PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "Sigma Tel Motherboard Integrated Audio Card"

Help Wanted!
10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
The Audio Card on my Notebook computer is a Sigma Tel Audio Card integrated on the motherboard. I've never had cause to use either the Internal Mic, External Mic or the Headphone output. I have just acquired a Digital Video Editing program. When I import Audio and Video via Firewire, USB or DVD drive, all is as it should be. However, if I try to record additional Audio from any Mic source the audio has a very low Signal to Noise Ratio producing extremely low volume and a lot of background hiss. I have navigated the Applian website and still can't find what product or devise (Hopefully FREE!) that will best address this issue. When I Googled the problem, Applian seemed to be most prominent in addressing this issue. Any help or suggestions from anyone would be of great value and very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any consideration.
Sincerely
Help Wanted

Jeff Lenney
10-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Hey there

What program are you using? You put this ticket in 'general discussion' and gave no indication of that.

Thanks! :)

Jeff Lenney
10-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I'll give my response for Replay Screencast for the sigma tell driver - I hope this helps

A lot of times the Sigma Tel sound card is missing some of the settings. If you would like to you can try this:

You can install the LG SigmaTel Drivers. This will restore the "stereo mix" line source:

--Follow this link: http://us.lgservice.com/
--Click on: Product Support
--Go to: Device Driver
--In product, select “Notebook”
--Type in a search for “Sigmatel”
--Download and install the resulting file (the largest one).

This could very well be the problem with your XP machine. If you do decide to try this please do a system restore point prior to installing. I always do one before installing any software. Also, you will need to reinstall the program.

If you're using a dell pc or laptop, you might want to try downloading these drivers instead:

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400/E1505&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=