PDA

View Full Version : Napster recording problem

SYMBYAX
03-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Here's whats going on I have the Napster software installed on my PC Windows 7 I'm a long time user of RM never had a problem. A few days ago Rm stopped recording from Napster doesnt seem to hear it but when I use Napster from the Internet login it will record but my internet version of napster skips so the song don't sound right would like to get it going again with the napster software thats installed on the PC rather than the internet version any ideas ? I have everything set as default

Nullgrad
04-05-2011, 05:41 AM
I have nothing but trouble with the Napster software installed on all 3 of my PC's, I now open Napster using Firefox and it performs 100% better.For as long as I can remember the Napster software has always been subject to freezing on my PC's.
Make sure you open the browser first then open RM. Sometimes if it fails to recognise that Napster is running a PC reboot usually solves that problem.
As regards the sound skipping that could be an issue with your sound card, I have 2 soundcards on my main PC and sometimes Windows picks them up alternatively as the default soundcard.
I have done some slight tweaking with the RM settings and it now picks up the track info when using Firefox. Previously it used to miss most of the info. (see my post on the Jethro Tull's Aqualung song missing the opening few bars).

Cheryl Wester
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Also, we do recommend you use the web based version of the program for recording from Napster. This is due to how they stream and the quality of the stream.

Nullgrad
04-10-2011, 02:54 AM
By "using the web based version of the program" do you mean Napster or RM ? is there a web based version of RM ?

Cheryl Wester
04-10-2011, 12:01 PM
web based version of Napster. Thanks