PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Video

Dkar
09-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I am converting a FLV to another format. I have tried MPEG 4 (800), WMV (800), and MPEG-2 (DVD-NTSC 2000). All of these are much fuzzier than the original FLV. What can I do to improve the clarity?

Thank you.

skypilotpete
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Have you checked the video conversion settings? I found that converting flv to avi using the default settings gave a very poor result and the avi file was so pixelated that it was not useable. However, after I selected Options -> Video Conversion Options -> and then ticked FLV (Use Directshow for converting from), then the resulting file was a much better quality.

Dkar
09-13-2008, 06:05 AM
I cannot find that setting? In the version of replay converter that I have (3.05), when I click the options icon I can only change the CPU usage. I have not seen anywhere to control the "from" options.

skypilotpete
09-13-2008, 05:48 PM
For some inexplicable reason I think they have removed a lot of the user settings from the latest version. I have stayed with 3.0 because of that. I don't know if they have links to older versions on the website, but I'm pretty sure that if you email customer support, they will send you a link to a previous version.

Jeff Lenney
09-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Applian to the rescue. :)

Previous Version Download: Replay Converter 2.8 (http://applian.com/files/RCSetup280.exe) (25Mb)

Mike Christensen
09-20-2008, 02:19 AM
For some inexplicable reason I think they have removed a lot of the user settings from the latest version. I have stayed with 3.0 because of that. I don't know if they have links to older versions on the website, but I'm pretty sure that if you email customer support, they will send you a link to a previous version.

Hi,

In the latest version of Replay Converter, version 3.11, you can try using the new "Troubleshoot" feature to fix pixelated conversions or to fix other conversion issues. To use the Troubleshoot feature, just right click on the file giving you the problem in the source list box in Replay Converter and once that file is marked as "Tshoot" in the status column, click the "Go" button to convert the file.

Best regards,