PDA

View Full Version : RMC4 has stopped capturing/detecting media!

Duncan
04-04-2011, 06:27 PM
I recently started using RMC 4 and it was great...captured many videos and streams for few months. But now it does work at all, when it is active and have set it to record it does not pick up when i am playing any videos. I have tried all the sites and types of stuff i was downloading previously but nothing seem to get it to start..??

I really have no idea what problem could be, maybe a setting or something? or could it be blocked somehow, maybe by my ISP, i did downloads lots and lots of streams?

Any help would be great about what the problem is or how to find out what it could be?

thanks

Jeff Lenney
04-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Good evening Duncan

Please CLEAR your browser cache, delete your cookies and let us know if this assists with the issue. When doing media recording, it's good to get into the habit of doing this a few times per week. :)

stream-recorder.com
04-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Can you record from youtube?

demotester
04-05-2011, 02:40 AM
maybe a setting or something? or could it be blocked somehow, maybe by my ISP, i did downloads lots and lots of streams?
If you test a simple youtube url and RMC4 doesnt capture the stream anymore, then i would follow the following steps:
STEP1. Assume that nothing and nobody has started blocking you. You can bet that your ISP is not involved in this matter. Believe me! They are innocent. Hehe.
STEP2. Assume that something general has gone corrupt on your system. Not necessarily a setting in RMC.
STEP3. Deinstall RMC4 (and deinstall other unnessary software from your PC too) and do some further cleaning, incl. clearing the browser cache (\Temporary Internet Files\, \Temp\). Then reboot your machine. Finally install a new copy of RMC4 on your PC. Install it into the same directory where RMC4 was previously installed in.
STEP4. If RMC4 still doesnt work, look up the RMC4 help documentation and go through the help items regarding "Troubleshooting" and or "FAQ's". The help file should be able to address and resolve your issue. That's what help documentation is meant for. Go for it!!
STEP5. If the help documentation is good, then you should find extensive and detailed and helpful "Troubleshooting" and or "FAQ's" help items. Otherwise it is an insatisfactory help file. In the latter case file a complaint against Applian. I will second your complaint. We will set them under pressure to publish better, more extensive and more helpful help documentation :D
STEP6. Go into debug mode and save the logs. Attach the logs to your support ticket. Applian support team will tell you in detail how you do step6.

In my opinion, there should be no need for this thread (or even for this whole support forum). IMHO problems should be resolvable simply by studying the help documentation. The help file should be able to help when a user runs into unexpected program behaviour.

Jeff, who's the responsible for writing the RMC help file? :)
We need the individual's name, phone number, email address, etc. so that we know whom to *i**.

:o

Duncan
04-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you everybody @demotester @Jeff Lenney and @Stream-Recoder

Clearing the cache had no effect....still couldnot find any streams or videos that would trigger RMC to download.....you tube doesnt...nothing does ;-(

I will try re installing the program that seem worth a try ;-)

Regarding the need for this forum....i d just like to say thanks again for the help and that for myself and i expect many other we dont really understand the computers and programs we use....(and yes that a poor effort by myself)....but often its just a lack of experience and actual terms and instruction can be really tough to use.....actual forum advice that is two way really helps out people like me i think

Cheers

Duncan
04-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Oh this is going from bad to worse regarding the mess i am in with the program....i could not uninstall RMC....its would get half way and the and error would occur saying it could not uninstall. SO i just attempted to re installing it anyway and that gave me options to repair or uninstall and neither of those worked either....the same error message kept stopping the install.uninstall /repair "Error1001" unable to get types in the c:\program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher4 \amr.dll assembly --> Unable to load one or more of the requested types. retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information"

I cant fix it or remove it.....???

LOL....but the good news is that i did read through lots of the help and guide stuff.....ticked and ran debug mode and now it seems to work ;-) So i guess i dont need to remove it.....it is odd that i cant though!

demotester
04-06-2011, 06:28 PM
what a weird thread this is, lol!
(i never experienced any uninstalling problems on my WindowsXP-sp3 systems. but i heard that others do have the same problem like you. people on this forum.)

stream-recorder.com
04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
"Error1001" unable to get types in the c:\program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher4 \amr.dll assembly --> Unable to load one or more of the requested types. retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information"
I can not uninstall / repair Replay Media Catcher 4.09 - Error 1001