but have written many BATCH files with this variable. So, like most, possibly, I entered the URL (http://%localhost%:19081/streams/197/high), and to my dismay it failed.

Reading your response made realize, ditch the percent signs and your good, to my (glee <- poor choice of word), it WORKED! Thanks man!

CharlieSummers
02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks again.

NP. If that's the worst mistake you make today, you're way ahead of me. ;)

I've not recently had an occasion to use it, but have written many BATCH files with this variable. So, like most, possibly, I entered the URL (http://%localhost%:19081/streams/197/high), and to my dismay it failed.

Yeah, if you come from a un*x background, localhost is an old friend...it conventionally resolves to 127.0.0.1, which is the loopback address (so you could make that URI http://127.0.0.1:19081/streams/197/high and it'll work, too). This isn't an OS environmental variable in this context (although you're allowed to set it as one, naturally), but rather a special entry in Domain Name Services (DNS); like applian.com, localhost is a pointer to a specific IP address, the loopback address. If you open your hosts file (in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ IIRC), you'll see the line for localhost.

It's the simplest way to say, "this machine right here" in a URI. Of course, when my wife wants to listen to something, she has to use my XP machine's internal IP address, since localhost would point to her own laptop and fail miserably.

4rcher
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Charlie for the thoughts. I agree it's a problem with my replay av install. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software, reboot, same result, but saw it still had my scheduled shows so I uninstalled again and deleted every entry from the registry (regedt32) named replay av, reinstalled and they were still there with the same issue. Guessing that my replay av install is still messed up, but can't completely remove it so I can reinstall clean.

aimbotfriend
02-14-2011, 07:57 AM
This worked well for me thanks to you guys: http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/xm_tuner.php

You can use a nifty program called XM Tuner to create URL's to use for scheduling Sirius and XM Online radio recordings. Here's how to do it:

1. Install XM Tuner, then configure it. Download it from here: DOWNLOAD XMTUNER (http://www.xmtuner.net/download/)

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/screenshots8/xmtuner.jpg

2. Click Start in XM Tuner.
3. Choose a channel, then make a URL in the URL builder.
4. Click Copy to place this URL on the clipboard.
5. Open Replay AV, then click Shows, Add Show Manually from the top menu.
6. Paste the URL into the URL field.
7. Name the show, and set up the recording schedule.

geobrick
02-14-2011, 08:04 AM
So far, I like the work around method better than the original method.

I'm not sure if it's the "high" setting or the new sirius player, but the stream is at a higher resolution (and file sizes are twice as big). I don't pay for the high resolution option through sirius but I still seem to be able to record the higher resolution stream.

I set up XM Tuner as a service to keep it out of the way (you can adjust some of the xm tuner service settings using "services.msc").

hask
02-14-2011, 04:50 PM
How do you get the currently playing selections to appear? I can see them when I click on What's Playing but not when I am in the Channels tab.

Thanks,

Hask

This worked well for me thanks to you guys: http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/xm_tuner.php

You can use a nifty program called XM Tuner to create URL's to use for scheduling Sirius and XM Online radio recordings. Here's how to do it:

1. Install XM Tuner, then configure it. Download it from here: DOWNLOAD XMTUNER (http://www.xmtuner.net/download/)

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/screenshots8/xmtuner.jpg

2. Click Start in XM Tuner.
3. Choose a channel, then make a URL in the URL builder.
4. Click Copy to place this URL on the clipboard.
5. Open Replay AV, then click Shows, Add Show Manually from the top menu.
6. Paste the URL into the URL field.
7. Name the show, and set up the recording schedule.

CharlieSummers
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
but saw it still had my scheduled shows

Those are stored in a file named Schedule8.dat - close Replay A/V, rename that file, start Replay A/V, and *poof* your schedule is clean.

(Location changes based on Windows version; in XP it's C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\ in Win7 it's likely to be in C:\Users\<username>\App Data\Roaming\ but that's just a guess. Search for the filename and it should show up.)

FWIW, you should routinely back that file up...maybe it's just my install of Replay A/V, but I've found it occasionally corrupts that file and the entire schedule gets blown up. Any time I add or remove something important, I make a backup.

Edit: Has anyone played with SiriusXMStreamer? (http://www.permanence.com/sirius/) This appears to be a similar application to XM Tuner, although it doesn't appear to have the convenience of a service. It's a busy week for me, but if no one else has used it and can report on it, I'll try to find some time to install it and test with a demo account to see if it will work with Replay A/V. Wouldn't hurt to have another arrow in the quiver...

4rcher
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks again Charlie. I uninstalled replay av again including deleting the schedule8.dat file, found it here: C:\Users\<username>\appdata\Local. Reinstalled with the same result. I figured I'd look into SiriusXMStreamer. So far it looks promising I was able to use the URL and test a scheduled recording. I'm setting it to record sirius 197 the Virus, and here is the strange part. When I click the copy url button I get this: http://127.0.0.1:51710/sirius/feed?category=catcomedy&genre=thevirus&format=asx but recording does not work. When pasting that url into chrome it returns: Sirius Internet Radio - The VIRUSSirius 197 - The VIRUSOPIE & ANTHONY. RON & FEZ. Intense, edgy, uncensored.http://127.0.0.1:51710/sirius?channel=197&format=asx

So I pasted in: http://127.0.0.1:51710/sirius?channel=197&format=asx to Replay AV and that seems to be working.

CharlieSummers
02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks again Charlie. I uninstalled replay av again including deleting the schedule8.dat file, found it here: C:\Users\<username>\appdata\Local.

Hum... that's %localappdata% which doesn't exist in XP - odd that they are using different variables based on OS. I probably would have used %appdata%\Applian and been done with it...but hey, what do I know? ;)

I figured I'd look into SiriusXMStreamer. So far it looks promising

Awesome! I haven't had time to play with it yet, but I did download it...if Sirius changes the login for the old streams again, whichever (XM Tuner, SiriusXMStreamer) fixes it first can be used almost immediately after fix.

aimbotfriend
02-15-2011, 08:19 AM
How do you get the currently playing selections to appear? I can see them when I click on What's Playing but not when I am in the Channels tab.

Thanks,

Hask

Can you take screenshots of your setup short of your username/password (leave those out)? We'll troubleshoot. It should at least allow you to listen. Are you behind a work firewall? Are you at home?

delayplanet
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
I am a totally blind user of Replay AV. I love it. It is definitely the best recording program I have ever encountered. I read the instructions on how to fix the log in problem with Sirius Internet Radio. However, I am unable to find the URL on the XM tuner. It tells me to select a station but I can not locate a list of stations or how to operate the "URL Builder." Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Hask

jgatie
02-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Run the XM Tuner program instead of the Server. Click on the Channels tab, then choose your channel. In the bottom right will be your URL. Choose "Copy" to copy, then paste into Replay AV.

db220
02-16-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm trying to run the xm tuner. I get it loaded and it logs in but then I get a looping message that says "A problem occurred while playing your channel. Attempting to retune in 10 seconds" over and over. Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

CharlieSummers
02-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Yes. So long as you haven't changed the default port number (19081), the URI will be:

http://localhost:19081/streams/<channel_number>/high

...that is, say for channel 123, the URI would be:

http://localhost:19081/streams/123/high

It really is that easy, so long as XM Tuner and Replay A/V are both on the same computer - you don't need the URL Builder once you understand the format of the URL. It is:

computer-colon-port-slash-streams-slash-channelnumber-slash-quality

Of course, if XM Tuner and Replay A/V are on different computers, you need to replace localhost with the internal IP address of the machine running XM Tuner, but since most people will run both on the same Windows machine, localhost will work just fine.

CharlieSummers
02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

Any chance you can copy/paste a section of the log file so we can see it? Maybe something there will jump out. (I had an issue with one channel early-on, but it must have been on SiriusXM's end, since I could play any other channel I tuned to.)

tony_b
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Has anyone found a workaround to the inactivity timeout when recording with the new method (using xmtuner + replayav)?

or is it not an issue (like it used to be...)

I've heard of mouse mover programs that simulate activity...

hask
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Can you take screenshots of your setup short of your username/password (leave those out)? We'll troubleshoot. It should at least allow you to listen. Are you behind a work firewall? Are you at home?

I can listen without a problem. My question was how do you get the song titles to appear as they do in the screenshot. Mine just shows the channel number, but not the song title directly beneath it.

Hask

CharlieSummers
02-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Has anyone found a workaround to the inactivity timeout when recording with the new method (using xmtuner + replayav)?

It is no more of an issue than it was with Reply A/V alone. Since this isn't using the SiriusXM player but rather an akamainet stream, the timeout isn't an issue.

I can listen without a problem. My question was how do you get the song titles to appear as they do in the screenshot.

Since this question has to do specifically with the XM Tuner application and nothing to do with it and Replay A/V, you'll get much better information asking at the application home. (http://www.xmtuner.net/)

Cheryl Wester
02-16-2011, 06:58 PM
There is not an issue with it timing out for you after 90 minutes if you use the stream capture method.

Columbo4Life
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the workaround. When I run XMtuner and I'm locked in but don't play a channel it still counts as running the server I guess (it says so in the program window). Now when it tries to fetch a stream through replayAV it only works with the last channel I played (e.g. Shade45 on the corresponding url). Other recordings on other channels won't work and show me the following error:

Incoming stream request for XM60 - THE HIGHWAY
Playing SIRIUS 60 - The Highway
Sirius Internet Radio Error - Unknown Error
Error fetching stream for SIRIUS 60 - THE HIGHWAY

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong or is it just not possible to record another stream than the last played. I think it should be that it fetches every stream since it is running as a service.

Best,
MJ

db220
02-19-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm still having issues with the xmtuner. I cant seem to save the screen shot or copy it here so I retyped the error from the log file. It happens after the syem logs in and everything looks fine. I hope someone can help me to figure this out. Thanks.

1072885353 Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.
Error! Attempting to retune channel SIRIUS 1-SIRIUS XM HITS 1 (in 10 seconds)…

dj_paige
02-19-2011, 03:14 PM
I too am finding that XMTuner "times out" after what appears to be "random" intervals of time, making unattended recording of my favorite XM shows via Replay AV nearly impossible. There seem to be many people reporting this issue here, but not at the XM Tuner forum, which has virtually no activity lately.

Here are examples of the errors I am receiving:
http://paiges-page.net/uploaded_images/xmtuner_problem.gif
http://paiges-page.net/uploaded_images/xmtuner_problem2.gif

jallot
02-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I too am finding that XMTuner "times out" after what appears to be "random" intervals of time, making unattended recording of my favorite XM shows via Replay AV nearly impossible. There seem to be many people reporting this issue here, but not at the XM Tuner forum, which has virtually no activity lately.

Here are examples of the errors I am receiving:
http://paiges-page.net/uploaded_images/xmtuner_problem.gif
http://paiges-page.net/uploaded_images/xmtuner_problem2.gif

My problem exactly. Makes unattended recordings in the early morning impossible.

Can we get a status from Applian on a fix for Replay A/V ?

Cheryl Wester
02-20-2011, 04:36 PM
When we have one it will be posted. This is not easy and the developer does not have anything as of yet. Thanks.

BSOTL
02-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Greetings! When the recording of XM failed about 2/3/11, I figured I'd just wait it out and hope this forum would post a solution. Well, the XMTuner solution worked perfectly for me, recording Breakfast with the Beatles flawlessly. I am once again a happy camper. Thanks to all, especially the Applian Staff. Great Job!
♥♥♥!

CharlieSummers
02-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm still having issues with the xmtuner. I cant seem to save the screen shot or copy it here

Screenshots can be taken with PrtScr/SysReq button (next to Scroll Lock) - ALT-PrtScr for just the window. Or you can use the freeware MWSnap, (http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html) which is my favorite third-party tool for taking screen/window/menu dumps. There's even a portable version for your flash drive. (With XM Tuner, though, you can copy the data from the log window as text at least in the service version by just selecting it and hitting CNTL-C - right-clicking doesn't drop-down a context menu, though, so CNTL-C is the only way I've found.)

I too am finding that XMTuner "times out" after what appears to be "random" intervals of time, making unattended recording of my favorite XM shows via Replay AV nearly impossible.

I thought maybe this was an issue between Sirius and XM, so I created an XM OnLine demo account (finally figured out how to accomplish that in the new sign-in system!) and made a few unattended three-hour recordings from XM 133 (XMPR). I then left the computer running but unattended over the weekend after making the last recording on Saturday morning, to see if it would experience time-out issues before this morning. The log indicates it timed out a few times over the weekend, most recently at 2:32:53 this morning, but it had no problem recording at 7:57 am this morning and is as I write this still recording (scheduled until 11:03 am).

Admittedly I am running the service and not the player application so I can't speak to any possible differences there (the same team programmed both, so other than the abstracted layer that handles the service requirements or player section I can't imagine the programming would be different between the two "flavors"), but I can't duplicate the problem some people here seem to be experiencing even letting the thing sit idle for better than a day and a half, so I can only suggest that the problem is not specifically within XM Tuner or Replay A/V, but rather there's something else at play on a few people's machines that aren't affecting the majority of others.

The one oddity I noticed from the screen dumps is that XM Tuner is losing the stream exactly thirty-seconds after commencing - this doesn't appear "random," at all at least in those screen dumps, but solidly consistent (one instance alone is 31-seconds)...does this happen when just playing back through the XM Tuner player, only when attempting a recording through Replay A/V, or any time?

May I also suggest those who are having problems with XM Tuner try the alternative application SiriusXMStreamer (http://www.permanence.com/sirius/) to see if that makes any difference?

There seem to be many people reporting this issue here, but not at the XM Tuner forum, which has virtually no activity lately.

Yeah, I noticed that. Still, for support issues concerning only the XM Tuner and not its coupling with Replay A/V, contacting the developers directly or availing oneself of the other support options at the bottom of the main XM Tuner page makes more sense than posting here.

Well, the XMTuner solution worked perfectly for me, recording Breakfast with the Beatles flawlessly.

I find some comfort in the evidence that I am not the only soul here recording something other than HooHoo or Virus content.

dj_paige
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
(With XM Tuner, though, you can copy the data from the log window as text at least in the service version by just selecting it and hitting CNTL-C - right-clicking doesn't drop-down a context menu, though, so CNTL-C is the only way I've found.)

Perhaps I don't know what you are referring to as "the service version". When I have XMTuner running, I can open the Log tag, and Cntrl-C doesn't do anything. If I try to paste into Notepad, I get nothing (or my previous copy). Could you provide more details?

By the way, I have contacted the developer of XMTuner about this, I will let you know what (s)he says.

danjfoley
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't know why anyone hasn't asked this simple question. I ask it directly to the developer of replay av. If the developer of XMtuner was able to update his program to be able to tune into the sirus stream when they made the change, why can't replay av do the same thing? If you don't know how to do it can't you just contact the developer of the xmtuner and ask him.

He has a blog where he talked about updating it here. Why don't you just contact him and ask him how he did it.

You keep saying your developer is working on it, and it might not even be possible. Well XMtuner has proved that it is possible, and pretty simple. given that he made the change in a few days.

Read about it here, and please have your developer contact him. If XMtuner can tune in, there is no reason replay av cannot.

http://blog.xmtuner.net/

CharlieSummers
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Perhaps I don't know what you are referring to as "the service version".

This has been covered extensively in this thread, but briefly there are two ways to run XM Tuner; either the player version or the Windows service version. The player is fine if you want to listen to XM radio through it, but since I don't, I run the service version which installs a Windows service that doesn't require the application to be running. Read through this thread and the information on the XM Tuner website to understand the advantages to each.

When I have XMTuner running, I can open the Log tag, and Cntrl-C doesn't do anything.

Try selecting something first, just like in a word-processing document. I just closed the service, opened the application (they obviously can't run at the same time), went to the log tab, hit CNTL-A (Select All) then CNTL-C (copy) and got:

XMTuner 0.6.3
13:48:07 Configuration Loaded

So it works just fine in both versions. You can select small sections, like:

13:55:07 Extended channel data is loaded and current, no update needed.
13:55:08 Program guide loaded successfully.
13:56:08 Incoming Stream Request for XM2 - SIRIUS XM HITS 1
13:56:08 Playing XM 2 - SIRIUS XM HITS 1

...although because of the way it updates, if you need something in a long logfile you're probably better off doing CNTL-A-CNTL-C then editing after the paste.

CharlieSummers
02-21-2011, 12:07 PM
You keep saying your developer is working on it, and it might not even be possible.

XM Tuner is receiving the old ASX streams, which might be shut down at any time. The Replay A/V developers are apparently concentrating on the new streams, which may or may not be "capturable" (I'm betting not, for legal reasons not technical ones).

But seriously, if you want to complain to them (and I certainly understand why you would), please do so directly. (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/index.php#contact) We mere users are only trying to help each other work through what we have at hand and so cannot help you, and continued complaining to us will only get your ID placed on our ignore list which might be a problem should you need user-assistance in the future.

Scott Wood
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I have been using the XMTuner as a service option since the problem started. I had suffered some of those timouts mentioned in earlier posts and I think I have it figured out, on my system atleast. Not sure if this will apply to others.

As mentioned, I am running XMTuner as a service and I am using "localhost" as the address in Replay AV. I typically keep a VPN connection between my computer at home and my work's network. I tend to forget to disconnect it and it does not auto timeout. While it has recorded unattended just fine with the VPN connection running, every time it has timed out as been while the VPN was active. With the VPN turned off, it hasn't failed yet. I am not 100% sure that the VPN caused my timeout issues, but so far so good.

dj_paige
02-22-2011, 06:02 AM
I started the XMTuner Service last night and tried to do a test of unattended recording via ReplayAV. I do not have a VPN running. (Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit)

The test was unsuccessful. The unattended recording beginning at 4:10am today did not work. Here is the log from XMTunerServiceControl

XMTuner Log
Build: 0.6.3
2/22/2011 4:11:29 AM

20:06:15 Please wait... logging in
20:06:15 Logging into XM Radio Online
20:06:22 Logged in as xxxxxx
20:06:22 Loading channel lineup...
20:06:22 Channel lineup loaded successfully (from cache).
20:06:22 Loading extended channel data... (from cache)
20:06:22 Extended channel data loaded successfully (from cache)
20:06:32 Loading extended channel data...
20:06:32 Extended channel data is loaded and current, no update needed.
20:06:32 Loading program guide...
20:06:32 Starting server...
20:06:32 Server started
20:06:32 Listening on port 19081
20:06:32 XMTuner Service started
20:06:32 Program guide loaded successfully.
20:09:57 Incoming Stream Request for XM6 - 60S ON 6
20:09:57 Playing XM 6 - 60S ON 6
20:09:59 Incoming Stream Request for XM6 - 60S ON 6
20:09:59 Playing XM 6 - 60S ON 6
21:06:34 XM Session Timed-out. Reconnecting...
21:06:34 Logging into XM Radio Online
21:06:34 Logged in as xxxxx
21:06:34 Relogin Completed.
21:36:35 XM Session Timed-out. Reconnecting...
21:36:35 Logging into XM Radio Online
21:36:35 Logged in as xxxxx
21:36:35 Relogin Completed.
4:09:48 Incoming Stream Request for XM6 - 60S ON 6
4:09:48 Playing XM 6 - 60S ON 6
4:10:18 Play Error: The operation has timed out (Timeout)
4:10:18 Error fetching stream for XM 6 - 60S ON 6
4:10:24 Incoming Stream Request for XM6 - 60S ON 6
4:10:24 Playing XM 6 - 60S ON 6
4:10:54 Play Error: The operation has timed out (Timeout)
4:10:54 Error fetching stream for XM 6 - 60S ON 6
4:10:59 Incoming Stream Request for XM6 - 60S ON 6
4:10:59 Playing XM 6 - 60S ON 6
4:11:29 Play Error: The operation has timed out (Timeout)
4:11:29 Error fetching stream for XM 6 - 60S ON 6

Kurto2021
02-22-2011, 08:01 AM
it's probably because it doesn't want to record the 60's channel.

I wonder if it may be a 64 bit issue...mine is up and working and it is 32 bit

CharlieSummers
02-22-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm mildly annoyed at XM Tuner myself, but this time because of the goofy way it handles logs. Every time you restart the service (and, I assume, the application, although they are different log files) it wipes out the old data.

I missed a recording this morning which may or may not have been my fault (I've been using demo accounts to test stuff on both XM and Sirius lately, and the error seemed to be bad password), and as is my habit step one is to handle the immediate issue and then step two is to diagnose the cause for prevention. So I checked to make sure all the proper data was entered (seriously, the log-in information is stored in-the-clear in the all user's application data folder?), logged into the SiriusXM player to be sure, and started a test recording, which worked fine.

When I went to review the logs to see what happened to cause the failure, though, the log data from the problem session was gone, and the log file on disk held only what I could already see in the service control window starting minutes ago with the test session.

The lesson for everyone here is, if you have a problem with XM Tuner, immediately select-all-copy from the log window and paste into Notepad, Wordpad, or whatever, and only then start to deal with your problem.

(*sigh*)

CharlieSummers
02-22-2011, 08:54 AM
The test was unsuccessful. The unattended recording beginning at 4:10am today did not work. Here is the log from XMTunerServiceControl

Hum...note the 30-second time-outs after the first one...

I wonder if this has anything to do with Windows7's firewall? Doesn't seem so, since the recording session worked fine for 54-minutes or so before the first timeout, but it might be interesting to know if the timeout issues are happening solely with XM Tuner running under Windows7...

cjlemke10
02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
I have notice a few things while using the XM Tuner workaround. Specifically, I use the Stream Capture method to record Sirius,and I've noticed that while the XM Tuner does time out periodically while recording, it doesn't necessarily result in any lost recording. In fact, I matched up the timing in the log that stated XM Tuner timed out, with my recorded file, and it doesn't seem that there was any lost recording. Is this just wishful thinking or has anyone else experienced the same thing? I know that XM tuner seems to log back in within seconds, but not to lose any acual data seems baffeling.

dj_paige
02-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I am not using Windows 7 Firewall. I am using AVG Internet Security firewall, but maybe I should test things out by turning off AVG and turning on Windows 7 firewall.

CharlieSummers
02-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I know that XM tuner seems to log back in within seconds, but not to lose any acual data seems baffeling.

Not really. You log into SiriusXM, then request a stream. That stream comes from Akamai with a completely different URI that contains an authentication "cookie," which gets passed on by XM Tuner to the requester (WMP, Replay A/V, whatever) who then opens it. XM Tuner maintains the connection to SiriusXM, so the next incoming request gets a new akamaistream.net URI complete with new authentication cookie. I assume this is how XM Tuner can allow multiple recordings, or even multiple computers, to play/record different streams.

You can prove this pretty easily; load an XM Tuner URI into WMP, and once it starts playing, sign off from SiriusXM in XM Tuner. The stream shouldn't stop playing, even though you are no longer logged-in to SiriusXM.

psychoticwolf
02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to run the xm tuner. I get it loaded and it logs in but then I get a looping message that says "A problem occurred while playing your channel. Attempting to retune in 10 seconds" over and over. Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

Thats the automatic player retune kicking in. It happens if your stream is disconnected for any reason. (XM streams time out after 24 hours or so of continuous playback, player limitations aside.) It was added in XMTuner 0.6. You'll want to investigate why your connection to the stream is being broken.

psychoticwolf
02-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the workaround. When I run XMtuner and I'm locked in but don't play a channel it still counts as running the server I guess (it says so in the program window). Now when it tries to fetch a stream through replayAV it only works with the last channel I played (e.g. Shade45 on the corresponding url). Other recordings on other channels won't work and show me the following error:

Incoming stream request for XM60 - THE HIGHWAY
Playing SIRIUS 60 - The Highway
Sirius Internet Radio Error - Unknown Error
Error fetching stream for SIRIUS 60 - THE HIGHWAY

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong or is it just not possible to record another stream than the last played. I think it should be that it fetches every stream since it is running as a service.

Best,
MJ

You are correct. The XMTuner Server is running if the counter on the log tab is moving. The player is "extra" in this case. Whenever a request for a stream URL comes in, XMTuner does the fetch. The problem in this case is for some reason XMTuner is not getting back the stream page from SiriusXM. Unknown error is a bit vague, but unfortunately so is the SXM system.

Oh, and there is full documentation on the stream URL format here
http://wiki.xmtuner.net/wiki/XMTuner:WebInterface#Streams
These do not change and are a constant as long as SXM doesn't start changing channel numbers around.

psychoticwolf
02-22-2011, 02:59 PM
S
Admittedly I am running the service and not the player application so I can't speak to any possible differences there (the same team programmed both, so other than the abstracted layer that handles the service requirements or player section I can't imagine the programming would be different between the two "flavors"), but I can't duplicate the problem some people here seem to be experiencing even letting the thing sit idle for better than a day and a half, so I can only suggest that the problem is not specifically within XM Tuner or Replay A/V, but rather there's something else at play on a few people's machines that aren't affecting the majority of others.

The one oddity I noticed from the screen dumps is that XM Tuner is losing the stream exactly thirty-seconds after commencing - this doesn't appear "random," at all at least in those screen dumps, but solidly consistent (one instance alone is 31-seconds)...does this happen when just playing back through the XM Tuner player, only when attempting a recording through Replay A/V, or any time?

The only difference between XMTuner and the XMTunerService is the lack of the UI elements and therefore all the built-in player functions and so forth. XMTunerService is designed to be used for UPnP players that need background support. There is no back-end code differences, they share the same code - otherwise maintaining both would be painful. This timeout has been reported before but it occurs for some people and I have not been reliably able to reproduce it and track down a cause. It was as if XMTuner itself loses the ability to make connections out. Since Timeout means exactly that, it attempted to connect to SXM and failed to reach a server.

The 30-second issue you're seeing is the default timeout XMTuner has for making a connection. It tries to reach sirius/xmradio.com and waits 30 seconds before it fails out, and you get the follow-up message.

Restarting the service or application has been reported to correct this. Generally XMTuner itself isnt intended to be run for long-periods of time, but there should be no problems doing so. Scripting something to restart the service would work-around the problem - its not an elegant solution though.

psychoticwolf
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
it's probably because it doesn't want to record the 60's channel.

I wonder if it may be a 64 bit issue...mine is up and working and it is 32 bit

Its not, I've reproduced it, just not reliably, on 64-bit systems, even using a 64-bit version of XMTuner.

psychoticwolf
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm mildly annoyed at XM Tuner myself, but this time because of the goofy way it handles logs. Every time you restart the service (and, I assume, the application, although they are different log files) it wipes out the old data.
(*sigh*)

Sorry about that. I'll fix it so it rotates logs in the next version.

psychoticwolf
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Not really. You log into SiriusXM, then request a stream. That stream comes from Akamai with a completely different URI that contains an authentication "cookie," which gets passed on by XM Tuner to the requester (WMP, Replay A/V, whatever) who then opens it. XM Tuner maintains the connection to SiriusXM, so the next incoming request gets a new akamaistream.net URI complete with new authentication cookie. I assume this is how XM Tuner can allow multiple recordings, or even multiple computers, to play/record different streams..

Correct. XMTuner maintains the information about the session and does its best to keep it alive, however, it periodically polls and will notice if its been forced out and relogin needs to occur, "Relogin needed/completed". The logic for this may need to be more robust, but it generally works.

jtschinkel
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
I have been using the xmTuner server workaround with Sirius since introduced with no issues or incidents. I actually kind of like it better as i'm getting clear recordings with no perceptible dropouts. I usually record other non sirius streams so it wasn't too big of an issue to switch. Server is running on an AMD 64 bit PC w/ 4 gig ram. One wish would be that the Server shuts down after "x" mins of non recording. And would activate when the stream was requested.

dj_paige
02-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I am not using Windows 7 Firewall. I am using AVG Internet Security firewall, but maybe I should test things out by turning off AVG and turning on Windows 7 firewall.

I tried tonight to do an unattended recording using Windows 7 Firewall enabled, after shutting off the AVG Internet Security Firewall. Same results. Could not record, same errors, the XM Tuner Service says operation has timed out. So, I guess the problem is not the specific firewall I am using. Will try again tonight with no router. I am not willing to try doing this with no firewall enabled.

CharlieSummers
02-23-2011, 10:58 AM
First, let me mention it's nice to see someone involved with XM Tuner development here...it's a little depressing that our discussion here is a bit more...robust...than that on the Sourceforge forum dedicated to XM Tuner, though.

Generally XMTuner itself isnt intended to be run for long-periods of time, but there should be no problems doing so.

Um...one would assume a service would be designed to be run for long periods of time...i.e. the entire time the computer is operating. I know what you meant, though, since XM Tuner really wasn't designed to be a 24/7 adjunct to Replay A/V, instead designed to make it easier to listen to XM or Sirius online at your desk.

Still, the ability for my daughter to listen to country music on her netbook while my wife listens to Doctor Radio on her laptop while I record The Bob Edwards Show in my office is seriously beyond cool, so even if Applian patched Replay A/V tomorrow I'd continue using XM Tuner as the back-end. (Aside: I looked for a "tip jar" to support XM Tuner's development and didn't see one. Pointer would be appreciated.)

Sorry about that. I'll fix it so it rotates logs in the next version.

Heck, I'd be fine with it just "letting it roll," but that would cause no end of grief for the app/service display window, not to mention those who don't routinely clear log files having...issues...with wondering where all the disk space went.

I actually kind of like it better as i'm getting clear recordings with no perceptible dropouts.

Really? You're clearly not recording XMPR (133/196); the dropouts are every bit as frequent as they have been, requiring me to manually edit every day's BES to "fix" them. (But then, I'm anal about "complete" shows.) SiriusXM couldn't feed solid data to Akamai if their life depended on it.

One wish would be that the Server shuts down after "x" mins of non recording. And would activate when the stream was requested.

If, "the server shut down," it could never reactivate, since nothing would be listening. I think you are suggesting XM Tuner log-out of SiriusXM while continuing to run the server, and log-in as necessary.

Problem I see with that is if you re-loaded the XM Tuner web page, it would have old artist/song/album data, as I assume it would have to log-in to retrieve that data. And that would (depending on usage) cause a boatload of log-in/log-off cycles. But since a developer's here and much better equipped to handle this, I should shut up now.

Will try again tonight with no router. I am not willing to try doing this with no firewall enabled.

Er, no, certainly not...I wouldn't run without the hardware firewall in the router, frankly. I was musing out loud because of the issues I had with the Windows7 firewall being a bit more...particular...than earlier versions. I also noted that it wasn't likely to be a firewall issue since it did work for 50-some minutes before it died, though, so I probably shouldn't have thought out loud about the firewall.

dj_paige
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Okay, I will not run without the router. Another recording failed to start on time today. When I realized it hadn't started on time, I re-started the XMTuner service, but I missed recording over an hour of the show. After 2 years of enjoying Replay A/V and its reliability in recording XM Radio, this is very frustrating. I too am glad that the developer of XMTuner is working on it and commenting.

Perhaps now that Carmelo Anthony has been traded, this will fix the problem. :D

sjcabc
02-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Th XMTuner work around was fine for a few days, but, now the last two days it has not worked. A look at the log file says connection to host failed. I restarted the computer and re-loaded the XMTuner and Replay AV. Any suggestions

CharlieSummers
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM
A look at the log file says connection to host failed.

A look at which log file, XM Tuner's or Replay A/V's? If Replay A/V's (as I suspect), it's likely XM Tuner's server stopped, which the restart should have handled. Are you running the service or the application? What was in XM Tuner's logfile (if you restarted XM Tuner, nevermind since it overwrites its logfile with each connection)?

FWIW, Replay A/V ate my Schedule8.dat file last night when the computer crashed. Fortunately, I make copious backups of that file, so I was able to replace it. But use this as a cautionary tale and back up your own Schedule8.dat file now.

Scott Wood
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
This is an update to my theory that my timeout had something to do with the VPN connection to my work network. Throw that theory out the window where it belongs. My regularly scheduled recording of Ron & Fez this morning failed without the VPN being connected. From looking at the XM Tuner log, it appears that it actually died in the middle of the night.

My new theory is that the service becomes unstable after a few days running. My plan now is to restart the service at least once a day.

dj_paige
02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
My new theory is that the service becomes unstable after a few days running. My plan now is to restart the service at least once a day.

It happens to me in much less than a day. It sometimes even happens after 2 hours, in the middle of a Replay A/V recording session. And then other times it runs for 48 hours without a problem.

Jeff Lenney
02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
It happens to me in much less than a day. It sometimes even happens after 2 hours, in the middle of a Replay A/V recording session. And then other times it runs for 48 hours without a problem.

Thanks for the update - just so you all know - we are still looking into this issue thoroughly. Everybody should be using XMTuner.exe in the meantime - thanks!

When or if we have a solution - it will be posted online. Thanks all for hanging in there. :)

dj_paige
02-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Just to continue my reporting of how things are going using Replay AV and XMTuner (service) ... this is a new computer, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, I have had the computer for two weeks. Last night, after I went to bed, a recording of an XM station successfully started, and continued for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes, before the computer crashed (blue screen of death). This is the second blue screen of death I have had with this computer in the two weeks I have owned it. Now, I cannot say that either XMTuner or Replay AV was the reason for either of the crashes, but last night after I went to bed and the recording started, the main activity on the computer was XMTuner and Replay AV. Yes, I know other processes run in the background so the crash could have certainly been the fault of these other processes; nevertheless, at this time I suspect the culprit is indeed XMTuner and /or Replay AV. Of course, there have also been times when XMTuner and Replay AV have worked properly without incident.

Scott Wood
02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I really can't seem to find any rhyme or reason why my recordings fail from time to time. This morning's failed and I had restarted the service about 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Other times it runs for 3 or 4 days without a problem.

I sure do hope that we get a more stable xmtuner or a fix for Replay AV, either would make me happy. :-)

kfsincla2
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Anyone having issues with radio margaritaville on xmtuner? It will start any other channel, but when I try to play channel 31 I get this message in the log file "error fetching stream for siruis 31-radio margaritaville"

cgiordano
03-01-2011, 06:35 AM
I am also having problems with XMTuner; I keep having failed recordings with these messages in the Replay A/V show activity log file:

Tue Mar 1 8:15:19 AM Total time in track less than 10 seconds -- track will not be saved.
Tue Mar 1 8:15:19 AM Not enough data to save. Likely tuning error.

But the tuner is still running and audio output can still be heard. Weird.
This can occur after many days of running/recording with no problems, or, as just happened today, a few hours after a fresh reboot.

Also, Replay A/V will randomly fail with the error "Replay A/V has stopped working".

beavis6953
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I have a few questions that I think a lot of us would like to know the answer to.

1. What are these backdoor streams used for? (Sonos, SirusXM app, etc)

2. How long does are these streams going to be be accessible?

3. Could Replay AV append its license agreement to make the decrypting/recording use "at your own risk"?

Any Ideas,

-Dan

Cheryl Wester
03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
We have no way of knowing how long they are going to be accessible. That is up to Sirius and to XM and not up to us. I don't know what they are used for but I suspect they are for some of the other players that are out there. Streams change all the time and we have no control over when they change. We do our best to update as we also prefer it when things go smoothly but that is not always possible.

stream-recorder.com
03-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Could Replay AV append its license agreement to make the decrypting/recording use "at your own risk"?
Replay Media Catcher was able to download RTMPE streams until Adobe came to the spotlight:
As of January 28, 2009, any newly installed copy of Replay Media Catcher does not support Adobe Secure RTMP Measures. (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)

dj_paige
03-02-2011, 04:53 AM
XMTuner now producing new errors (although it seems to be able to tune to the stations properly)

6:51:57 Loading program guide...
6:51:57 Error: 404 - Not Found
6:51:57 Failed to load program guide data (will retry).
6:52:27 Loading program guide...
6:52:27 Error: 404 - Not Found
6:52:27 Failed to load program guide data (will retry).
6:52:57 Loading program guide...
6:52:57 Error: 404 - Not Found
6:52:57 Failed to load program guide data (will retry).

CharlieSummers
03-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Anyone having issues with radio margaritaville on xmtuner?

No, but when I first started playing around with XM Tuner, I was bouncing around a good bit and got exactly the same error on XM Kids (sorry, Kids Place Live). Checked a few days later, and it was fine, so you might be seeing a transient error on the part of SiriusXM or Akamai.

2. How long does are these streams going to be be accessible?

You should ask SiriusXM. But be careful not to tell them you are asking because you want to know about recording their streams, since they will tell you it is a violation of your agreed-to terms-of-service to record anything from SiriusXM.

This is a gentle way of saying while you want to record, they (thanks to pressure from the RIAA) need to do everything they can to prevent you from recording. Accept it; the end is near for stream recording, as noted in previous posts for legal reasons not technical ones. Enjoy it while it lasts.

XMTuner now producing new errors (although it seems to be able to tune to the stations properly)

Yeah, seeing the same thing here. Looks like SiriusXM moved the program guide, possibly just to screw up XM Tuner/SiriusXMStreamer (I mean, bet'cha there are people from SXM reading this thread just like we are). Other than filling the log file and making it tough to see what song is playing, this shouldn't be a major issue to deal with, and hopefully trivial to fix.

Scott Wood
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Started getting the same thing as you last night. Still not working this morning/afternoon.

Flat_Timmy
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I wouldn’t mind capturing the decompressed audio, if that is the only option. That’s how I’ve done it in the past when Sirius has changed their login (I was unaware of XM Tuner before this most recent change). The only problem I had with capturing the decompressed audio was that the Sirius player would time out after an hour or so. So I had to be there to click on the player every once in a while to keep it going. For the same reason I couldn’t schedule recordings when I wasn’t around. I am wondering, once Sirius shuts down the unencrypted stream, can Applian update Replay so that it can schedule recordings of the decompressed audio and be left unattended for more than an hour once a recording has started? Or is this just too difficult?

mr pink
03-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I bought a C.CRANE WITNESS MP3 PLAYER (http://www.amazon.com/Witness-2GB-Digital-Recorder-players/dp/B001F51GU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299397478&tag=streamingme01-20&sr=8-2) that records in-line with a timer and has 20 presets, however, you can't record mutliple channels at once. Although, I can preset it to record anything on XM on a daily basis. Just keep the channel on your XM RADIO and set the timer. Records at 128 kbps, 192 kbps, or 256 kbps! The sound quality is fantastic with no crackles, pops, or drop-outs. Never miss my fav Xm channels or local sports channels..(only mp3 player that records am)....I refuse to purchase XM glitchy portable receivers that record. I thought Replay AV was the answer but the future looks bleak. Besides, the XM Online site has horrible sound issues.

Flat_Timmy
03-06-2011, 07:25 AM
I bought a C.CRANE WITNESS MP3 PLAYER (http://www.amazon.com/Witness-2GB-Digital-Recorder-players/dp/B001F51GU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299397478&tag=streamingme01-20&sr=8-2) that records in-line with a timer and has 20 presets, however, you can't record mutliple channels at once. Although, I can preset it to record anything on XM on a daily basis. Just keep the channel on your XM RADIO and set the timer. Records at 128 kbps, 192 kbps, or 256 kbps! The sound quality is fantastic with no crackles, pops, or drop-outs. Never miss my fav Xm channels or local sports channels..(only mp3 player that records am)....I refuse to purchase XM glitchy portable receivers that record. I thought Replay AV was the answer but the future looks bleak. Besides, the XM Online site has horrible sound issues.

I have a Crane and its predecessor, Radio Your Way. They are very reliable. The problem I have using them is that the Sirius signal drops out from time to time, expecially in the summer. It was all the satellite dropouts that led me to Applian in the first place.

hask
03-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Replay A/V is the answer. If you are willing to buy an XM radio anyway, you don't need to get one that records. Just buy a regular radio and plug it in to your sound card. Then set up a Replay A/V recording to capture by recording audio output. I have been doing that with Sirius for years and never had a problem.

Hask

I refuse to purchase XM glitchy portable receivers that record. I thought Replay AV was the answer but the future looks bleak.

mr pink
03-07-2011, 02:23 AM
What changed the game for me was the new XM online site....no longer 128 kbps..too many dropouts....crackles..pops etc. Granted, XMTUNER has better sound but it's future is unreliable. I still continue to use REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER to record Pandora, Skyradio, Shoutcast, Accuradio, Lastfm, Slacker (and to capture Youtube vids). Recording with my in-line mp3 players off my XM radio has much better sound and no dropouts (I have an outside anntenna/and delphi repeater that shoots the signal throughout the house) .....Anyway, what I loved about Replay Av "was" the sound quality from the old XM Online site and the ability to record multiple stations at once while doing other things on my computer. If I have to capture the stream then I'd rather record using my CRANE at 192 kpbs from my xm radio. I still support APPLIAN products and understand that this event was out of their hands and I appricate their efforts with the various workarounds. Hey, nothing lasts forever.

CharlieSummers
03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Replay A/V is the answer. If you are willing to buy an XM radio anyway, you don't need to get one that records. Just buy a regular radio and plug it in to your sound card. Then set up a Replay A/V recording to capture by recording audio output. I have been doing that with Sirius for years and never had a problem.

Yuck. 20kbps or less, terrible compression artifacts, just plain lousy sound...while I have recorded from the satellite feed on occasion, it's terrible quality. I'd rather not record anything.

But then, I haven't seriously listened to satellite radio for music in years...I legally record songs from Slacker, et al and load microSDHC cards with music styles as separate "channels," played back through SanDisk Sansa Fuze players running Rockbox with shuffle turned on, and *poof* - satellite radio cloned with vastly-improved quality.

Unfortunately, I still have to record The Bob Edwards Show. And that is practically unlistenable through the satellites/ground repeaters since they ripped the bandwidth away from the XMPR channel, especially when they have musical guests. I'm stuck with the on-line feed for that one program. And even then, I have to spend 15-20-minutes/show to clean up all of the drop-outs in the 128kbps ASX stream.

(Any wonder I've stopped recommending satellite radio to anyone?)

To accidentally bring this post back on-topic, anyone hear anything from the XM Tuner developers regarding the 404 errors?

Paint
03-12-2011, 10:16 AM
xmtuner is on and off all morning now won't record on AV....ugh. Oh well, hope someone finds a solution or I think I will just cancel it all.

geoffmc4
03-15-2011, 07:16 AM
I have a question regarding this......I have a Sirius TTR1 internet radio......any idea on how I can "plug it into my sound card"? I'm thinking this may work for me if/when that day comes and the XMTuner solution stops working.

Hask

CharlieSummers
03-16-2011, 04:21 AM
I have a question regarding this......I have a Sirius TTR1 internet radio......any idea on how I can "plug it into my sound card"? I'm thinking this may work for me if/when that day comes and the XMTuner solution stops working.

Should have a line-out (for connecting the radio to an external amplifier) - using a cable, plug the line-out into your computer's line-in.

geoffmc4
03-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Should have a line-out (for connecting the radio to an external amplifier) - using a cable, plug the line-out into your computer's line-in.

Ahhhh...of course, shame on me for assuming it would be more complicated than that. Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
03-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks Charlie!

Geoff - glad you're alright now! :-)

tony_b
03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Is anyone having issues with XM Tuner? When I go to the folder where Replay AV records to, sometimes I get a recording that lasts a minute and a half file, sometimes I get nothing. When I say I get nothing, I mean there is a file, but the file will not play. Just wondering if XM Tuner logging off is a problem. The show I record comes on an hour before I get up, so I leave the computer with XM Tuner and Replay AV on 24/7.

The last time that I got a sucessful recording was 3/1/11

dj_paige
03-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I am having problems with XMTuner, but not as bad as you describe. Sometimes, XMTuner plays and records properly for several days in a row, other times, it "Times Out" after two hours. More often than not, my unattending recordings work via XMTuner and Replay AV.

bluespire
03-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Strange that everyone is having problems. I am running xmtuner in service mode. I have to restart it after my computer sleeps, but otherwise, I have noticed no problems. I think Replay AV crashed on me a couple of times a few weeks ago after leaving it on for days on my server, but I can't remember. Since I am running xmtuner in service mode, I have no idea if it is getting 404 errors on anything. I am catching mms streams outputted by xmtuner. My quality is execellent.

I HAVE notice the quality isn't as good via the web interface, but then again that is on my work computers with crappy streamed Citrix, so my perception has always been of bad quality, but I have been getting constant dropout and artifacts via the web interface. It really started ticking me off.

bobabooey
03-23-2011, 07:45 AM
I am seeing that XM Tuner is receiving an "error 404" while trying to record with AV. Any idea if uninstalling and reinstalling AV and XM Tuner might do the trick?

thilt
03-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Nothing has recorded for me in two days. XM tuner server seems to be running ok. Program log says "connecting to host failed."

thilt
03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Looks like xmtuner changed at least some URLs. Seems to be back working,

Jeff Lenney
03-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Looks like xmtuner changed at least some URLs. Seems to be back working,

Let's hope so :-)

UndeaD
03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I have been recording flawlessly using the XM Tuner method since the first time it was mentioned on here. it has never missed a show, I think maybe some of you haven't set it up correctly.

steevp
03-29-2011, 11:41 AM
XM Tuner has worked here for a month or so, but now breaks the same way others are reporting in this thread.

I'm cancelling my Sirius account today, if I can't time shift the shows into my car it's useless to me.

ncustard
03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
They should try out what Pyxis (command line Sirius for Ubuntu) has done for the login and play. It works great and plays for hours and hours without a timeout.

http://ionshard.com/pyxis

Its a great FREE program. It will record now but its not on a timer. I guess a script could be set up to start and stop recording a certain times based on a schedule.

jtschinkel
04-01-2011, 07:15 AM
I have been recording flawlessly using the XM Tuner method since the first time it was mentioned on here. it has never missed a show, I think maybe some of you haven't set it up correctly.

I concur. I have not had an issue recording since the xmTuner was presented. Actually, I like the ability to pick up the stream on othe wireless device on my network. The only thing I have done was to dedicate an IP from my router to the xmtuner server computer so it grabs the same IP when it restarts.

CharlieSummers
04-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Usually when Sirius/XM changes their log-in procedure Replay AV has a solution within a few days or so.

SiriusXM didn't change their log-in procedures. They created a completely new flash-based streaming system with all of the attached technical and legal issues. While I appreciate (and share!) your frustration at certain things Applian is (or is not) doing, there isn't much the users of this board can do to help you.

If you want to vent frustration, I strongly urge you to contact Applian customer support...they are the only ones who can do anything about the issue. Those of us here are only interested in working around the problems SiriusXM created when they completely changed their streaming system.

(I kinda hate being in the position of sounding like I'm always defending Applian, but here we need to help each other understand what happened and work around the problems, while each of us deal with Applian directly with our complaints or concerns.)

I have degrees in computer science and math

Unfortunately, that doesn't imply skills in simple research. I don't have degrees in those disciplines, and yet handily found the information shortly after the issue presented.

I constantly get the following error:

"Error 404 - failed to load"

Everyone using XM Tuner is receiving the following error:

11:17:13 Loading program guide...
11:17:13 Error: 404 - Not Found
11:17:13 Failed to load program guide data (will retry).

This error has nothing to do with accessing streams, and is explained completely at the developer's website on the blog. (http://blog.xmtuner.net/?p=28) While I wish he would fix this (hundreds of people sending the same bad request every 30-seconds, while not constituting a DoS, is still pretty rude), it isn't fatal and doesn't prevent you from accessing the program streams, or capturing them with Replay A/V.

The point is; Applian should not be relying on users and third-party applications to provide functionality they supposedly support.

I can't argue that, but complaints about Applian's business practices should be made to them directly through customer support, since this user board is designed to allow us to help each other work around whatever issues come up.

FWIW, the only issue I've had is the XM Tuner service occasionally turning itself off; this is an issue known by the developers (see the posts in this thread by one of the developers), and one that happens rarely enough that an occasional restart of the service works around that issue. Otherwise, I haven't missed any recordings (actually stream captures, but for those of us old enough to have reel-to-reel equipment in working order, it's hard to change old terminology).

Truth is, I like the advantages of running XM Tuner so much if Applian provided a direct option tomorrow I'd probably stick with XM Tuner anyway. Anyone in the house can listen to any channel they wish on their own computers simply by accessing the integrated web server and clicking the Play link at their selection, without interfering with Replay A/V's recording schedule. One computer runs XM Tuner, all the machines in the house can access whatever SiriusXM music or talk programming they wish. Kinda cool, really.

CharlieSummers
04-01-2011, 09:40 AM
I guess a script could be set up to start and stop recording a certain times based on a schedule.

cron should work just fine, I would think, so long as there is a length-of-recording switch. May have to see if it can be compiled to RH Enterprise, and play with it on the company server... ;)

Edit: Nevermind about the compiling, it's an interpreted python script.

DVoeltz
04-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Anyone having problems recording this morning (4/11/2011)? I'm running this on two computers so I have a back up and this morning, both failed to record from XM202. I restarted XM Tuner and AV but no luck. Couldn't even get any sound when I tried to play the show directly using XM tuner. I can log onto XM and get it to play using their player. Has the plug been pulled on us?

geoffmc4
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
I've been using this work around since the issue came up, without any problem. I don't know or care what the log says as long as what I wanted captured is captured. Charlie has done a lot of research, and if you read through the thread here from the beginning, I think he explains what the problem is. Now, if I had just purchased Replay AV and it stopped working I might be a little annoyed, but I've been using it for probably close to 2 years now, and it has been great. If it stops working tomorrow through XM Tuner, then I'd have to say I got my money's worth. Now, maybe they should change the website to reflect the tenuos nature of the softwre's ability to actually record Sirius streams, but that's just one thing they claim to be able to do. Either way, as Charlie has said, you're violating your Sirius XM user agreement by recording in the first place, even if its just for your personal use.

hask
04-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Anyone having problems recording this morning (4/11/2011)? I'm running this on two computers so I have a back up and this morning, both failed to record from XM202. I restarted XM Tuner and AV but no luck. Couldn't even get any sound when I tried to play the show directly using XM tuner. I can log onto XM and get it to play using their player. Has the plug been pulled on us?

Try changing the URL builder from HTTP to MMS.

Hask

Cheryl Wester
04-12-2011, 06:20 AM
I don't see 202 in the channel list in XMTuner. I'm testing other stations and they are working without an issue. Have you tried a different station. Thanks.

CharlieSummers
04-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Anyone having problems recording this morning (4/11/2011)?

Nope; worked fine for me yesterday and this morning. But since I don't record 202, I'd suggest there was an issue with that channel yesterday on the old Akamai streams that XM Tuner accesses (but not on the flash-based new streams). Is it working this morning?

I don't see 202 in the channel list in XMTuner.

You're looking at Sirius OnLine; The Virus is on 202 on the XM streamset. The online services try to mirror the channel lineup of the satellite service to which one subscribes; if you get a 7-day demo account for XM (http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial?partnerCode=xmrous) instead of Sirius, you'll see the XM channel lineup which includes The Virus on 202 (and 133 is XM Public Radio, home of The Bob Edwards Show).

Edit: Just checked, and 202 is working this morning. Guess it was a transient error.

kev333d
04-16-2011, 03:21 AM
If it stops working tomorrow through XM Tuner, then I'd have to say I got my money's worth. Bam, you got it. Dunzo Pal. 4/15/11 11:59pm..... thats when it stopped for me I think.... have not been able to login to siriusxm through either software the Replay AV and the XM Tuner I started this thread some time ago, it has about 75,000 views......this looks like the end???????

Cheryl Wester
04-16-2011, 06:46 AM
In testing it is working and recording for me at the present time.

thilt
04-16-2011, 07:22 AM
None of my shows recorded this morning. XMtuner is running but every channel I tune to gives message "error fetching stream. See log for more details." Log has no additional details. Anyone know what's up?

thilt
04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Seems to be working now.

CharlieSummers
04-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Seems to be working now.

Yeah, you need to routinely restart the XMTuner. I use the service, but the app shouldn't be particularly different; the log file (especially with the 404's constantly added to it) gets rather large, and XMTuner seems particularly susceptible to disk issues like large files, small free space, etc.

I try to restart the server every morning. This morning I forgot, and checking the XMTuner Service Control the server had turned itself off. Manually restarting it and then starting the recording manually solved that problem (although this morning's recording started a few minutes' late).

And, of course, it's Windows, so for those of us who keep our machines busy, it's always a good idea to restart the entire computer every few days.

Any time I get frustrated because a recording starts late, I remember the old bromide: "The miracle isn't how well the bear dances, it's that the bear dances at all."

CharlieSummers
04-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't suppose anyone knows if the channel numbers are going to be changing on the old streams we're currently using...?

refmon
05-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't suppose anyone knows if the channel numbers are going to be changing on the old streams we're currently using...?

Since the current streams I use reference the channel number in them I assume we will, at the very least, need to generate new URLs to enter in to ReplayAV.

I plan on checking things after midnight on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I've also posted a question on this topic over at sourceforge in the XMTuner forum.