PDA

View Full Version : hrtvlive.com - choppy flv files with rmc4

Finnvara
03-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I had a complete computer crash and had to restore everything from scratch. I installed both rmc3 and rmc4 (in the past I found it useful to have both). I'm having a couple of problems.

RMC4 is working great for everything except for streaming video from HRTVLive (http://www.hrtvlive.com/hrtv/console.jsp?username=****). It will record the FLV no problem but when I try to play it, it's really choppy - just a series of frozen screens, really. BUT - when I record the same thing with RMC3, it's just fine. I did try converting a file to DVD MPEG2 to see if that would fix it, but it didn't - it was just the same.

Secondly, RMC3 used to work with this site when I used IE8, but now it only works with Firefox4.

I'll be happy using either RMC3 (if I can get it to work with IE8) or RMC4 (if it can safe streaming files that aren't choppy)

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Finnvara
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
A little more information - I checked, and both IE8 and Firefox are using Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1.

In rmc4, when I unchecked "enable super download", it recorded hrtvlive much better, though it's still stuttery. RMC3 works much better.

Sigh. Help!

Thanks!

stream-recorder.com
03-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Since hrtvlive.com offers a paid subscription, I suggest you to submit a support ticket and include your login/password.

Finnvara
03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
The problem isn't with HRTV - it worked fine for me last week before my computer crash, and I can record it from Firefox. It's some setting with IE8 that isn't working now. Could it be a codec? Something else?

Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
03-29-2011, 12:02 AM
The problem isn't with HRTV - it worked fine for me last week before my computer crash, and I can record it from Firefox. It's some setting with IE8 that isn't working now. Could it be a codec? Something else?

Thanks.

Could be a codec, you're right. Hard to say though. Before your pc crashed, were you using ie8 as well? If so - you might just need to re-install software or codec packs...

stream-recorder.com
03-29-2011, 12:51 AM
What player do you use to play your recordings? I usually play FLV files with Applian FLV Player or KMPlayer. I had lots of problems with VLC recently.

Finnvara
03-30-2011, 07:14 AM
I usually use FLV, but I tried Applian FLV Player and had the same problem.

Actually, I can live with using RMC3 to capture the videos - I just really want it to work in IE8, not just Firefox. Any ideas what the default install of Firefox would have that IE8 wouldn't?

Thanks!

stream-recorder.com
03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't use I.E. But you can play with its security settings or/and UAC.