PDA

View Full Version : .rm file won't convert to .mp3

Aslan
09-14-2008, 09:05 AM
I can't convert .rm files that I created using WM Recorder 12.1 (or 12.0 for that matter) into an mp3 files. The process continues indefintely while never creating the .mp3 file equivalent (not even the empty file). No errors reported...

It hasn't been a problem in recent months just in the last week or so. Has something changed in the last version of suite? Currrent version of suite using AV8.44 & Converter 2.80 & Cap4.0.

Thanks
Kanger

Jeff Lenney
09-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I can't convert .rm files that I created using WM Recorder 12.1 (or 12.0 for that matter) into an mp3 files. The process continues indefintely while never creating the .mp3 file equivalent (not even the empty file). No errors reported...

It hasn't been a problem in recent months just in the last week or so. Has something changed in the last version of suite? Currrent version of suite using AV8.44 & Converter 2.80 & Cap4.0.

Thanks
Kanger

Hi Kanger,

We actually don't support the WMR Product line (WMR 12.1, WM Converter, etc) via this forum, hence there not being an area for it.

Can you please submit a ticket to support for assistance with it?

We'll be able to get into more specific details with you there on the issues at hand as well.

Thanks. :)

Aslan
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi Jeff,
Not a problem. It was actually Replay Converter 2.8 that was not working. However since Converter 3.05 is now working without crashing windows explorer now, the problem is partly resolved.

It doesn't resolve the problem that .rm are not automatically converted (as requested in options) in AV8 (after recording) but that is a different.

Aslan

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi Jeff,
Not a problem. It was actually Replay Converter 2.8 that was not working. However since Converter 3.05 is now working without crashing windows explorer now, the problem is partly resolved.

It doesn't resolve the problem that .rm are not automatically converted (as requested in options) in AV8 (after recording) but that is a different.

Aslan

Hi,

Please download the latest version of Replay Converter, version 3.11.

Best regards,

Ross
10-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I have replay converter 2.41, 2.80, 3.12. Only 2.41 will convert rm files to mp3 for me. I've had similar problems with extracting MP3 from FLV with earlier versions of replay converter and had to downgrade.

the moral is if you have a version that works for you - think hard about "upgrading". I just wasted $10 on 3.12 since I get the ffmpeg error when I try to convert video files as well as not being able to convert rm files. I go back to 2.41 and it does the job - I just don't have all of the new "high quality formats "to convert to - which don't work for me anyway.

are you hearing me Applian? - I'm frustrated with your "upgrades"

Cheryl Wester
10-21-2008, 09:46 AM
We are sorry that you feel that way. Most people are really happy with what is being done with our programs. If you have an issue please contact tech support for some individual assistance with this file as it should work for you with the latest version of our Converter. Thanks.

Aslan
11-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi there,
Upgraded to AV8.52 etc and now I can't get Converter (3.20) to convert *.rm files.

The tech report is already submitted but haven't heard anything.

cheers
Aslan