PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Netflix Streams With RVC

ronniej962
10-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Hello All,

I just setup a Netflix account and started streaming video. I've owned the Applian Suite of media tools for a while and through some posting learned that I can use Replay Video Capture to capture the stream to playback at a later date.

Well, the capturing worked well, but I was expecting something different. The playback included the controls (play, forward, back buttons, etc) as well as not being centered and I couldn't see the far right of the screen. I've used WM Recorder before and it only captured the movie - nothing else. In fact, with WM Recorder, it captured the movie from the site before I even finished watching it.

Am I missing some configurable settings that allow me to only capture the movie? It seems like it's actually capturing my desktop and not the stream. Again, I have the complete suit of media tools and if there is a better tool in the suit to use for this, let me know.

Thanks in advance!!
Ronnie

Cheryl Wester
10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
This is a screen capture program so it is going to capture what it sees. Use the red and blue markers and mark the area you want it to capture. Thanks.

ronniej962
10-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks Cheryl

Is there a better way to capture the stream other than capturing the screen?

Cheryl Wester
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Not for Netflix. This is due to the way they stream.

hatchhanlon
11-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Had this problem and this plan worked for me. Under control panel, determine if you have your text preferences set to medium eg 125%. If so, check the box that sets the size to %100 and retry recording. After much trial and error and searching the forum, this adjustment was all it took. Good luck.

wmercier
11-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Where specifically is this “text preferences”? I’m using XP with SP3 and could not find it within Control Panel.

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
That is not in XP but in Windows 7. Thanks.