PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament-MMOD won't record

Sam Sport
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
It goes for a very short time then stops. Has anyone been able to get it to work. Any tips are appreciated.

Jeff Lenney
03-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi Sam - specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

Sam Sport
03-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi Sam - specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

Yes, Its:
http://www.ncaa.com/mmod/player/console.html?gameID=102
Once you're on this page you have to click "replay" and then click "play" in the video window to start the game. Thanks

Jeff Lenney
03-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Hi Sam,

I tested the first game i saw - http://www.ncaa.com/mmod/player/console.html?gameID=102 - it recorded immediately with no problem for me. Are you able to record from OTHER sites, youtube for example?

stream-recorder.com
03-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Can't play it.

Try to go to Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks and set the RTMP recording mode (instead of RTMP downloading)

Sam Sport
03-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Can't play it.

Try to go to Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks and set the RTMP recording mode (instead of RTMP downloading)

Are you referring to version 4? I'm using version 3.11. Does it have this setting. I don't find it. I prefer this version because it allows me to keep the original file name rather than generically renaming files to "new". Also in settings I don't havesuper download enabled.
By the way, yes I can record off of Youtube no problem. What happened to me was the MMOD game would start recording for a few seconds and then stop with an error icon in front of it.
Thanks for help on this.

stream-recorder.com
03-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Sorry for not making it clear. I have both RMC 3.11 and RMC 4 installed. Don't remember the last time I was using RMC 3.x, since there was so much progress that I really like. One of the best features is that RMC 4 can capture RTMP streams, while RMC 3.x can capture HTTP streams only. I was referring to this feature of RMC 4 in my previous post.

There are so many options of renaming files in RMC since v4.1.6:
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?5854-File-naming-works-bad-after-the-update&p=22951#post22951

If you can download a few seconds with RMC 3.11, then just try to close your web-browser (or just a web-browser tab) as soon as RMC detects the stream URL. If you still get an error, try to right-click on the recording and re-download it (again make sure not to play the video in your browser at the same time).

Sam Sport
03-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Sorry for not making it clear. I have both RMC 3.11 and RMC 4 installed. Don't remember the last time I was using RMC 3.x, since there was so much progress that I really like. One of the best features is that RMC 4 can capture RTMP streams, while RMC 3.x can capture HTTP streams only. I was referring to this feature of RMC 4 in my previous post.

There are so many options of renaming files in RMC since v4.1.6:
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?5854-File-naming-works-bad-after-the-update&p=22951#post22951

If you can download a few seconds with RMC 3.11, then just try to close your web-browser (or just a web-browser tab) as soon as RMC detects the stream URL. If you still get an error, try to right-click on the recording and re-download it (again make sure not to play the video in your browser at the same time).

I downloaded and installed RMC 4 but still get the same errors. Under RTMP Download Tweaks I checked "Always record rtmp streams(instead of downloading)". I started the game and it recorded only a tiny bit then gave the error message. The error message details are:
Recording of http://turner1.mmod2011-f.akamaihd.net/mmod_203_400@47274?v=1.2.17&fp=WIN%2010,1,82,76&r=XLQPB&g=OYXIZWQSKJBB&seek=5977&transferToken=qvrE7kzg&session=AQBIzFjNYq4cVm+8gk3Q3PpbSyamxOoOKPqPsN+8lB 5n4lxkkxPEnsHd2EIIssGpNiBs/7dE
Download file: Copy of [email protected]
Started at: 3/17/2011 8:59 PM
Queued for downloading
Starting HTTP download ...
Detecting file name ...
Detecting file name from page title ...
Detecting file name from page title ...
File name detection complete
Requesting download details ...
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
*** THIS SITE MAY USE ANTI-LEACH FEATURES. Enter mmod2011-f.akamaihd.net as a secure site with file extension flv under the Tools > Settings menu and try again. ***
Detecting file name from tags ...
Identifying Music ...
MusicDNS lookup is not supported for file type: .flv
No title tag could be extracted
File name detection complete
No extended title was found.
Performing extended title search
Performing extended title search ..
Performing extended title search ....
No extended title was found.
Complete with errors. Double click to view.
Should I have changed other settings? Did you succeed in recording for quite a while? Also I wondered which browser you used when it successfully downloaded. Thanks

stream-recorder.com
03-17-2011, 11:29 PM
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
*** THIS SITE MAY USE ANTI-LEACH FEATURES. Enter mmod2011-f.akamaihd.net as a secure site with file extension flv under the Tools > Settings menu and try again. ***
As you can see the log shows the answer to your questions. This is an HTTP stream, so you need to go to the HTTP Download Tweaks to change the settings mentioned in your log.

In RMC 3.11 you can use WebStreamDumper or VideoHistory to save such streams.

Did you succeed in recording for quite a while? Also I wondered which browser you used when it successfully downloaded.
I wasn't able to play the stream, so I wasn't able to record.

Sam Sport
03-18-2011, 11:57 AM
As you can see the log shows the answer to your questions. This is an HTTP stream, so you need to go to the HTTP Download Tweaks to change the settings mentioned in your log.

In RMC 3.11 you can use WebStreamDumper or VideoHistory to save such streams.

I wasn't able to play the stream, so I wasn't able to record.

Thanks for the reply but I'm completely at a loss as to what settings I would change in "HTTP Download Tweaks". Those settings are completely different than the settings you mentioned for RTMP. I looked in the VideoHistory but found only some fragments of very low bitrate recordings. These games are over 2 hours so unless I'm mistaken I don't think WebStreamDumper will work since I thought it was limited to 60 minutes.

In terms of the test link not working I'm not sure why you couldn't open it. I just tried it again:
http://www.ncaa.com/mmod/player/console.html?gameID=102
It opens a page for that game, then you have to click "replay" and when that video window opens you click the play arrow.
If you could give some more specific details on making RMC 4 or 3.11 work I'd appreciate it as whatever is in that error message leaves me completely in the dark. Thanks

stream-recorder.com
03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm not in the U.S. I tried a VPN with a U.S. IP address, but still can't play the video.

RMC 4 suggests to do the following:
Go to Tools -> Settings -> HTTP Download Tweaks and add

mmod2011-f.akamaihd.net
FLV
to the Secure site list.

In RMC 3.11:

Go to Tools -> Settings
Uncheck "Capture HTTP Media Streams"
Check "Web Stream Dumper"
Hit the "Close" button

Sam Sport
03-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not in the U.S. I tried a VPN with a U.S. IP address, but still can't play the video.

RMC 4 suggests to do the following:
Go to Tools -> Settings -> HTTP Download Tweaks and add

mmod2011-f.akamaihd.net
FLV
to the Secure site list.

In RMC 3.11:

Go to Tools -> Settings
Uncheck "Capture HTTP Media Streams"
Check "Web Stream Dumper"
Hit the "Close" button

I couldn't get RMC4 to work but if I was extremely careful not to disturb the browser streaming the game the webdumper would sometimes get parts of the game then stop with an error message and once a whole game. Thanks for trying to solve this I guess it would have been much easier frim within the USA.

Sam Sport
03-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I couldn't get RMC4 to work but if I was extremely careful not to disturb the browser streaming the game the webdumper would sometimes get parts of the game then stop with an error message and once a whole game. Thanks for trying to solve this I guess it would have been much easier frim within the USA.

After trying many times to get a whole game using the only thing that sort of worked I finally gave up. I got a whole game about 5% of the multiple times I would start and restart the game in the browser. Sometimes I would get what looked like it should be the whole game (size 1.5gb) but often the playback showed video for a few minutes then went black. The MMOD interface is so incredibly not up to the task. The viewer is constantly bombarded with the final score. They can't resize the size to fit their TV or monitor. No easy or accurate frame advance, no slow motion. Things even the worst pvrs or even VCR's have. So not being able to download or record the games from the internet is a regrettable failure.

stream-recorder.com
03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Sometimes I would get what looked like it should be the whole game (size 1.5gb) but often the playback showed video for a few minutes then went black.
Try to fix your FLV recordings:
http://www.applian.com/faq-pro/index.php?action=article&cat_id=003&id=86&lang=

Randy Duke
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I need a HUGE HUGE HUGE favor for any of you guys that recorded the stream for today. I need a specific part, its very small. the post game of Kentucky/UNC. if you can help me out or point me in the right direction PLEASE do so. its really important that Im able to get this. Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate it.

Jeff Lenney
03-29-2011, 12:13 AM
I need a HUGE HUGE HUGE favor for any of you guys that recorded the stream for today. I need a specific part, its very small. the post game of Kentucky/UNC. if you can help me out or point me in the right direction PLEASE do so. its really important that Im able to get this. Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate it.

You're not able to record it yourself? Replay Media Catcher should be able to, so should Replay Video Capture...