PDA

View Full Version : Unusable files after dropped Skype calls

wtf_kenneth
03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Skype calls disconnect from time to time. When that happens, the Replay file re: that call cannot play. It lists (with time/size) normally... but won't play at all inside the viewer (WMP) (black screen, no progress bar). Is there a way to retrieve these files and make them usable?

wtf_kenneth
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM
These unusable files display in Replay files list, same as good files... in Windows Explorer, however, they either shows black thumbnail, or do not show a thumbnail at all, but rather the .avi icon.

My PC has I has .avi associated with Windows Media Player... clicking on the file-icon (in Windows Explorer) only returns a message box "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec th as used to compress the file." (of course, it's the same file type and codec as used on 'good' recordings....")

As in my original post, these files seem to the those which suffered a premature Skype disconnect.

Ok, how I wish I could restore them - (and/or prevent them from getting lost again!)

:-) Thanks!

Kaelin
10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
I have the same question. Skype crashed and the Replay file wasn't closed properly. Is there any way to get it to run?

Cheryl Wester
10-30-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm afraid there is not a way to get the file back.