PDA

View Full Version : FFMPEG message when converting FLV to MP3: SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one

ryalch
11-24-2010, 02:04 PM
I am having trouble converting a .flv file to an .mp3 file (downloaded radio prorgam) using Media Catcher. The program says "SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented."

I updated ffmpeg using SVN, but nothing has changed. File is eventually converted but it seems to take a long time.

stream-recorder.com
11-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Where do you record from? Does your FLV file contain MP3, AAC or some other audio track?

ryalch
11-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I am recording a radio stream from WLS- AM Chicago using Replay AV8 set to Stream Capture with a "after recording" conversion set to MP3. It used to work but stopped about a week ago and I think that it has someothing to do with the flv file structure. I have to run fix FLV in order to convert using Replay Convert program..

Jeff Lenney
11-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I am recording a radio stream from WLS- AM Chicago using Replay AV8 set to Stream Capture with a "after recording" conversion set to MP3. It used to work but stopped about a week ago and I think that it has someothing to do with the flv file structure. I have to run fix FLV in order to convert using Replay Convert program..

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the software yet, by chance?

stream-recorder.com
11-27-2010, 01:38 AM
So do you have problem with Replay AV 8 or Replay Media Catcher?

The FLV file contains an AAC audio track which can be extracted by Replay Media Catcher 4 and saved as .m4a or .m4b. It is extraction not conversion, so the operation is lossless. And it is fast. But of course if you need an MP3 track than conversion is needed.

SBR was added to the decoder in ffmpeg version r22316.

ryalch
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I tried to extract the AAC audio track as an .m4a file (Replay Converter) or .m4b file (Replay Media Catcher) but neither would work. Apparently, there is something wrong with the duration tag for the .flv file. If I first use the fix .flv option in Media Catcher, then I can convet the file to an .mp3 file.

corakrf
12-15-2010, 08:00 AM
I, too. Converting FLV to XBox360 AVI DivX.
>> Converting - [aac @ 0x17b8400]SBR not implemented.
>> Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from SVN.
>> If the problem still occurs, it means that your
>> file has a feature which has not been implemented.

RMC version 4.0.19
FFmpeg version SVN-r18639

Shellie Heggenberger
12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi,
Please backup ffmpeg.exe in your RMC/Jaksta install folder and then download this one into its place.
http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/ffmpeg/r25512/ffmpeg.exe

jfmalone
01-20-2011, 11:15 PM
i have this problem also but what is SVN?

stream-recorder.com
01-21-2011, 06:58 AM
i have this problem also but what is SVN?
Try the version of ffmpeg.exe that Shellie offered
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?5983-FFMPEG-message-when-converting-FLV-to-MP3-SBR-not-implemented.-Update-your-FFmpeg-version-to-the-newest-one&p=21195#post21195