PDA

View Full Version : Stations I can no longer capture. What URL should I use?

ggleath
12-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I am using Replay AV 8.81. The URLs I've been using to capture specific stations are no longer working. I presume this is due to technology changes by the content provider. None of the other Applian tools have worked to help me identify the needed URL. Please help with these stations:

WTKK 96.9 (Boston)
102.5 The Bone (Tampa)
WREC 600 AM (Memphis)

Cheryl Wester
12-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Are you adding thiese stations through our Media Guide or are you using your own link. It is always best to add through the Media Guide. Then if you have an issue let us know the call letters in tech support so we can update them for you.

ggleath
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
I originally added via the Media Guide, but they stopped working. Subsequent attempts have not worked either.

Cheryl Wester
12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Please try the Media Guide again. If you do continue to have a problem contact tech support as these have been updated.

sashimigrade
12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm having this problem too. I've been recording WHTP 102.5 FM Tampa FL for a long time and it stopped working on or around December 7th. On 12/16/10 I tried to add the station again through the media guide and it still doesn't work. Then I uninstalled Replay AV, reinstalled the newest version from this site, and added the show again through the media guide and nothing. It tries to connect and then quits with no error message after about 20 seconds or so. I can go to http://theboneonline.com/ and listen without any problems. I can also "Tune to Station" without any problems. I have tried to add another station out of Dayton, OH and also tried to provide my own link. I get the same result and it doesn't work either.

I have other XM shows that work fine. I'm running Windows Vista with all current updates and Replay AV 8.82.

ggleath
12-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear others are having the same problem, but it does support the notion that this is a centralized issue. I did try to add the stations back with the Media Guide with no success.

Any other suggestions?

ggleath
12-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Cheryl.... Do you have any other advice on this issue?

Cheryl Wester
12-20-2010, 12:18 PM
We just updated the link to The Bone a couple of days ago. Please delete the show from your AV and then add it again. It will be set up correctly. If you continue to have an issue then please contact tech support. Also, if a link isn't working let us know in tech support so we can update it. We can't monitor all of the stations and rely on our customers to let us know when we need to update a link.

ggleath
12-20-2010, 01:45 PM
The Bone is working again with the update. The other two stations no longer work with "Capture Audio Stream" selected. The media guide defaults to "Capture by Recording Audio Output (Speakers,...)" This isn't a feasible option in my environment.

Jeff Lenney
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
The Bone is working again with the update. The other two stations no longer work with "Capture Audio Stream" selected. The media guide defaults to "Capture by Recording Audio Output (Speakers,...)" This isn't a feasible option in my environment.

Thanks for your update, glad to hear that it's now working. :-)

Regarding your suggestion for the media guide, our developers DO read these forums for your suggestion will not go un-heard.

thetalk
12-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, I really miss downloading the streams. This happened a year or two ago, and they updated ReplayAV and it started working again. Moving target. And I hope the radio stations get tired of updating before the Applian software team does!
But to address your issue with recording the speakers, I too have had problems coming into the office with my speakers making a bunch of noise. I found a little program called Auto mute that took care of the problem. You can get it at...
http://www.auto-mute.com/
...and it keeps things quiet. Took me a while to remember there was a dash between auto and mute!

dfelix419
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I am also having problems with WRIF (Detroit). It no longer records that station. I am using the most current build of Replay AV. I have tried reinstalling that station from the Media Guide.. No haps...

wadio
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm horrified to discover that Replay-AV hasn't stream-captured most of what it was scheduled since December 25th! That includes WOR, WABC, WTRW and WBAL and others. In fact, the only station that works now is WNTK. I've been busy lately so I haven't checked to see if files were actually created -- I assumed they were. I was looking forward to listening to some of this material now.

I've verified the URLs for WOR and WABC -- they're both the ones currently listed in the Media Guide, but neither works.

This makes Replay-AV essentially useless to me. What's going on? It's been almost a month with no resolution?

Cheryl Wester
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Links change all the time. Stations change how they are streaming and we update when we are made aware of it. There are some stations that change on a daily basis due to how they stream. For these we are not able to use stream capture as the stream URL always changes. We set these up for audio capture. We don't monitor the thousands of stations we have listed but rely on our customers to let us know when a link is changed. I just tested WABC and it is working and stream capturing without an issue. Please delete what you have and then add it again. What link are you using for WOR? Thanks.

wadio
01-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Cheryl, thanks for your very prompt response ... sorry I've taken awhile to reply. Things seem to be working again.

On Monday when I found that only one station was still being recorded, I rebooted the computer and did some testing using "tune to station" but couldn't get any of the stations I mentioned to connect (retry #1, retry #2, etc.)

Then Tuesday morning I checked again and found that a couple of shows had been recorded on Monday night -- the first recordings placed in those folders since December 24th -- and it's now capturing fine.

I apologize for jumping the gun! :o