PDA

View Full Version : Will Replay Music capture Sirius as individual music files and tag them with band name/title/ etc

cptech
12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Folks, I'm a sirius subscriber and I can also stream sirius online. Will Replay Music capture sirius as individual music files and tag them with band name/title/ etc..... I've been reading the forums but I haven't found this info. I did download the trial of Replay a/v just for this reason, but it seems that replay a/v records that particular station as one big file vs. individual files.

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheryl Wester
12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
No, it will not. This is due to how they stream. In order to tag you would need to have a definitive silence between the songs without a fade in or a fadeout. Actually, the program that is ideal to record this with is AV. It records in the native format at the native quality. It is a stream capture.

Jeff Lenney
12-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Indeed - please try Replay AV for this - it's an excellent Sirius Stream Recorder (http://applian.com/replay-av/) and will do the job nicely for you :)

cptech
12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Cheryl/Jeff,

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

One last thing, just so I understand, you're saying Replay a/v should be able to capture sirius as individual songs ??

Thanks again

Cheryl Wester
12-30-2010, 09:23 PM
No, it won't for the same reason that Replay Music won't. It just is a more efficient way of recording Sirius.