PDA

View Full Version : How to see each frame?

bluenose
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Hello

New here, so please excuse my naivete.

I have a FLV movie which looks fine - plays well - but is there a way I can open it so that I can see the individual photos (probably thousands of them) which comprise the movie?

I'd like to be able to open each 'frame', so that I can see that frame as an individual photo in Photoshop.

Thanks.

Bluenose

stream-recorder.com
11-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Take screenshots with a player like Media Player Classic. Then open them with any photo editor (Photoshop, GIMP,...)

bluenose
11-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello steam

Thanks for your reply.

That's possible, but the quality is not wonderful.

FLV is a Flash programme, but it's a flash movie not the original flash file in which the movie was created.

I thought there might have been a way of opening the movie to look inside, but never mind.

Thanks again.

stream-recorder.com
11-26-2010, 03:42 AM
FLV is not a program. It is a container. It contains an audio track such as MP3, AAC and a video track such as H.264, H.263, VP6. FLV files do NOT just contain slides with sound, so making a screenshot with a player is the only option I can suggest.

bluenose
11-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Hello steam

Yes, it's Action Script and all that stuff, isn't it.

I have, for instance, an old Flash MX 2004 and can create a movie in it. But when you upload it, you only upload the movie file to the server, and not the FLA file. I did it a while back.

Anyway, I've tried the screen shots and they don't look too bad - I'll mess about with them, anyway.

Thanks again.

Cheers

stream-recorder.com
11-26-2010, 09:55 AM
I know nothing about Action Script and FLA files.