PDA

View Full Version : Audio Phase Issue

Dragonrider
01-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Just recently I have encountered a "phasing" sound when playing back captured video files. This seems consistant for all video capture audio. I've tried various players and all exhibit the same "phasing" playback. I have Realtek HD audio and no other video playback issues, just with the captured files. I've tried multiple configurations and the same result. I did not originally have this issue, only in the last month. I'm running XP SP3 with a dual processor and 3 gb of ram.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance....

Cheryl Wester
01-30-2011, 07:42 PM
What program are you using when this happens of ours. Also, please elaborate as to what you mean by phasing.

Dragonrider
01-31-2011, 03:37 PM
I am using Replay Video Capture. Phasing sounds like a whooshing effect in the audio. This might help: http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/effects/phase-shift/

Jeff Lenney
01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Heya Dragon Rider

I would like you to go into the Settings of WM Capture by clicking the "Settings" button, then click the "Audio Setup/Test button."

We are interested in what is listed under the Audio Sources. Is there anything there besides the Universal Audio Driver?

If so, when each of the other options are selected, is there a "Wave," "Stereo Mix," "What-U-Hear" or anything along those lines listed under "Audio Inputs" (The colum just to the right)? For example, My Audio Inputs says Stereo Mix, Line-In, Microphone and a few others..

Looking forward to your response.

Dragonrider
02-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for following up with me on this issue.

It is set for Line in/Mic in and Stereo Mix (choices also include Line In and Microphone).

The test was OK.