PDA

View Full Version : themagicsession.com: FLV Recording Issue From A Secure RTMP Stream

gBushi
04-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm unable to properly record a RTMP streamed lecture from a site that is using livestream.com to host its video. The stream itself is appears to be comprised of 8 separate secure video streams linked end to end for a total of about 1hr 12m. I know this because I get a secure recording prompt as each segment begins to play.

My problem is that only the first segment is getting captured exactly as played during the stream. The remaining 7 segments, while all captured completely, all have a problem somewhere in the first 30-60 seconds on the resulting FLV file. During the first 30-60 seconds of FLV playback, the video portion will stop/pause and the audio portion will restart from the beginning. Once the audio has caught back up to the paused video, the video will then restart from the beginning and play fast-forward style until it too returns back to the point where it originally paused. From that point on, the remainder of that FLV segment appears to play normally to the end.

I tried using the FLV Fix tool, but that only resulted in the problem FLV files playing in a slightly less erratic way. After using the FLV Fix tool, the video and audio play normally to that same point where they were pausing before, and then both the video and audio now simultaneously restart back to the beginning (instead of separately as before FLV Fix was applied). The FLV file then plays in full to the end.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and how to fix it?

Thanks.

demotester
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
george, sounds complicated. let's remind ourselves that this place here is AUF (or FAC). A public place of Applian users. If you need some prompt and founded answer i have good experience with submitting a support ticket. You may wanna submit a support ticket.

gBushi
04-05-2011, 11:24 AM
The site that I'm streaming is TheMagicSession.com. So far, I've experienced the problem with the videos in the "On Demand" section @ http://themagicsession.com/on-demand. It is a public site, but I think you need to create a profile (which is free) to access the content.

I'll submit a ticket, but I wanted to reach out to anyone that may have had the problem and possibly fixed it.

Thanks for the reply!

stream-recorder.com
04-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Did you fix duration, or time, or both using the Fix FLV Tool?
Also have you tried to disable the Super RTMP Download?

gBushi
04-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Fixing the duration seemed to have no effect on playback at all regardless of whether or not I used it in conjunction with fixing the time. Fixing the time, on the other hand, is what changed the FLV so that the audio and video will at least stay in sync when the initial unwanted restart occurs during playback.

Yes, I did try disabling Super RTMP Download, but that too didn't appear to have any effect.