PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter 3.1 will not accept my Capture Suite registration code

craig78681
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
I asked this question earlier in the wrong forum.

It's here (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=608).

jslaff
09-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I had the same problem, so it's not just your setup.

Cheryl Wester
09-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Replay Converter 3.1 has a lot of improvements in it and is basically a brand new program with the additional items. We have made a decision to charge a nominal fee of $9.95 for this update. You are still able to use 3.05 if you wish without paying for the update. We have had several updates that have updated with technology changes without a fee, but at this time we do have to charge. Thanks for understanding.

craig78681
09-16-2008, 10:26 AM
... at this time we do have to charge. Thanks for understanding.
You guys know that I am a diehard Applian fan. And I certainly want you to maintain a healthy balance sheet so you can keep producing these products that make my commute actually enjoyable (is there something you can do about fuel prices while you're at it?). I was so surprised by the upgrade fee because 3.1 is what I think of as "point release". When you move to a new major release (e.g., moving from 2.8 to 3.0) an upgrade fee is never surprising. But moving from 3.0 to 3.1 with a fee just took me by surprise. Thanks for the explanation.

goldwings98se
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
You guys know that I am a diehard Applian fan. And I certainly want you to maintain a healthy balance sheet so you can keep producing these products that make my commute actually enjoyable (is there something you can do about fuel prices while you're at it?). I was so surprised by the upgrade fee because 3.1 is what I think of as "point release". When you move to a new major release (e.g., moving from 2.8 to 3.0) an upgrade fee is never surprising. But moving from 3.0 to 3.1 with a fee just took me by surprise. Thanks for the explanation.

Sorry. I like the Applian products. I purchased the suite after being a long time user of Replay Converter (althought I use ******** for all of my converting). And although I only use Replay Media Catcher, once in a while I use Replay Music and once in a very great while I will use Replay Converter.

If you guys are going to charge me another $10 per product to upgrade to fix BUGS after spending over $100 for the Suite license less then 5 months ago then your just about to lose a customer and a customer reference.

Bill Dettering
09-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Replay Converter 3.x is actually the upgrade from version 2. If you ordered version 3.0, the 3.1 upgrade is free.

However, we took another look at our upgrade policy, and have extended the free upgrade window for Replay Capture Suite customers back to March 15, 2008 - or approximately 6 months for Replay Media Catcher and Replay Converter upgrades. Customers purchasing Replay Converter only can upgrade free if you purchased on or after July 1, 2008.

Please keep in mind that both of these products underwent a LOT of work, and do have more capabilities than previous versions. We feel $9.95 isn't a lot to spend compared to the value you get. Your donation helps fund the continued development of our products. And upgrading is always optional.

Best Regards,

Bill Dettering
CEO
Applian Technologies Inc.
www.applian.com