PDA

View Full Version : Erratic recording

irishwalsh
02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
I am using ReplayAV8 version 8.82 on a Windows 7 platform. I have a couple of radio stations that previously recorded correctly, but do not do so now. The program connects to the station and it starts streaming and recording, but it cuts out and an error message pops up about no sound. Very shortly, it starts working again. The pattern continues for the entire length of the program At the end, the recording is not saved.

Today, I stopped the recording and then listened to the same program with the same URL (http://tx.sharp-stream.com/tune.php?c=midlands103&.wvx) directly through my browser with no problem at all. That leads me to believe that the problem is with Replay. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

irishwalsh
02-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I should have added that the browser is Firefox and the broadcast opens in a new tab and plays without a problem. I can also listen to it using Internet Explorer, but there it opens Windows Media Player (as does ReplayAV) and plays without a problem.

irishwalsh
02-26-2011, 11:52 AM
One last piece of information: If I just tell ReplayAV to "Tune to Station" without trying to record, it plays the station just fine.

Cheryl Wester
02-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Are you using audio capture or stream capture? Often the link for a stream capture is different than the link for an audio capture. I did just record using stream capture your link without a problem. go to Shows-add show manually. Enter your URL and do a record now.

irishwalsh
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
That seems to be working for that station. How do I tell which ones are "capture by recording audio output..." and which ones are "capture by downloading streams"? I have a couple that are working with "capture by recording audio output".