PDA

View Full Version : YouTube .flv video files: Multiple parts in RMC 4.0.14

jimmyd
11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I am having the same problem with YouTube .flv video files. The capture is fragmented in approx 610kb segments. Each segment is named as a copy of the original segment, incrementing the copy number by one. If you play each segment in turn, the complete video will be played with apparently no gaps.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Version 4.0.14.0 a couple of times in addition to cleaning the registry and restarting my computer. I even reset my activation code. Maybe someone of authority can point us in the right direction to solve the problem.

jimmyd
11-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I solved my problem by restoring my hard drive back to Replay Media Catcher version 3, uninstall version 3, restart the system and install version 4.0.12.0. I had previously uninstalled version 4.0.14.0 and reinstalled version 4.0.12.0 but that did not seem to solve the problem. Evidently the problem resides in version 4.0.14.0 and the condition is not removed when that version is uninstalled. I think I will stay with version 4.0.12.0 for a while until the problem is fixed.

jimmyd
11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I should have also mentioned this problem in my earlier posts.
For no apparent reason both versions 4.0.12.0 and 4.0.14.0 will randomly assign an alphanumeric name to the result.
For example: YouTube - 422a74c5b8ebd1a0.flv

Jeff Lenney
11-06-2010, 11:32 AM
I should have also mentioned this problem in my earlier posts.
For no apparent reason both versions 4.0.12.0 and 4.0.14.0 will randomly assign an alphanumeric name to the result.
For example: YouTube - 422a74c5b8ebd1a0.flv

Hi - glad you got it fixed. That's fairly normal from what i understand, mine does the same and I just re-name it as needed and take out the random characters. :)

jimmyd
11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
This naming problem seems like a timing problem between Replay Media Catcher modules. I say that because I can start a second capture of the video while the first misnamed capture is running and the second iteration will have the proper name. Sometimes it will not and will assign a "copy of" name. As an old computer programmer I would look for a timing and/or hand off/communications problem between two modules.

Jeff Lenney
11-07-2010, 10:21 PM
This naming problem seems like a timing problem between Replay Media Catcher modules. I say that because I can start a second capture of the video while the first misnamed capture is running and the second iteration will have the proper name. Sometimes it will not and will assign a "copy of" name. As an old computer programmer I would look for a timing and/or hand off/communications problem between two modules.

Hey Jimmy

I looked into this a bit, and it IS a known issue apparently. Would you please submit a support request so our RMC team can look into this further for you?

Thanks! :)