PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Quality On Converted Videos

CyberSprocketLabs
03-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I have a few high resolution videos that are in 720P Quicktime (.mov) format.

When I convert to WMV format so I can view them on my TiVo they become significantly pixelized and the audio quality is noticeably different from the original .mov file.

The .mov is 290MB and the resulting WMV afer using Replay Converter is only 40MB with the highest possible converter settings (450k output w/ all the output tweaked such as 30fps / 44800 audio sample rate, etc.).

How do I retain most (if not all) of the original quality of the .mov file but repackage it in a .mov wrapper?

Jeff Lenney
03-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I have a few high resolution videos that are in 720P Quicktime (.mov) format.

When I convert to WMV format so I can view them on my TiVo they become significantly pixelized and the audio quality is noticeably different from the original .mov file.

The .mov is 290MB and the resulting WMV afer using Replay Converter is only 40MB with the highest possible converter settings (450k output w/ all the output tweaked such as 30fps / 44800 audio sample rate, etc.).

How do I retain most (if not all) of the original quality of the .mov file but repackage it in a .mov wrapper?

Hi,

So you're converting FROM mov TO wmv, is that correct?

Which WMV option are you converting to (there are a few, smaller, better, middle, good, and high)

Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
Technical Support
Applian Technologies, Inc.

CyberSprocketLabs
03-11-2008, 06:19 PM
The setting is on high. I also tried maximizing the settings with the customize option.

Version 3.0 (beta) is better (800 sample rate) but still not great. The degradation between the original MOV and resulting output formats is significant, as is indicated by the significant decrease in the size of the final output file.

Cheryl Wester
03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
You can always adjust the bitrate in the edit settings. In version 3 right mouse click the format you are converting to and select edit. A dialog box will come up. Change the bitrate and see if that makes a difference for you.