PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass Stream Recording

biggysmlz
11-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Hello, like in the topic, which program I would have to buy here to be able to capture NBA LP games streamed on their platform?

I was googling a lot last few days, and i found info that its secured either with some Smooth Streaming v2 or "Neulion"... i have no idea what both of those are, so please help me find a solution to record those NBA games please.

Thanks.

stream-recorder.com
11-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Try to download NBA League Pass streams with the demo version of Replay Media Catcher 4. It support Smooth Streaming MajorVersion 2.

biggysmlz
11-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Try to download NBA League Pass streams with the demo version of Replay Media Catcher 4. It support Smooth Streaming MajorVersion 2.

Its catching 'million' of small mp4 files, each ~2s in lenght..... :/

stream-recorder.com
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Its catching 'million' of small mp4 files, each ~2s in lenght..... :/
Do you use RMC 4.0.17?

p.s. A week ago I was trying to get more details on this. NBA League Pass was using a non-standart manifest, so I didn't find any software that would allow to record such streams (except for screen recorders like Replay Video Capture)

biggysmlz
11-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Yes, im using the newest avaible on the website 4.0.17.

Screen recorder it not an option, machine i want to record it on is a 'remote' box, only option for me is to use stream recorder. I just hope developers here would be able to somehow find a fix for that stream :( I would buy software that could record it in no time, if it was avaible.

Jeff Lenney
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
VPN/Remote server recording is a bit difficult. I can help you do it with a direct connection, but unfortunatley i cannot make any guarantees if you're using a VPN or remote connection. :(

magmo
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi Jeff

I too get the same behaviour, is there any solution to this using replay media catcher or is the screen recorder the only option?

stream-recorder.com
12-29-2010, 02:01 PM
It is not only about Replay Media Catcher, I wasn't download/capture NBA LP streams with any other software. Screen recorder seems to be the only option.

Cheryl Wester
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Due to how this is streaming you do need to use a screen capture program. Both Jeff and stream-recorder are correct.

Jeff Lenney
12-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Indeed - and as luck would have it, we've got an EXCELLENT Screen Recorder Called Replay Video Capture (http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/) - check it out, and let us know if it does the trick! :-)

magmo
12-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Jeff

Replay Video Capture works fine, but I see that this program could use some improvements. One annoying thing is that when you want to define the window that is supposed to be captured it is hard to get the window size to be exact as you want it. The tools and the way you define the window should be improved to make this task easier and more precise.

Cheryl Wester
12-30-2010, 09:22 PM
If you are using Windows 7 that is often hard to do. This is due to how the video card in Windows 7 works. The developer is working on an improved version but I don't have a list of improvements as of yet or know when it will be released.

magmo
12-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes I do use Win 7, good to know that work is in progress. Looking forward to the new version.

Jeff Lenney
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Indeed - Thanks Cheryl for answering that for me, and Magmo - welcome to the forums! :-)