PDA

View Full Version : Splitting Sirius Streams

|Jordan|
11-13-2010, 01:25 AM
I have splitting enabled on my settings so that if a stream is interrupted, i at least get up to a certain point saved to disk (its stuck in the cap file otherwise). This causes a problem with Sirius because Sirius has a 10 time per day connection limit on internet streams and every time a file is split, ReplayAV disconnects from the stream and reconnects.

What im asking is this; why does ReplayAV have to disconnect to split a file? Why can't it just keep recording and still split the files.

P.S. In case anyone asks me to ask Sirius why they do this - i already have. They said its a security feature to prevent people from sharing their login details.

Cheryl Wester
11-14-2010, 04:31 PM
When you have the program set to split it leaves the site. When it leaves the site it then needs to log back in. That is how a stream capture works. Thanks.

|Jordan|
11-14-2010, 06:02 PM
But why does it need to do this to split a file?

Cheryl Wester
11-14-2010, 07:11 PM
It has to leave the stream to split and when it leaves the stream it closes the stream.

thehobster
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
In other words, it's not a multi-threaded application where one captures the stream and buffers it into temp storage while another writes files from the buffer?

|Jordan|
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
In other words, it's not a multi-threaded application where one captures the stream and buffers it into temp storage while another writes files from the buffer?

You explained it better than me <3

Windows doesnt support multi threading so why should ReplayAV ... Oh wait Windows does support it ...

I doubt Applian would implement that architecture unless it guaranteed them increased sales, but let's hope they do it anyways. /me crosses fingers.

Jeff Lenney
11-17-2010, 06:51 PM
No Guarantees guys, but our programmers do read the forums constantly and look into our customers suggestions.

Thanks! =)