PDA

View Full Version : New User & Stream Capturing

Happy Hank
09-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi - Firstly, let me say that Replay A/V is a treat to use. I tried several of the competitors before settling on Replay, and there really is no comparison IMO.

Anyway, having said that, I am having trouble getting a Stream Capture session to work. Seems that when I load the screen for Stream Capture, there is either nothing in the list of URL's, or it is a URL from I don't know where, but not what I'm listening to at that moment. Any suggestions

Thanks,

HH

Jeff Lenney
09-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Hank

Wow, seems you are indeed happy, thanks for your kind words and don't forget to tell your friends about our great products (and support) :)

With regards to your issue, Replay AV can be a little overwhelming at first (in my opinion at least), but once you sit and play with it for a bit, it really becomes one of the best and easiest to use Recording Programs out there.

I'm going to start with a few basics first, I truly hope you don't mind, and after this if you still need some help I or Applian would be more than happy to assist you, either here or via a support ticket.

First of all, We have some great tutorials that really help you use Replay AV to the best advantage. Please take a look at them and see if they answer some of your questions.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/how-to.php

Also, Here is a tutorial on how our URL Finder is used:

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/user_guide_700.php#urlfinder

For future reference, When you want to record something that is not in the Media Guide use the URL Finder under Tools.

First, always make sure that you start the URL Finder prior to browsing to the media that you want detected. Also, be sure that you've selected your network adapter at the bottom of the URL Finder window.

Also, sometimes YouTube and Google videos are cached if you've already played them once. This can prevent the URL Finder from seeing them. If you've already played the video once, re-start the browser or clear its cache before opening the stream capture/URL Finder.

It sounds like you have a wrong URL. Also, there are some URLs where, even though we get a URL, it won't capture. This is due to the way that the station streams.

When I used the above I was able to get a good stream. In testing it worked great.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/30355/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/30355/3909/richmedia/Property_Insurance_-_Sampson.mp3?CCOMRRMID=15541618&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=TALLAHASSEE-FL&NG_FORMAT=newstalk&NG_ID=WFLAFM&OR_NEWSFORMAT&OWNER=3909&SERVER_NAME=www.wflafm.com&SITE_ID=3909&STATION_ID=WFLA-FM&TRACK=Property_insurance_-_Sampson

Remember, when capturing an archive it is going to record as fast as your Internet connection allows and not in real time. Thanks.

Let me know if that does the trick for you please. :-)

Happy Hank
09-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Hi Jeff:

Thanks for your reply. I've been lax in responding, but I'm back now and ready to sort this out once and for all. Consider me a fairly adept user, and past the neophyte stage as a user.

I listen to concerts on "Wolfgang's Vault" frequently, and would like to capture them woth Replay. I've loaded the stream capture tool, and started a concert such as:

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/player.aspx?ConcertID=50562|1462

For some reason, this URL isn't registering in the tool. Possible there is some kind of "Blocking" mechanism on this site, so you cannot record the stream? Please try and see if you can make it work. If so, this means that I have some configuration problem we need to diagnose.

Thanks, Henry

Happy Hank
09-23-2008, 05:33 AM
PS - Your URL worked fine....

arrepinbc
09-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi:

Can manage to get the video recording started but don't understand how you can stop and save the recording when YOu only want a short newsclip or part of a program? arrepinbc

Rockerbraves
09-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I was wondering as well if you can record just a portion of a video like a highlite from a football game.