PDA

View Full Version : Making FLV my default player with recordings again

Weeble
09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope this was the right section to ask a question about this product I didn't see anywhere else where it should go. If this is wrong, I apologize.

I have replay media catcher, the registered version and love it and love FLV player, it's all great! I want to know how I can get the FLV player to be my default player again with my recordings? I scanned my computer last weekend and that scan messed up a lot on my computer, I'm still trying to fix what it has changed. As of now, media player classic is showing in the folder as to what to play it with. I have media player classic only because I had to get some codec pack for windows media player. I want to be able to go back to FLV and can't figure out how. I was hoping someone could help me. I thought of uninstalling replay media catcher and installing it again but wasn't sure how that worked, I mean I paid for it and still have the code I need to enter but was afraid that what if it wouldn't work again and that it would solve the default problem but I don't want to take a chance.

Also I can't rename the files anymore from my recordings folder like I could before, now it gives me a message asking to click yes or no and if I do it, I could lose data or whatever. Well I did try it and lost it so now I click no. I want to be able to rename them again as well.

Can anyone so kindly help me out with this? I'm hoping something can be done about it.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff Lenney
09-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, you should be able to right-click any of your flv files, and select "open with", and choose the flv player...there should also be a check mark that allows you to ALWAYS use that program for that type of file.

I hope this helps. :)

Weeble
09-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks so much Jeff! I had tried to do this before but I guess I was going about it right and I fixed it. I appreciate your help.

Jeff Lenney
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
My Pleasure Weeble,

Glad that did the trick for you. :-)