PDA

View Full Version : Recording SiriusXM streams as MP3 not ASF

progknocker
01-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi
Is it possible when recording SiriusXM streams it will automatically encode to MP3?

Can't seem to figure if ReplayAV can do this?

Right now, it encodes to ASF then I have to convert it manually.

Thanks
D

Jeff Lenney
01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi - it records in the native format - or closest to it. you would need to convert it manually to mp3.

Thanks!

KLP
03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi - It use to automatically convert the streams to MP3. It seems that ever since I had to start using XMTuner it wont autmatically convert. Is there any plan to fix this?

Cheryl Wester
03-09-2011, 06:10 PM
You need to set it up in the properties to convert to MP3 and it will. Right mouse click your schedule for the program and select properties.

j940651
03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
@KLP I'm having the exact same problem. I thought I was going crazy. Ever since XMTuner I haven't had anything convert automatically, they remain in .asf even though I have the conversion checked off. Annoying.

Cheryl Wester
03-11-2011, 11:08 AM
If you do have this issue please send us a log file into tech support with the information detailed.

Crazz
03-13-2011, 01:39 AM
I had this happen to me a couple of months ago after installing outside software (I don't recall which, but had something to do with file coversion program). I ended up having to uninstall av replay and re-installing, which corrected the problem.

I'm having this same problem again where my recording is set up to record as an mp3, but records as an asf.mp3. Itunes will not open the asf.mp3 file.

Cheryl Wester
03-13-2011, 12:13 PM
This is showing that it converted from .asf to .mp3. It should still open. If it doesn't just rename and delete the .asf

Crazz
03-13-2011, 02:38 PM
If it doesn't just rename and delete the .asf

I realize I could do that, and had done it previously, however it can be tedious when recording multiple shows.

j940651
03-14-2011, 08:52 AM
If you do have this issue please send us a log file into tech support with the information detailed.

Similiar to the other poster my problem was with Replay Converter.
Some 3rd party software doesn't like the Replay Converter codecs and deleted them I guess. I uninstalled and reinstalled ReCon and fixed the problem. :)

Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
03-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Similiar to the other poster my problem was with Replay Converter.
Some 3rd party software doesn't like the Replay Converter codecs and deleted them I guess. I uninstalled and reinstalled ReCon and fixed the problem. :)

Thanks.

Quite strange - but regardless, glad it's working now :)