PDA

View Full Version : VOB to AVI quality issue

gyoungphd
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I have a DVD of VOB files that were shot for my company (so I'm not violating any copyright here). I am going to need to edit these files with Replay Media Splitter.

I converted from VOB to AVI "better quality 200 Kbps." The resulting AVI is all pixillated (sorry, I don't know the right term). Did I choose the wrong format, or does anyone have any other ideas how to achieve decent quality in the conversion?

Many thanks!

Mike Christensen
09-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a DVD of VOB files that were shot for my company (so I'm not violating any copyright here). I am going to need to edit these files with Replay Media Splitter.

I converted from VOB to AVI "better quality 200 Kbps." The resulting AVI is all pixillated (sorry, I don't know the right term). Did I choose the wrong format, or does anyone have any other ideas how to achieve decent quality in the conversion?

Many thanks!

Hi,

When converting from a VOB, you will need a much higher Kbps setting. Something from 1000 Kbps to 2000 Kbps. To do this, you will need to edit the bitrate setting in Replay Converter by right clicking on the AVI target format and selecting "Edit Target Format Properties", then in the Bitrate drop down list, select "Custom" and type in a number between 1000 and 2000 and then click the OK button. Then try converting the VOB again with the new setting.

Best regards,

gyoungphd
09-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Mike,
I appreciate the speed and thoroughness of your response. That worked so well I think the conversion looks better than the DVD! Thank you!