PDA

View Full Version : Getting "error: Couldn't Parse login page" trying to record Siruis!!!!! Please Help!!!

JJcbr10
01-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I am new to using Replay Av I got to record Stern. I got it installed and i seem to be able to record other internet radio. But when i try to setup the recordings for Siruis I keep getting (error:Couldn't Parse login page) And it driving me crazy I check my Siruis acct and i can login from my pc. I am using Replay AV 8.

Does anyone have an idea of whats wrong. Plz Help...LOL

Cheryl Wester
01-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Please make sure that your password is under 11 characters. I just checked and it is working without an error.

Flat_Timmy
01-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Cheryl,

Is the 10 character password maximum critical? I've had Replay for a year and a half and I've had the same siri password of more than 11 chars all along. I've had problems here and there (less than 5% of the time). But for the most part the software works well. It usually logs into siri without any difficulties.

Cheryl Wester
02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
If it is working for you then you are good to go.

jacob38028
02-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Mine hasn't been working since friday, any updates?

dlj9999
02-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Mine has stopped working this morning.

eridani013
02-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Mine appears to have stopped working as well.

jgrierden
02-07-2011, 07:19 AM
My Replay hasn't been able to login automatically to Sirius since Thursday afternoon. However, I CAN login manually to their media player.

mofowler
02-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm in the same boat, worked fine on Thursday morning and now getting the "error: Couldn't Parse Login page" error message.

Now I see there is another long thread here already on this issue and sounds like Applian is working on it.........

https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?6669-XM-or-Sirius-Login-issue-error-unable-to-connect-to-login-site

BIGDFONZ
02-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Same here. Once again, they are changing the player at Sirius. Any Idea on how long before it's fixed?

Cheryl Wester
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Please see this for a workaround while our developer works on this. http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/xm_tuner.php

Jeff Lenney
02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Good evening all,

As you're probably aware, we're very much aware of this issue and are looking into it with a high priority. As of now we do not have an ETA, however we will update the forum once we do.

Thank you VERY much for your patience, I understand this must be frustrating so I truly do appreciate that.

s4mb4
02-14-2011, 09:15 AM
THIS IS NOT A WORK AROUND....

if i leave the XM TUNER running, it will stop working as soon as i log into Sirius on my Blackberry or SqueezeCenter.

Cheryl Wester
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
At this point it is the only solution we have.

CharlieSummers
02-14-2011, 05:22 PM
THIS IS NOT A WORK AROUND....

Sure it is. It may not be a solution, but it's a workaround.

if i leave the XM TUNER running, it will stop working as soon as i log into Sirius on my Blackberry or SqueezeCenter.

Well, yeah...I mean, Sirius prevents you from logging in from more than one IP address at a time. Even in the old days, if you were listening on your Blackberry and Replay A/V started a scheduled recording, your Blackberry feed should have died. (But then, XM Tuner shouldn't allow multiple channel streams to run at the same time, either, so depending on applications used all bets may be off.)

A workaround to that completely separate problem is to schedule (using Windows Scheduler) the application version of XM Tuner to start two or three minutes before your recording is to start (so it performs a fresh log-in, but make sure you give it a minute or three to complete the login), then schedule a close on the application a minute or so after the recording is going to end. It's messy, but although I haven't tested any such thing, it should work.

There is a separate thread (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?6669-XM-or-Sirius-Login-issue-error-unable-to-connect-to-login-site) that deals in-depth with the most current login issue; this thread was for an earlier one that was previously resolved, so you should probably consider posting follow-ups to the newer thread.

ProperModulation
02-18-2011, 10:17 AM
At this point it is the only solution we have.

Is there any status update on a fix for this issue?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Not that I'm aware of. When we do have one it will be posted. Thanks.

danjfoley
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Can you please explain to me why the XM tuner app has no problem fixing itself and being able to tune into the sirus/xm channel, while you cannot?

If your developer cannot figure it out why not just hire the guy behind the xmtuner. He seems to have figured it out.

Cheryl Wester
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I am not the developer-he is looking into this. I don't know what it entails. I'm sure if he needs outside sources he is going to it. We would also like it updated and it will be if it can be. Thanks.

jamador
03-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I only just realized this issue, and my boss is livid, (he was looking forward to a month of Howard Stern recordings, only to find nothing had been recorded due to this error.) This error persists to this day, essentially a full month after it surfaced.

What exactly is the status of this problem?

rlc
03-04-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm also anxiously awaiting a fix for this, since my Stiletto crapped out and stopped being able to record shows nightly. I just downloaded the trial version of Replay A/V and was very disappointed to see that this problem exists. If it's fixed, I'd be more than happy to buy the full version.

Cheryl Wester
03-04-2011, 11:16 AM
The XMTuner works great as a workaround so if you haven't tried that do so.

rlc
03-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I tried the XMTuner and it didn't work. I can't recall the error message right now, I'm posting this from work...but doesn't this require you to be an XM subscriber? I realize the companies merged so I'm a little fuzzy on the details...but I was a Sirius subscriber before the merge. I have an online idea that works fine, but when I enter that ID and password in the XMTuner, it doesn't work. In addition, if I'm logging in through the XM tuner, aren't I coming in as an XM customer - meaning I might not have the same channel access as an original Sirius customer? My point is that I'm trying to record the Howard Stern show - and I know that XM customers need to pay a little extra to receive the Stern channels.

I'll try XMTuner again tonight and report on the exact error message, but I believe it was something to the effect that my login info wouldn't work there.

Cheryl Wester
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
The XMTuner works for both Sirius and for XM. You need to select what one you have when you enter your code.

jamador
03-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Our concern is that the developers will put a low priority on this ugly problem because there's a "workaround." People looking to purchase Applian Replay A/V who are looking for reviews will end up seeing that they'd paying X amount to be told to download someone else's software.

I can promise you I never would have bought Replay A/V if I knew that would be the case less than a year down the line.

Cheryl Wester
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
We are not responsible when a station changes how they stream. They do that all the time and we update as we can. The developer is still working on this but doesn't have another solution.

ProperModulation
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Our concern is that the developers will put a low priority on this ugly problem because there's a "workaround." People looking to purchase Applian Replay A/V who are looking for reviews will end up seeing that they'd paying X amount to be told to download someone else's software.

I can promise you I never would have bought Replay A/V if I knew that would be the case less than a year down the line.

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. This is a huge disappointment, and it's not looking too promising from what I read here. I know that it's SiriusXM that changed things but that doesn't make this any less disappointing for those of us that used this every day. And by the number of views for this thread I don't think we are alone.

kermit88
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi -

I've been having trouble recording Sirius with the AV catcher tool.

I've set up xmTuner, and have copied the URL into AV.

When AV tries to record, the status switches to "SAVING" then "CONNECTING". After about a minute, the process stops and the time I started stays on the screen.

In the absence of a upgraded version of AV, can we get a updated set of installation instructions? (please Cheryl!)

By the way, I love the applian toolset and can't wait until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Wester
03-09-2011, 06:10 PM
The directions are good and work as they say. You need to make sure that you have put your login info into the configure for either Sirius and XM. You need to have the program open and running while recording.

dj_paige
03-10-2011, 09:45 AM
For me, XMTuner simply "times out". I don't really know what that means, other than XMTuner has lost the capability to provide a stream. If I close XMTuner and restart it, then I get the stream and I can record.

Jeff Lenney
03-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi All,

We're still looking into this, I assure you - but at the moments our hands are a big tied unfortunately.

Thanks for hanging in there :)

Mdcuff
04-02-2011, 02:43 AM
I just purchased Replay AV and am trying to record sirius but am getting the same error "Couldn't parse login page" Please help! this was the only reason I bought Replay AV was to schedule and record sirius and I can't get it to work.

Thanks!
Jim

Jeff Lenney
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I just purchased Replay AV and am trying to record sirius but am getting the same error "Couldn't parse login page" Please help! this was the only reason I bought Replay AV was to schedule and record sirius and I can't get it to work.

Thanks!
Jim

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. If you continue to have an issue please contact tech support. http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/index.php

jamador
05-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Is the (lack of) tech support still going on strong re: a real solution to this problem? We're going on a few months now, and I'm willing to wager the programming team consists of more than two guys working with keyboards attached to a wheel of cheese.

Alternatively, you can just admit you'll never fix it, that you allow your program to be hobbled, and I'll be on my merry way and never bother you again. It wouldn't be the first time I paid for 100% and received 50%.

Cheryl Wester
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
It is being looked at-tech support does respond-it is not an easy solution and we don't know if there is going to be one or not.

roooo
05-05-2011, 07:14 AM
These forums are not a place to complain. They exist so that tech support and other users can interact around problems and resolutions. If you feel like b*tching or venting, please contact customer service directly. The issue with SiriusXM is not the fault of Applian - SiriusXM has created intese security that Applian's (and everyone else) having difficulty breaking through. I, too, am frustrated, but being aggressive in the forum is not helpful and it's tedious and negative to those of us who use these forums.

jamador
05-06-2011, 07:29 AM
These forums are not a place to complain. They exist so that tech support and other users can interact around problems and resolutions. If you feel like b*tching or venting, please contact customer service directly. The issue with SiriusXM is not the fault of Applian - SiriusXM has created intese security that Applian's (and everyone else) having difficulty breaking through. I, too, am frustrated, but being aggressive in the forum is not helpful and it's tedious and negative to those of us who use these forums.

(tl;dr version near the bottom of this page)

You may have noticed that I posted no further response, as I received my answer. I don't feel like "b*tching or venting" nor would I waste customer support's time with that kind of call. I was leaving it at that, only checking now to see if we got an update, but since you decided to reply here instead of PMing me with your complaint regarding my behavior, I feel I must answer in turn.

I'm afraid I cannot join you in benevolent apathy. For several months this issue has persisted; nearly from the start of it we've been directed to an application that is doing exactly what you seem to think is impossible or incredibly difficult to do. This application is free and is being made by someone who isn't getting paid to do it.

Now I don't expect Applian to simply integrate someone's freeware into their commercial product, (I won't pretend to know the legal implications of either that or reverse engineering,) but the fact is that it is possible and it was done by someone who ISN'T getting paid to do it. I suppose we could lie back, take it and just presume the best of a corporate entity, but that usually doesn't end well, (if it did, we wouldn't have the BBB.)

You might also notice that the XMTuner guy(s) have links regarding Replay A/V... they're willing to cooperate, at least as far as that goes. Has Applian already tried reaching out to them to borrow code for a favor? Not only do I have no idea, I don't very much care as long as all options have been exhausted, all efforts made.

I received my answer regarding exactly that, and probably won't be moved to ask again until the next 3-4 month period without improvement comes.

Addendum:
This is the first and last post I'm making re: people being upset with the tone of my posts. PM me if you wish to discuss/argue/complain further, but don't waste time and space (like I just had to) for such matters.

Edited by Admin: Please keep the personal insults to a maximum of ZERO - thank you. :)
Edited by jamador: If the attaching of verbs to one another counts as an insult, then please treat us all equally and edit the "b*tching and venting" portion of the above post as you have to my comment regarding "white-knighting." Doing anything else is beneath someone given your role on this forum, particularly since mine did not involve language considered inappropriate, even given the asterisk "censorship." I know you'll do the right thing. Thank you, admin. :)

New tl;dr:
Leave all of your comments on the behavior and information posted by others, when made as a personal attack, in Private Messages (PMs) in the future. Furthermore, my comments are valid, despite your opinion to the otherwise.

danjfoley
05-10-2011, 07:03 AM

such "intese security" that XM Tuner has no problem recording it. I've said it a billion times. But no one wants to listen. If XM Tuner can tune it.. then why can't Applian? Why? because they don't care to.

Cheryl Wester
05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
XM Tuner and our program are doing two different things and that is why one program is working and the other isn't for what you want to do. It is not an easy fix as if it were we would have it going for you. We want it to work as much as you do. The issue is how the streams are populated.

danjfoley
05-11-2011, 09:01 AM
XM Tuner and our program are doing two different things and that is why one program is working and the other isn't for what you want to do. It is not an easy fix as if it were we would have it going for you. We want it to work as much as you do. The issue is how the streams are populated.

Yes, I understand there are 2 different ways to connect to the audio. What you are saying is basically.. we were connecting to the audio using method A, xm tuner is using method b. Method A isn't working, and we are spending 6+ months trying to get method A working. We the users are saying.. why not just issue a patch that uses method B to connect while you continue your work trying to get method A to work again.

I don't understand why you can't just admit that? I'm a programmer myself. I understand it. When a program of mine stops connecting to an API because the API itself is refusing our connections, and there is another API out there I can use, I can switch.

If you are saying your entire program is built from the ground up to connect with method A, I can understand it might be an undertaking to switch to method B. But you've already spent 6 months trying to get A to work.. really how much time would it take to re-write it with method B?

Cheryl Wester
05-11-2011, 11:30 AM
All I can say is that the developer is looking into it and if there is a solution we will update. I don't have any other answers for you at this time.