PDA

View Full Version : Saving/Converting Audio Capture to .wav?

Meatball
12-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I've been testing a bunch of different applications for use with recording Skype audio for a Podcast. Replay Telecorder seems to capture audio the best out of everything I've tested so far, but I'm a bit lost on one point.

There's a great freeware application out there called "Levelator" that will level out audio for all the different people on the conference, but it can only work on .wav or .aiff.

Is there any way to get Replay Telecorder to save the audio capture out as one of those formats? If not, if I use a converter to go from the .avi to one of them, does anyone know if I'll lose of the audio quality?

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
12-25-2010, 09:45 AM
The program does not record in the format you want at this time. Do give the converter a try. People are very pleased with the quality of the conversion.

Meatball
12-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks Cheryl, I'll definitely give it a try.

Meatball
02-10-2011, 08:15 AM
You guys are giving the best audio quality by far, over everyone else. Of course, dealing with the .avi conversion adds an extra step, but it's not that bad. I was just wondering if there's any plans for the future to...

1) Allow saving of files directly to other formats, .wav, etc.
2) Record each audio stream to it's own track?

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
02-10-2011, 07:07 PM
There is an option to record as separate files. Give that a try. We always work on improving our programs so other formats could be in the near future.

Meatball
02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I see an option to separate files for video, but not audio. Am I missing something? For Audio I just see Both, Speaker Only or Microphone Only.

Jeff Lenney
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I see an option to separate files for video, but not audio. Am I missing something? For Audio I just see Both, Speaker Only or Microphone Only.

Good evening meatball,

Would you mind confirming for us what version of telecorder you're currently using?

Thanks! :)

Meatball
02-11-2011, 05:25 AM
v1.2.0.4

Meatball
06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
v1.2.0.4

I know this is an old thread, but starting to use Telecorder (1.2.0.9) again and still wondering a few things.

Still don't see any option to record audio streams as separate files. Just see options for Both, Microphone Only and Speaker Only. Am I missing something, or is that still not available? Basically we'd like to be able to record two sides of a Skype conversation, but have either separate files or separate tracks in the same file for each speaker so we can do edits individually if needed.
Love that you have audio dropped out as MP3 now. Any chance we can get an option to do MP3 or WAV?