PDA

View Full Version : Applian Network Driver - Why?

dshuck
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Hello:

Why is it necessary for your products to install a Network Driver onto my System and what specifically is its purpose?

Additionally, what happens if I disable it?

I have never seen an End-User application install a network driver into the Host Network Stack, not even a firewall. The only exception to this that I have seen is a "packet sniffer" or "network analyzer" and neither of these would be used full-time on an End-Users PC, it's a security RISK.

stream-recorder.com
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
It is used to detect stream URLs and to capture streams. If you don't like it, you may use Replay Media Catcher 3.11 instead of Replay Media Catcher 4.

Jeff Lenney
02-15-2011, 11:38 PM
It is used to detect stream URLs and to capture streams. If you don't like it, you may use Replay Media Catcher 3.11 instead of Replay Media Catcher 4.

On another note - On some systems, once you install the latest version of RMC, you may see a warning that Spyware has been loaded onto your PC. You can safely ignore this warning. RMC needs to monitor the network traffic to your PC to record -- this is similar to what some Spyware programs do, and Windows may not be able to tell them apart.

Replay Media Catcher does not:

* Capture anything other than video or audio streams.
* Send or capture any personal information.