floydj
09-27-2008, 08:02 PM
I saw the following this evening:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080927/tc_nm/us_web_video_adobetech_3

Floyd

Jeff Lenney
09-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey Floyd

Yeah I saw that too on yahoo, and of course reuters.

Amazon was actually able to patch that 'security hole' a few hours before the article was released, so for the time being (unfortunately) Replay Media Catcher is not able to record from Amazon. We are, of course, working on that, however.

In the meantime, you might want to check out WM Capture (http://www.WMRecorder.com/download.php), which is a screen capture tool that works with both xp and vista. You would need to stream the whole video to record it however.

Thanks for posting that up. :-)

MatthewC1000
09-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Finally, Applian, is getting some recognition! [ APPLAUSE ]
Go ahead, do your victory dance. Celebrate a little. Brag a little. :rolleyes:

Just wanna say: Applian is freaking awesome! Never used Amazon to view video before so, thanks, floid :)

MatthewC1000
09-28-2008, 09:29 AM
APPLIAN, please, PLEASE create an update to resolve this issue...floyd...
you rock man! I had no idea you can view these shows of AMAZON for free notheless download them btw, WM Capture does not work on this site either, only captures the 1st 2 minutes. :(

Applian is clearly the BOMB (Translation: THE BEST) ....nothing comes close! :)

I believe that amazon blocks the applian port to downloading the stream so, this could very well be fixed soon :)

Tasha Heinlein
09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
you rock man! I had no idea you can view these shows of AMAZON for free notheless download them btw, WM Capture does not work on this site either, only captures the 1st 2 minutes. :(

I believe that amazon blocks the applian port to downloading the stream so, this could very well be fixed soon :)

Thanks for the praise. The developer is looking at getting a fix in place...Your patience is appreciated!! If you were using the demo mode of WM Capture, I believe it is limited to 2 minutes.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Jeff Lenney
09-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Tasha is correct...the wm capture demo is limited to 2 minutes only. Also, it does not 'grab' the stream, but rather records whats on your screen..so you would need to rent the movie from amazon in order to stream/record the whole thing.

At any rate, this is something we're looking into, but as of now I can't be more specific than that and I don't have an eta unfortunately.

Thank you ALL for your praise, and of course your patience...and don't forget to tell your friends about our cool products. ;-)

Tasha Heinlein
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM

It occurred to me you could be referring to the article that stated you could capture the entire video on Amazon by watching the preview...this is not the case anymore..hope that clears up any confusion!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.