PDA

View Full Version : No Audio in FLV Player (video recorded with RMC)

CU4A
10-15-2010, 08:55 PM
When I use the Applian FLV Player to play a .flv files created by Replay Media Catcher, there is no audio. The same file has audio when I use VLC. This problem just started about a week ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Applian FLV Player twice with the same result. What can I do to get the audio back?

stream-recorder.com
10-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Please provide a specific URL or upload you video to some file sharing web-site so that we can analyze it.

CU4A
10-16-2010, 01:30 PM
I have not used a file sharing web-site before. Can you suggest the best one to use for this purpose?

Here is a one of the videos that plays with audio in VLC, but not in the FLV Player from Applian:

http://www.oprah.com/health/The-Maximize-Your-Time-Workout-A-Dr-Oz-YOU-Q-Tool

...but it is happening on every .flv file that I have, whether they were recorded recently, or many months ago.

Cheryl Wester
10-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I believe you need to update your flv player. Uninstall and reboot prior to installing. Thanks.

CU4A
10-18-2010, 11:27 AM
I had already completed the uninstall/reboot/reinstall process twice before submitting my question. I went through the process again just now -- with no new results. Do you have any other suggestions?

CU4A
10-19-2010, 01:16 AM
I found a way to get the sound back...exploring, I pressed the up arrow key, and the sound control came back. I have to do this on each video, as if the default is to have the sound muted. I had clicked in the volume control before today (up or down) with no positive result. But, today, after playing with the arrows, the volume control appears to be working.

I know that something is still wrong because when I try to associate my .flv files with the Applian FLV Player, the icons on the files do not change. I am using Vista. Any suggestions?