PDA

View Full Version : Command line conversion not working as advertized

mmsood99
03-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Using the command below, I expected the mpg file to be converted to mp3 (i.e. audio extraction) silently.

DOS>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay Converter 4\ReplayConverter.exe" ?test.mpg?test.mp3?MP3-128?Q

Instead, Replay Converter opens with everything after (and including) the first '?' being listed as a filename

I was using instructions from the user guide, though the syntax with question marks seems odd.

--Andrew

stream-recorder.com
03-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Haven't found any command line instructions in the Replay Converter 4 user guide (http://www.applian.com/replay-converter/support/user_guide4.php). Not sure whether Replay Converter 4 supports command line parameters or not.

Jeff Lenney
03-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi Andrew,

I wasn't aware that Replay Converter was using command lines now... would you mind providing a link to the instructions/user guide you're reading?

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
Technical Support
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Cheryl Wester
03-12-2011, 09:10 AM
I have checked with the developer and was told it does not.

geobrick
05-29-2011, 12:02 AM
I've been trying to do this too because the ConverterEng.exe program used by replay AV 8 is only creating files 1 min and 32 sec long (from an hour recording). I tried several things but eventually Applian support said I'll need to convert the files manually with replayconverter until a new version is released.

So I searched for a command line option and found this at http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/user_guide_800.php
---------------------------
Custom Conversion Options
For Advanced Users Only!

With Replay A/V, you have the ability to automatically convert recordings using any command line conversion utility you choose. The conversions are done after the recording has finished. Replay A/V comes with several built-in conversions already, and you can create your own as well. Here's how to do it:

1.Locate a "command line" utility that performs the conversion you'd like to add to Replay A/V.
2.Make a .cnv file, or look at one of the ones in the Replay A/V program files folder under the Conversions subfolder.
3.Fill in each line in the .cnv file.
Here's a sample CNV file used to convert to 128 Kbps MP3 using Replay Converter::

[Custom Conversion]
name=Audio - MP3 (128 Kbps)
from=ANYto=MP3
exe=ReplayConverter.exe
cmd=ReplayConverter.exe ?%from?%to?MP3-128?Q
fromext=ANY
toext=mp3
itunes=1

Each line has a parameter that Replay A/V reads to perform conversions. Here's what they are:

◦name - The name of the conversion as it appears in the menus.
◦from - This must say "ANY".
◦to - The format name to appear as an After Recording, Convert to setting (see here).
◦exe - The name of the command line converter EXE file. This EXE file must reside in the Replay A/V program files folder.
◦cmd - The command to pass to the conversion utility EXE file. In the command, you can have "%outfolder" as the output folder, "%from" as the full path name to the source file, "%to" as the full path name to the destination output file, "%name" as the name of the show, and "%episode" as the name and date of the show.
◦fromext - This must say "ANY".
◦toext - The filename extension of the destination output file.
◦itunes - Set this to "1" if the output is capable of being copied to iTunes.
--------------------------------------------------

mmsood99 is exactly right about what happens when you try it. It would be nice if it worked.