PDA

View Full Version : error: couldn't get a specific error after login attempt

timpgh
09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I've updated to 8.43 to resolve the Sirius problem from Labor day weekend. (Thanks again Applian!!)

I have daily Howard recording set up anew (I rescheduled all my recordings anew per the posting) and they worked fine mon/tues/wed.

On Thursday I received this error "error: couldn't get a specific error after login attempt" and nothing recorded. I did a manual recording yesterday of the repeat show and it worked fine. (My Bubba afternoon scheduled recording worked just fine also)

I also have a separate schedule for every Friday to record the "best of" Howard on Channel 100 and it failed and gave the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Tim

jgatie
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I also had the same type of error on both days. Then again, my Sonos system, which uses a different login, crapped out at the same time as my Replay recording. So I figured it was Sirius online's problem, not Replay A/V's. I do wish we could have it retry the login after a certain number of minutes for any scheduled recordings, because my Sonos came back after about 2-3 minutes, whereas the recording failed once and stopped.

purepain2002
09-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I record Howard everyday (M-F) 6:00 to 11:00 in 30 min blocks

For last two days I'm also only getting the first 2 hr or so of the show.

The logs are reporting the following errors

Wake up timer set for 251957 seconds
Fri Sep 12 8:00:01 AM Recording stopped before scheduled end time. A new recording has been started.
Fri Sep 12 8:01:44 AM Unable to tune to XM/Sirius feed error: couldn't get the login page :mad:

I missed few hours last week because the previous log in problem but I upgraded and it work fine after upgrade but now this week I had problems on Tuesday because a Windows related error and on Wed and Thurs due to error above.

I been using program since April and I love it. It has always worked great. I have an S50 but the reception at home is awful and the recordings often fail because of the bad reception. This program allows me to create MP3’s that I can play on my S50, I-pod and I-phone, so I can listen to Howard anywhere I want.

I hope they can fix this latest error too soon.

jgatie
09-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Just to follow up, my recordings have been fine so far this week. It looks like my assumption was correct, it was a Sirius problem. But I'd still like to see a retry attempt when a scheduled recording does not fully finish.

Jeff Lenney
09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Just to follow up, my recordings have been fine so far this week. It looks like my assumption was correct, it was a Sirius problem. But I'd still like to see a retry attempt when a scheduled recording does not fully finish.

Thanks for the update, please let us know if things change.