PDA

View Full Version : xfinity tv (comcast online)?

BostonDriver
10-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Can RMC4 be used for xfinity tv?

I gave it a quick try, no luck. Anyone else?

stream-recorder.com
10-28-2010, 07:17 AM
fancast.com?

BostonDriver
10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
fancast.com?

Now that you ask, I am re-directed to fancast. I only tried this last night for the first time, using the link in the promo email. I was never interested before, but now Xfinity claims that "on demand" is available via net, not just TV.

I record via TV for e.g. flights (I don't have time to watch when not traveling). Using RMC4 could save me a step or two.

lde
10-30-2010, 05:48 AM
I don't think it does. I have the full version 4, the latest upgrade. It doesn't appear to be seeing a stream to record. It DOES record (if on) the Xfinity logo video, but not what I watch. That's pretty lame. Most things are easy to 'record' just with the RealPlayer, but that's why I bought this; for the tougher stuff.

stream-recorder.com
10-30-2010, 09:20 AM
That's pretty lame. Most things are easy to 'record' just with the RealPlayer, but that's why I bought this; for the tougher stuff.
There is nothing Applian can do about restrictions put by Adobe:
As of January 28, 2009, any newly installed copy of Replay Media Catcher does not support Adobe Secure RTMP Measures. (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)