PDA

View Full Version : Installation Problem: Data Compression Error. File CRC Mismatch - Data Integrity Error.

jimh
11-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi,
I've been using RVC for a year or so, but now I find recordings have no sound. I have changed nothing, but sound recording stopped abruptly with a video recorded with no sound following hard on the heels of one have been recorded with sound as always.

Having checked settings, I decided to uninstall RVC, download afresh, and reinstall. I've downloaded RVCSetup.exe twice, but on each attempt to install I get the same message:

Data Compression Error
File CRC Mismatch - Data Integrity Error.

The installers I've downloaded are both 8619kb, I'm on Win7 64bit, have UAC disabled, and have never had a problem with RVC before. I hope someone can help!

I am a registered user.

Regards, Jim

jimh
11-26-2010, 11:12 AM
To add to my original post, I'd still like to have the latest version of RVC, so my difficulty still remains, but I now have sound back, by re-installing the version I purchased last year from my HD.

Regards, Jim

Jeff Lenney
11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Jim

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to hear you're having these issues. Do me a favor please, un-install ALL versions of Replay Video Capture - Reboot your pc, and re-install the latest version again. Let me know if that gets the install going for you, and then we'll move onto the sound issue as needed. :)

Thanks!

jimh
11-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Hi Jeff,
I've done as you suggested. I've still got this decompression message when I try to reinstall the new version.
I'm downloading the trial version. Is there another source of installer for RVC that I can download?

thanks, Jim

Jeff Lenney
11-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi Jim

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Let me look into the other source option and i'll follow up as soon as i can.

Thanks!

Jeff Lenney
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Hi Jim

Please try this direct link: http://applian.com.s3.amazonaws.com/RVCSetup.exe

Let me know if this helps. :)

jimh
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Jeff,

Downloaded from your link, but installation produced the same message. I'll type it out here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay Video Capture\RVCap.exe
A decompression error has occured (#7)

File CRC mismatch - Data integrity error

The install exe I downloaded on purchase last year (12/07/09) installs perfectly normally. I don't have RVC installed at the moment. I'm just keen to keep up to date with the updated version, but if I simply can't, I'll re-install the old version and carry on. Please let me know what you advise.

Regards, Jim