PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you use Last.fm & Replay Music template for tagging? Does it work??

stevecon
04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
One question:

Do all songs tag and tag correctly if recording a Last.Fm stream and using the Last.Fm template? (as outlined below)?

A bunch of you have read about my frustration with incorrect/missing tag data when recording Last.Fm with a template as directed on:

http://www.applian.com/replay-music/support/user_guide300.php

The section called: "Configuring Replay Music (Settings)" (about 3/4 of the way down the page). Below is what it says there:

Tag with Template: Replay Music does a great job of automatically tagging tracks for you, but sometimes you may want to take the tag data directly from the browser. Some online music sites will list the track information in the browser's title bar for each individual track that is currently playing. If you'd like Replay Music to get its track information directly from the browser's title area, enable this setting along with the format that the site uses. For example, Last.fm prints the artist and song title information in the browser title area like this %A-%T-Last.fm. As always, %A=Artist, %T=Title of song, %a=Album. This will work with any website that lists the track tag information in the browser title bar.

Does it work for you??

Thanks!

bjohnson
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Yes, finally, this would be exactly what I was looking for but fortunately, the "Tag with Template" with %A-%T-Last.fm doesn't work. Maybe the format has changed since this was first working. I have an idea! I have been part of a large Open Source development community in the past that help with projects to reach their full potential. Many of us would be willing to provide the code to read the "artist", "album" and "track" information from the browser pages but the problem is synching with the Replay Music program to know when to read the data and when update the file name. Wish you guys would setup an Open Source development community that would let us help you stay up-to-date with changes to the page format.