PDA

View Full Version : Replay Video Capture: stuttering slide show recorded instead of smooth playback

G-SWSM
02-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi All.

I'm hoping that some other users out there might have a solution to my problem.

I have an issue with "Replay Video Capture". What seems to be happening is that if I try to record the screen from something such as youtube, I get a slide show effect as soon as I click to start up the Replay Video Capture program.

For example. I get to the page I want to record, I don't make the recording window any bigger, IE I don't maximize the youtube screen, I just leave it at the regular size. I then start up Replay Video Capture, but as soon as I do this, and before I even click on the "Get Window" button let alone the record button, the window that is playing the file starts to go into a stuttering slide show instead of smooth playback.

I'm hoping that you have a suggestion as to what can possibly be wrong.

PS I even tried with hardware acceleration off, no difference.

I purchased Replay Video Capture because I also want to record some of my favorite web-chat sites too.

I have submitted a ticket, and the helpful Cheryl is looking at it for me:cool:, but I was curious as to weather someone else has had this and managed to fix it?

I am running Win XP Pro 32, with 4GB of system RAM on a P4 3Ghz HT, and a Nvidea Geforce 7800 512Mb Graphics card

Jeff Lenney
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Good evening,

I used to have a 7800 - good card! :-)

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture, please try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

G-SWSM
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi.

Nope, still the same I'm afraid.

I might try the other one from the web site, I believe it looks like a newer version ?I'll let you know.

But, if you have any other thoughts, Please do let me know

Steve.